Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Poor Angelica.

She was one of those students that got bullied by the teacher and the class.

They made an exception for humes getting the RP so they can make an exception for horses right? Where is Butter Rum?
    After all she went through and she still went on to save the planet multiple times. She's done well for herself.

The horse has been dead for what must be over a decade. She doesn't need it anymore. She can fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I know that it's completely irrational, but I just do not like Firestar and never will. That said, the writing seems good and the art is amazing.

I don't love Iceman's new costume, but it's better than the all ice look. What I really don't care for though is the goatee and hairstyle that Vecchio gave him, is he forming late '90s ska band?
    It's not a goatee, it's a light beard. Beard+fade is big in the gay community nowadays.

BANNED

O
    M
    G
    ... can this day get any better?!
    As if X-Terminators #3 deliverin' on Williams' promise of uppin' the ante wasn't enough...
    THIS could likely be my...
    GREATEST GET yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    [
    #BobbNaleX

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Super excited for this annual! And from the article Mr Foxe obviously cares a lot about the Angelica.

And at last, her previous time with the X-Men has been mentioned!

It's a shame that Duggan can't be bothered to write the vote winners (Polaris suffered much of the same fate last year) and had to outsource Firestar to another writer. If he really has no interest in writing these characters then maybe they should stop the public voting?
    They should stop it outright, regardless.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Why does Anjelica take this abuse from the Krakoans? I’m sure Exodus is out there somewhere around a campfire complaining about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

This looks, and reads, pretty damn good. color me pleasantly surprised.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Hang on, wasn't Angelica an openly mutant hero back when the Xavier and Co were pretending to be just mutant-friendly mutates?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Hang on, wasn't Angelica an openly mutant hero back when the Xavier and Co were pretending to be just mutant-friendly mutates?
    She's never hidden the fact that she's a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

So obviously the plot is Angelica feeling personally invested in making sure a cancer ward gets the drugs they need. I wonder who the other Mutant not closely associated with the X-Men is. I don't think it meant Vance being mentioned.
    I think the other mutant might be a villain. Whirlwind. She defeated him when she joined the avengers. If it's a hero, then I have no idea who it might be. I don't think it will be New Warrior... though I do wish it would be Namorita.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Cool to see the original Hellions. Hope we see more of them.
    I'm particularly interested in what's up with Jetstream. He's been resurrected, so he *might* not have his original bionics, and be 100% flesh-and-blood, but we never knew exactly what his mutation was, other than 'kinda like Cannonball.' He could fly like Cannonball, and fly through buildings unharmed, making him seem 'invulnerable while blasting,' but a shot from Magma left a burn on him and shot him out of the air, so he's *not* invulnerable to her blasts (and possibly not to anything but kinetic impact, like from his own collisions, or from bullets). Does he absorb kinetic impact and use it to rocket through the air, like a variation on Sebastian Shaw?

He originally couldn't control his power, and needed the bionics to fly. Has that been fixed? Or does he have bionics again? Or does he just never ever use his mutation these days? (We certainly haven't seen him use his powers!)

And where did the bionics come from? Emma? Or his rich Saudi family? (And that would imply that his rich Saudi family *approves* of their son being a mutant, and would spend millions on his bionics, which would be interesting and defy expectations.)

Just a ton of open story potential, about just this one Hellion, and he's not even as interesting as Catseye!

And then there's Beef. Ugh.

I sometimes forget the Hellions uniforms all had plunging necklines. It's like if Emma can go around flaunting her cleavage, her kids might as well do the same .

I'm sorry am I supposed to disagree with Roulette because she was speaking nothing but facts

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I'm sorry am I supposed to disagree with Roulette because she was speaking nothing but facts
    Not really? It seems like she's just construing Firestar's life to suit her own bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not really? It seems like she's just construing Firestar's life to suit her own bias.

"When mutants were being hunted down she was running around with the new warriors"

Check

"Now suddenly the world wants what we have she gets to be the face of mutants"

Very big check

The fact that Firestar is on this team as the face of mutants its a slap in the face to the mutants who were fighting for their lives while she was off doing other things.

Her stint as a Hero for other team doesn't mean a dam thing to mutants cause those teams were not fighting specifically for mutants. No mutant kid that was thinking they were going to be the last generation of mutants was thinking "oh it will be ok because Firestar's got our back"

She didn't actively work to protect mutants during some of the major crises, which is a fair point. But to be fair, almost no mutant kids thought that any adult mutant would save them. In fact, they'd been let down by the X-Men, or actively abandon by them.

She also worked with the X-Men IIRC, and taught at the school (albeit post M-Day.) She didn't even want to be on the X-Men this time around, but chose to do so because so many mutants wanted her to/agreed with Emma that she'd be a good fit. At the very least, she's working on the team for the sake of others, not because of the privileges it provides.

I still think we should bully her though. I have nothing against her, but it's so freaking funny seeing characters tear into her for being a poser.
    2024: The Year of Hellion