Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    "When mutants were being hunted down she was running around with the new warriors"

Check

"Now suddenly the world wants what we have she gets to be the face of mutants"

Very big check

The fact that Firestar is on this team as the face of mutants its a slap in the face to the mutants who were fighting for their lives while she was off doing other things.

Her stint as a Hero for other team doesn't mean a dam thing to mutants cause those teams were not fighting specifically for mutants. No mutant kid that was thinking they were going to be the last generation of mutants was thinking "oh it will be ok because Firestar's got our back"
    She won a majority vote, apparently most mutants don't care about that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Rolette is the one Hellion I've never liked. Ever. Her character always comes across as perpetually toxic and pathetically one-note.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Rolette is the one Hellion I've never liked. Ever. Her character always comes across as perpetually toxic and pathetically one-note.
    I mean, she's had so few appearances that it would not be hard at all to turn her character around with some much needed depth, but as is - yeah, her vibes scream "Be mean to me and I'll get my daddy to buy your daddy's company just so he can fire him. I'm gonna film it for TikTok."

Or, y'know. Something like that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously.

Mean for Mean-girl's sake but...completely devoid of interest.

Everytime she shows up and opens her mouth I'm like: Girl, go take a rest and let Catseye and Tarot do the talking because you and your discs are tired and serve no purpose, here.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-06-2022 at 08:23 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

She should learn from Hellion. He knows how to be a bitch, but in a charming and lovable way.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    She won a majority vote, apparently most mutants don't care about that.
    She won the vote because literally seconds before the vote Emma Frost (someone who mutants do trust) asked for her to be on the team. I thought that was pretty clear

Didn't the New Warriors fight Sentinels once? I think involving Ben Reilly's Spider-Man.
    She won the vote because literally seconds before the vote Emma Frost (someone who mutants do trust) asked for her to be on the team. I thought that was pretty clear
    But Angelica had nothing to do with that. And Emma was literally the Hellions' teacher (and mainly responsible for why Emma was distant from the X-Men and the Hellions to begin with).

And I can't imagine the vote was swayed solely on just Emma's words (then again, this is Krakoa we're talking about...)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't the New Warriors fight Sentinels once? I think involving Ben Reilly's Spider-Man.

But Angelica had nothing to do with that. And Emma was literally the Hellions' teacher (and mainly responsible for why Emma was distant from the X-Men and the Hellions to begin with).

And I can't imagine the vote was swayed solely on just Emma's words (then again, this is Krakoa we're talking about...)
    I'm sorry are you seriously saying that one of the most prominent X-men and figures of mutants asking for someone to be on a team didn't sway the vote? Emma alone is a house hold name

Fighting Sentinels one time is not a flex. Being a mutant is 24/7. Mutant enemies are always waiting for a chance to pounce. You saying she fought Sentinels or was on an X-men team one time is not enough. Defending mutants is not some part time job or volunteer work. It's a every day reality for mutants.

When you look at Magneto, Storm, Cyclops, even Xavier you can debate their methods but at the end of the day every mutant knows they are going to be fighting for mutants until the last mutant is standing. You can't say that about Firestar and that is why her representing mutants is laughable

Spectacular Member

People act like Firestar was part of the Hitler Youth for crying out loud, the reason she's never been heavily involved in the X-Verse is because X-writers have never been particularly interested in using her. That's it, that's the whole reason. The New Warriors and the Avengers and the Fantastic Four aren't all foaming at the mouth anti-mutant bigots because their creators don't want to bog their characters down in a whole other comic book's themes and stories.

I don't get this attitude that some people have where if a fictional character doesn't ooze mutant-related stories every time they appear then the only conclusion can be that character must be anti-mutant. You guys realise that these are fictional characters whose actions are assigned to them by writers, artists and editors both inside and outside of the x-books, right?

I mean using this logic, do the X-Men hate aliens because they haven't stopped the Kree and the Skrulls from warring against one another? They must hate Slorenians, they let Ultron just wipe that whole country off the face of the planet. Where were the X-Men when Galactus came to eat the planet or every time Blastaar or Annihilus break out of the Negative Zone? Why haven't the X-Men ever liberated the Moloids from the Mole Man? Professor X was in the Illuminati with Black Bolt for years in comic book time, weird how Charles was okay with the Inhumans having a whole slave race of their own for so long. They're weirdly okay with Ka-Zar and Shanna playing white saviour in the Savage Land and their own buddy Magneto periodically experimenting on the natives.

There are so many other examples of stories where heroes from one book didn't do anything to stop the bad guys in another book because this is how a shared universe works. You have to just handwave all of this stuff, otherwise there's enough evidence to show that every single one of these superheroes is really just a self-involved sociopathic narcissist who doesn't care about anyone outside of their own supporting cast and jesus christ, where's the enjoyment in that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    ... I'm liking the jokes.
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Liking the writing on this. If Duggan is moving to Uncanny Avengers I could see Foxe taking over this, or even vice versa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Really like that "various missions" panel, and the jokes. The art look really nice !...
    ... This preview looks and reads pretty good. ...
    ... He also seems to have a good feel for the team and their voices.

... He also seems to have a good grasp of the complexities of the Mutant Metaphor but also what goes into writing good stories. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    ... The franchise is in good hands with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This looks, and reads, pretty damn good. color me pleasantly surprised.
    This, all of it. I was really impressed w/that preview, loved it, and it got me so... stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    People act like Firestar was part of the Hitler Youth for crying out loud, the reason she's never been heavily involved in the X-Verse is because X-writers have never been particularly interested in using her. That's it, that's the whole reason. The New Warriors and the Avengers and the Fantastic Four aren't all foaming at the mouth anti-mutant bigots because their creators don't want to bog their characters down in a whole other comic book's themes and stories.

I don't get this attitude that some people have where if a fictional character doesn't ooze mutant-related stories every time they appear then the only conclusion can be that character must be anti-mutant. You guys realise that these are fictional characters whose actions are assigned to them by writers, artists and editors both inside and outside of the x-books, right?

I mean using this logic, do the X-Men hate aliens because they haven't stopped the Kree and the Skrulls from warring against one another? They must hate Slorenians, they let Ultron just wipe that whole country off the face of the planet. Where were the X-Men when Galactus came to eat the planet or every time Blastaar or Annihilus break out of the Negative Zone? Why haven't the X-Men ever liberated the Moloids from the Mole Man? Professor X was in the Illuminati with Black Bolt for years in comic book time, weird how Charles was okay with the Inhumans having a whole slave race of their own for so long. They're weirdly okay with Ka-Zar and Shanna playing white saviour in the Savage Land and their own buddy Magneto periodically experimenting on the natives.

There are so many other examples of stories where heroes from one book didn't do anything to stop the bad guys in another book because this is how a shared universe works. You have to just handwave all of this stuff, otherwise there's enough evidence to show that every single one of these superheroes is really just a self-involved sociopathic narcissist who doesn't care about anyone outside of their own supporting cast and jesus christ, where's the enjoyment in that?
    Yeah we've done this dance before, quite a few times. I think we're all aware that it's always been up to the writers/editors/offices. But we're talking about in-story from the perspective of the characters.

Do I think it's fair that Roulette and Bevatron are giving Firestar a hard time? No. Do I think it makes for an interesting and entertaining dynamic? Absolutely. Looking forward to reading it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yeah she is right behind Empath as most nasty unlikable, but at least Manny has have some character development over the years.

I'd put the Hellions in order of Worst to Best, most evil to not as:

Empath, Roulette, Beef, Bevatron, Tarot, Jetstream, Catseye

Empath, Roulette, Beef, Bevatron, Tarot, Jetstream, (Warpath), Catseye, (Firestar)
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I'm sorry are you seriously saying that one of the most prominent X-men and figures of mutants asking for someone to be on a team didn't sway the vote? Emma alone is a house hold name

Fighting Sentinels one time is not a flex. Being a mutant is 24/7. Mutant enemies are always waiting for a chance to pounce. You saying she fought Sentinels or was on an X-men team one time is not enough. Defending mutants is not some part time job or volunteer work. It's a every day reality for mutants.

When you look at Magneto, Storm, Cyclops, even Xavier you can debate their methods but at the end of the day every mutant knows they are going to be fighting for mutants until the last mutant is standing. You can't say that about Firestar and that is why her representing mutants is laughable
    I get that Emma is popular and important, but I don't think that means everybody is going to blindly follow what she says. Or maybe they would, I might be overestimating them .

It's not like Firestar has ever denied being a Mutant. But what an individual Mutant does with themselves is up to them, and Firestar was being a hero and saving people even if she wasn't an X-Man or part of a specific Mutant team. It's like the X-Men deal with Mutants and Mutant issues but their base mantra is to protect a world that hates and fears them. Like, if put in the position she would definitely fight for Mutants because she's a hero, and that holds true now on the current team.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Hope people keep this same energy with Namor and Scarlet Witch.
    "Cable was right!"

I get that Emma is popular and important, but I don't think that means everybody is going to blindly follow what she says. Or maybe they would, I might be overestimating them .

It's not like Firestar has ever denied being a Mutant. But what an individual Mutant does with themselves is up to them, and Firestar was being a hero and saving people even if she wasn't an X-Man or part of a specific Mutant team. It's like the X-Men deal with Mutants and Mutant issues but their base mantra is to protect a world that hates and fears them. Like, if put in the position she would definitely fight for Mutants because she's a hero, and that holds true now on the current team.
    Roulette, Bev, and Beef are still grudging after their battle with New Warriors in NW #10.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume