Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I just got through seeing this on Max and it was a pretty fantastic adaptation, not only was the voice cast great but there was a real sense of visual fidelity to the source that I enjoyed.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I just got through seeing this on Max and it was a pretty fantastic adaptation, not only was the voice cast great but there was a real sense of visual fidelity to the source that I enjoyed.
    Never read the comic, but I enjoyed it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Never read the comic, but I enjoyed it.
    It's an awesome book, the hundred page giant collection of it from a few years back was a good collection of it if you wanted to pick it up.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

It's an awesome book, the hundred page giant collection of it from a few years back was a good collection of it if you wanted to pick it up.
    Maybe; it's an interesting premise. although the main reason I saw the movie was because Cassandra Cain (or a variant) was in the movie.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe; it's an interesting premise. although the main reason I saw the movie was because Cassandra Cain (or a variant) was in the movie.
    Yeah, she's not in the comic(her role in the movie was Tim's in the comic) but still a great homage to Lovecraft.

Finally saw this last night - on the one hand my prediction of it not even being remotely a faithful adaptation was correct, but on the other hand as a very loosely "inspired by" kind of original film, it at least was fun and enjoyable, much like Gotham by Gaslight was and completely opposite of Long Halloween's "I want that time spent watching this shit somehow refunded back to me." So not bad even if not perfect, I enjoyed it mostly.

For those who bought the blu-ray, did anyone else notice parts of the audio, namely dialog, was kinda hella low? For the first time ever I had to turn the volume up to 100 just to better make out what Bruce was saying, only to peal off in the opposite direction and lower it because that made the music too loud. Luckily I got the blu-ray/DVD release, so maybe the DVD's better, but yeah really felt the dialog was somehow muffled too quiet on my blu.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Finally saw this last night - on the one hand my prediction of it not even being remotely a faithful adaptation was correct, but on the other hand as a very loosely "inspired by" kind of original film, it at least was fun and enjoyable, much like Gotham by Gaslight was and completely opposite of Long Halloween's "I want that time spent watching this shit somehow refunded back to me." So not bad even if not perfect, I enjoyed it mostly.

For those who bought the blu-ray, did anyone else notice parts of the audio, namely dialog, was kinda hella low? For the first time ever I had to turn the volume up to 100 just to better make out what Bruce was saying, only to peal off in the opposite direction and lower it because that made the music too loud. Luckily I got the blu-ray/DVD release, so maybe the DVD's better, but yeah really felt the dialog was somehow muffled too quiet on my blu.
    ...other than adding Cassie and giving her most of Tim's role it was pretty much the most faithful adaptation I've ever seen, right down to most of the dialog literally coming straight from the comic.

...other than adding Cassie and giving her most of Tim's role it was pretty much the most faithful adaptation I've ever seen, right down to most of the dialog literally coming straight from the comic.
    Maybe I've forgotten a lot of the comic, but feels like they added a lot of stuff that wasn't in the comic. At least personally I don't remember Etrigan or Green Arrow.