Mighty Member

Default Poison Ivy/Harley

I don't understand it. Why do they need to be gay for each other? Why not just partners in crime who provide a headache for Batman? Plus wouldn't the Jokers influence on her be lessened since the who reason she turned to crime was not only was she attracted to his chaotic insanity but to him as well?

yeah, i don't get it either.It's like... does it really change the story? It doesn't change what they do, just what they say while doing it.....

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I don't mind them screwing but switching between her being an ally of Batman and being an ally of one of his major rogues all the time is getting stupid.
    "Cable was right!"

I just hate it when they try to act like Harley and Ivy are actually in a healthy relationship when Ivy tends to manipulate Harley just as much as Joker ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I don't understand it. Why do they need to be gay for each other? Why not just partners in crime who provide a headache for Batman? Plus wouldn't the Jokers influence on her be lessened since the who reason she turned to crime was not only was she attracted to his chaotic insanity but to him as well?
    Why did Harley have to be attracted to the Joker in the first place? Why couldn't they just be partners in crime?

What's to understand? It certainly makes their relationship a lot more meaningful to both of them, and Ivy being a romantic relationship speaks to Harley's previous relationship with the Joker - whichever way a writer chooses to go with it, simply being able to compare these relationships provides more fodder for drama and character development.

Not liking Harley and Ivy for simply being lesbians is homophobic

Not liking them because they are in a toxic relationship is fine

Learn the difference

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Not liking Harley and Ivy for simply being lesbians is homophobic

Not liking them because they are in a toxic relationship is fine

Learn the difference
    I'm not saying it's because they're in a relationship I'm saying it makes no sense. Joker manipulates Harley and knows how and she in turn thinks it's an attraction. Ivy is an eco-terrorist who wants to take over Gotham with her plants and their pairing just seems random. Since Harley bounces between being an ally of Batman and against him it would make more sense with her to be with Selina since she does the same thing.

I'm not saying it's because they're in a relationship I'm saying it makes no sense....
    And yet, the words you chose to use were, "I don't understand it. Why do they need to be gay for each other?" It might behoove you to think through your thoughts better before posting if you want to avoid confusion.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    And yet, the words you chose to use were, "I don't understand it. Why do they need to be gay for each other?" It might behoove you to think through your thoughts better before posting if you want to avoid confusion.
    Whatever concentrate on one part of my post and ignore the rest of what I said explaining why the relationship doesn't make sense. Because apparently, the opener to a post is the only thing that matters it seems. It might behoove you too to read the rest of a post instead of fixating on one part. Context is everything.

Whatever concentrate on one part of my post and ignore the rest of what I said explaining why the relationship doesn't make sense. Because apparently, the opener to a post is the only thing that matters it seems. It might behoove you too to read the rest of a post instead of fixating on one part. Context is everything.
    Yeah, I did read it, but your argument still stemmed from your opening. That's how context works.

I'm sorry but I think most of the complaints here stem from the fact that Harley and Ivy are not written for heterosexual men anymore or not as much as they used to be. Now their target fanbase are queer women and their allies.

So if you don't get it, it's probably because it's not for you in the first place. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I'm sorry but I think most of the complaints here stem from the fact that Harley and Ivy are not written for heterosexual men anymore or not as much as they used to be. Now their target fanbase are queer women and their allies.

So if you don't get it, it's probably because it's not for you in the first place. *shrug*
    Which... um... I can understand why some people might like that... but from a story telling standpoint it's a 90° turn straight off a cliff.

also i suspect it reduces general appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Which... um... I can understand why some people might like that... but from a story telling standpoint it's a 90° turn straight off a cliff.

also i suspect it reduces general appeal.
    What's the 90° turn you're referring to?