Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default I miss "Stormcaster"...

Yes, Storm doesn't "need" the hammer, but I've always been a fan of her using it to, as they say, whoop the 'buttocks' of some extra-powerful foe. I see it has something Storm would only use in a universal threat, the same way that Thor would use his "Belt of Strength" for the same reason. You know, give the wielder an edge. Plus, any crossover adventure into the Nine Realms, involving the X-Men and other affiliates, is always a fun romp.

I do wonder this, though. If it ever reconstitutes itself again, and if someone else attempts to wield it, could that person utilize "The Power of Storm"? Hmmm...

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I miss the Hammer as well.

I always thought it was a VERY interesting Concept made for her.

The Arrako would work as great one off antagonists for the other heroes.

I don't care for her having the hammer but more interactions with the mythical gods could be nice.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

We just had Stormcaster in Gold.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Yes, Storm doesn't "need" the hammer, but I've always been a fan of her using it to, as they say, whoop the 'buttocks' of some extra-powerful foe. I see it has something Storm would only use in a universal threat, the same way that Thor would use his "Belt of Strength" for the same reason. You know, give the wielder an edge. Plus, any crossover adventure into the Nine Realms, involving the X-Men and other affiliates, is always a fun romp.

I do wonder this, though. If it ever reconstitutes itself again, and if someone else attempts to wield it, could that person utilize "The Power of Storm"? Hmmm...
    The hammer is missed BY ME for basically filling in the blanks of stuff she could do on her own but writers haven't crossed that bridge yet. Main benefit of it being the enhanced durability (don't really care about the strength since even with the hammer I'll never see Storm as a brute type).

However, I think it would be a really cool event only type boost if Storm were to use the hammer as a battery. Even as an Omega, Storm needs raw material to work with. Normally this is never a problem for her as even Hickman showed us she could transform nanites into wind to create violent tornadoes. Generally you'd think her own divinity would fill in this gap but alas...

But I would love to see her tap into the mystical energy of Stormcaster and just use the material the hammer produces without her having to worry about disrupting whatever natural weather patterns/forces are already in play.

For the bolded, that is an interesting question but I'd much rather her have her own form of "object" that if wielded would allow the person to utilize the "Power of Storm". Hell who knows, knowing Storm it would probably be a Divinely blessed knife lol!

With this knife you are blessed and tasked with keeping the natural balance. Feel free to stab a h03 in the eye or summon a cosmic storm.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    We just had Stormcaster in Gold.
    We don't talk about Gold. Sis had one good moment and it didn't even include the hammer.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member

Honestly I'm just tired of the Norse and Greek gods being treated like they're the only pantheons in existence. For me the most interesting aspect of the Morrigan X-Factor story was Irish gods are at least relatively unused compared to those other two.

(And yeah I know Marvel uses other pantheons here and there, like the Slavic gods in Winter Guard stories but like....five people read the Winter Guard stories on average, so....y'get what I'm saying.)

Course this also doesn't mean I'm in favor of Marvel treating living religions and their gods (like Hinduism) like mythologies comparable to Greek or Norse mythology instead, as those aren't interchangeable, I'm just saying. There's a Doritos variety pack of mythologies out there to choose from. Pick something new every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Honestly I'm just tired of the Norse and Greek gods being treated like they're the only pantheons in existence. For me the most interesting aspect of the Morrigan X-Factor story was Irish gods are at least relatively unused compared to those other two.

(And yeah I know Marvel uses other pantheons here and there, like the Slavic gods in Winter Guard stories but like....five people read the Winter Guard stories on average, so....y'get what I'm saying.)

Course this also doesn't mean I'm in favor of Marvel treating living religions and their gods (like Hinduism) like mythologies comparable to Greek or Norse mythology instead, as those aren't interchangeable, I'm just saying. There's a Doritos variety pack of mythologies out there to choose from. Pick something new every now and then.
    You know, I've been dying for some Dagda. Ever since Shin Megami Tensei Apocalypse, I've been feeling his vibe
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    You know, I've been dying for some Dagda. Ever since Shin Megami Tensei Apocalypse, I've been feeling his vibe
    I mean, I'm Irish and I've been trying to tell people, the Morrigan's not the only god worth acknowledging in Irish mythology. We had some real weirdos back in the day. Goibniu and Dian Cecht and Oengus, now those were some freaks worth writing about.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I mean, I'm Irish and I've been trying to tell people, the Morrigan's not the only god worth acknowledging in Irish mythology. We had some real weirdos back in the day. Goibniu and Dian Cecht and Oengus, now those were some freaks worth writing about.
    The extend of my Irish mythology is from reading the "Iron Druid" series Kevin Hearne. Even then, I'd love for them to branch out.

Also, you've got the alien gods from other species.

There's just a lot of potential that's being squandered.

Speaking of which, they name characters after gods but don't actually do anything with said God. Case in point - Ọya. A Yorùbá deity and also the Mutant.

I say give it to a resurrected Mulholland Black.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Ororo doesn't really need it, but I agree her Asgardian get-up along with the hammer look cook on her. It's something I might like to see whenever she's involved in Asgard affairs, which is of course very rarely.

They should give Storm a frisbee shield with a lightning bolt logo on it next.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Is that the hammer she used during Gold, cause that entire experience left a stain on my memories.