Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I did not say permanently.
    You said 'the end of Beast' but, sorry, I keep seeing calls from around the internet for him to be permanently killed off. Marvel once had a 'dead is dead' policy under Quesada, it just made me think they just might. I'm not opposed to a character being retired, but for that to happen to Beast on such a black note would be awful.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Honestly, as much as I like his interactions with Cecilia, if they do back him up from an earlier point, I would have it be from before he handed Threnody over to Sinister. Otherwise that's still gonna hang over his head with a lot of readers in a big way, so might as well go from before that and have it be told to the younger Beast as a cautionary tale about what he'd end up capable of. Personally I've always looked at that point as the source of when later writers like Morrison and the post-Decimation ones were like yeah, being a callous dick is within this guy's wheelhouse. (...)
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    You said 'the end of Beast' but, sorry, I keep seeing calls from around the internet for him to be permanently killed off. Marvel once had a 'dead is dead' policy under Quesada, it just made me think they just might. I'm not opposed to a character being retired, but for that to happen to Beast on such a black note would be awful.
    I don't want him gone, i just want him to be a hero again and not be another of Marvel's punching bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I don't want him gone, i just want him to be a hero again and not be another of Marvel's punching bags.
    Of course, me too! They've been shitting on him for 10 years(or more) at this point.

I don't think Percy or Cebulski realize how much this stint in X-Force damages Beast's character, regardless of them getting another version from the past. If I had my way, I would just put the whole run into discontinuity.
    Last edited by Mungho; 12-09-2022 at 10:16 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Do you think Hank is possessed by John Sublime?
    At this point it is better to reveal that he is working for Isolationist/Josef Huber rather than rehashing old storylines.

I wish the original X-Force would reunite or make the original Hellions a new X-Force.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I wish the original X-Force would reunite or make the original Hellions a new X-Force.
    Same. This book is just terrible.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Picked this one out of morbid curiosity. Horrible plotting, characterization and premise, I honestly don't know where to begin. Haven't been able to stand Beast in well over ten years and yet I'd be the first to admit Percy's characterization/narrative is laughably bad/unfair to the character. Also, any book that tries to make the likes of Omega Red look good for *any* reason should just DIAF on general principle.

That being said, I'm totally picking up next issue to see if Beast will try blaming his friends/forgivers/enablers for his misdeeds, lol.

I'm almost finding myself enjoying the last 4 issues of X-Force. Yes I admit it. Probably because it hasn't been good at all previously. Basically really bad.

Now I just want to see how everything goes down with Beast. Here and in the pages of Wolverine.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    I'm almost finding myself enjoying the last 4 issues of X-Force. Yes I admit it. Probably because it hasn't been good at all previously. Basically really bad.

Now I just want to see how everything goes down with Beast. Here and in the pages of Wolverine.
    Same here. I think X-Force has been pretty boring for a good while until recently but has reverted to be something at least entertaining to me now.

Well, I’m looking forward to seeing how this character arc for Beast ends up, so that’s keeping me interested enough to stick with it at this stage. But still hoping for an overhaul of this series soon. Because the quality just ain’t there.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Same here. I think X-Force has been pretty boring for a good while until recently but has reverted to be something at least entertaining to me now.
    It's been agonizingly slow for so long. I think I would enjoy the quicker pace if it wasn't happening to a character I love.
    Really, though, this whole comic has been an idiot plot. The only way the plot works is if everyone is an idiot. In order for Hank's actions to go on so long, it requires everyone else to ignore, enable, or simply not care until the plot says it's ready for him to be exposed.
    I don't think I've ever seen a character be so thoroughly destroyed before. Maybe Bishop, but I can't remember his character assassination that well, I just know it was bad.

Yeah, Bishop’s was bad. But it kind of got washed away as a Demon Bear possession or something, plus the people he killed were all in alt futures that basically got wiped out by Cable’s return to the present with Hope and/or Secret Wars anyway. So he’s been exonerated.