Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Love the conversation about Frenzy, she has come a long way since she was kidnaping Rusty for Apocalypse.

Just read it a loved every minute of Vulcan's dominance. Storm vs The True Vulcan will be legendary!

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Felt like this was the worst issue of this series overall (which like, this is a great series, this would be a top-tier issue of a lot of other series). Compared to the other issues I didn't feel like a ton happened. Roberto's plan reveal was a little underwhelming, I thought it would be a little more exciting than "image inducer" (but the data page was great). We didn't get enough movement in the other plot lines really, definitely the most "filler"y feeling of this series.
    Yeah the roberto thing was the weakest part for me. I did love the vulcan stuff and how his past rule and relationships has affected galactic politics and perceptions. This was a solid vulcan solo issue ngl. I was gagged by roberto at first bit after rereading yeah it was kinda meh for me, especially his data page was giving lazy thinker. But I love his swag and his overconfidence and that is classic rob.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

A breathtaking fast-paced read (the wait for issue 10 will be interminable).
    That Beto reveal was Chef's kisses awesomeness!!!
    Can't wait to see how Cable and Co. deal with Orbitch. (Not my Eden, you tennis ball)
    And Storm showing up on that final page...(time to end that PoS once and for all, my Goddess-Queen)

10/10 and a galaxy of stars.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    A breathtaking fast-paced read (the wait for issue 10 will be interminable).
    That Beto reveal was Chef's kisses awesomeness!!!
    Can't wait to see how Cable and Co. deal with Orbitch. (Not my Eden, you tennis ball)
    And Storm showing up on that final page...(time to end that PoS once and for all, my Goddess-Queen)

10/10 and a galaxy of stars.
    My only gripe was the issue was too short lol.

I truly loved Nova trying to arrest Vulcan.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I really wish this issue was longer, because it would've help flesh out Beto's plan and reveal better. But regardless, it was a enjoyable read.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    My only gripe was the issue was too short lol.
    It certainly felt that way, yes. But it was so beauty-full to behold.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Felt like this was the worst issue of this series overall (which like, this is a great series, this would be a top-tier issue of a lot of other series). Compared to the other issues I didn't feel like a ton happened. Roberto's plan reveal was a little underwhelming, I thought it would be a little more exciting than "image inducer" (but the data page was great). We didn't get enough movement in the other plot lines really, definitely the most "filler"y feeling of this series.
    But his plan was more exciting than just “image inducer.” He knew where Vulcan would go somehow, and got ahead of him, saving Xandra in the process… and then sent him flying in a rage straight to the Autumn Palace, where Storm was waiting for him. So his ultimate plan is to have Ororo kick Gabriel’s ass… again.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Amazing Member

Did Frenzy die?

The question is how did Roberto know of Brand’s plan and that Vulcan would be unleashed to go after Xandra at that moment in time? Did Cable or Wiz Kid feed that intel to him after their discovery of Brand’s treachery? That’s the most likely explanation IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    But his plan was more exciting than just “image inducer.” He knew where Vulcan would go somehow, and got ahead of him, saving Xandra in the process… and then sent him flying in a rage straight to the Autumn Palace, where Storm was waiting for him. So his ultimate plan is to have Ororo kick Gabriel’s ass… again.
    Exactly he was 2 steps ahead the whole time. Loved how the dialogue between him and Vulcan was a callback to the very first issue when they fought just flipped around. Even down to him being in human clothes that Vulcan tried to shame him for.
    Last edited by OWL45; 12-07-2022 at 11:46 AM.

Incredible Member

Kind of plays into him being one of the Night Seats and what they said about his skill and ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah I realized even abigail was kinda scared of him going to the palace telling him to come back so they figure something out. Again I am really hoping he doesnt die. It's weird but this strange man has warmed his way to my heart. I actually want him to learn and grow from this childish personality. And the only way to do that is to confront Xavier with his trauma.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Ewing does a masterful job giving a large amount of his characters (which is a lot) moments to shine and I appreciate that. good issue. now Ororo - the goddess who preserves the balance of all natural things - its time to show Vulcan why you are Mother!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!