Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Did anyone else read the Xaiver blurb in the beginning about psychic surgeries?

It's very Xaiver lol.

Paraphrasing but

"I do not condone psychic surgeries under any circumstances" except in the fine print and asterisks ofc

"However, I have become quite adept in the field..."

lol

But yes, really nice issue. Lots of one-liners that were hilarious, including Cyclops saying it's usually Emma who helps bring him to speed when he resurrects and Havok just saying nope he doesn't want to read into that.

Sunspots reveal was really nice, glad he's getting his moment soon as well as it being nice seeing Wiz Kid and Frenzy once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    But his plan was more exciting than just “image inducer.” He knew where Vulcan would go somehow, and got ahead of him, saving Xandra in the process… and then sent him flying in a rage straight to the Autumn Palace, where Storm was waiting for him. So his ultimate plan is to have Ororo kick Gabriel’s ass… again.
    My favorite part is that Brand wasn't even worthy of one of his major plans so he just picked one of his stashed ideas cause hot tub time was more important.

Great issue as always. This and Immortal keep me pretty satisfied when it comes to my X-Men fix, although the last couple issues of Adjectiveless were good as well. Berto is quickly becoming a mayor player in the x-line and has surpassed Cannonball in my mind as the next great NM to fulfill the promise of going on to become X-Men with Magik. My only issue with Red is that it comes out the same day as X-Force, and the difference in quality and enjoyment is abysmal. I know that at this point I sound like a broken record, but I really want Cable's team to be the next version of X-Force written by Ewin. Domino and Sage are salvageable, the rest of that team can be retired for all I care.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 12-07-2022 at 02:00 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I can't believe that Ewing is answering all of the Hickman answers!

Friggin' amazing!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I can't believe that Ewing is answering all of the Hickman answers!

Friggin' amazing!
    what do you mean??
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Great issue as always. This and Immortal keep me pretty satisfied when it comes to my X-Men fix, although the last couple issues of Adjectiveless were good as well. Berto is quickly becoming a mayor player in the x-line and has surpassed Cannonball in my mind as the next great NM to fulfill the promise of going on to become X-Men with Magik. My only issue with Red is that it comes out the same day as X-Force, and the difference in quality and enjoyment is abysmal. I know that at this point I sound like a broken record, bit I really want Cable's team o be the next version of X-Force written by Ewin. Domino and Sage are salvageable, the rest if that team can be retired for all I care.
    Same, my friend. Same. I’ll be a broken record with you on this.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what do you mean??
    the 3 dorks from the cancerverse saving Vulcan, Hickman left before answering any of that as well as Da Costa sitting on the throne

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same, my friend. Same. I’ll be a broken record with you on this.
    It is amazing how in a few panels Ewin makes them more effective as a unit and more endearing as characters than Percy has in more than 30 issues with X-Force. Seeing Cable act strategically and Thunderbird and Zsen act immediately was a delight, the fact that NO MEMBER OF HIS TEAM is written as useless or dumb is espectacular. And also because is nice to see Cable interact with seasoned warriors instead of kids or young adults, which is different from other iterations of HIS X-FORCE. This is what an X-Force title should be in the Krakoa era.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 12-07-2022 at 03:45 PM.

Mighty Member

I hope Storm kicks his ass again, but I think with Vulcan at full power, it may be difficult. I’m expecting Ororo to use every weapon in her arsenal to put down Vulcan and I think that arsenal is Uranos for 1hr… they wouldn’t really keep making it a point that was part of their deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I hope Storm kicks his ass again, but I think with Vulcan at full power, it may be difficult. I’m expecting Ororo to use every weapon in her arsenal to put down Vulcan and I think that arsenal is Uranos for 1hr… they wouldn’t really keep making it a point that was part of their deal.
    Don’t come for me y’all but I’m kind of hoping at least one or two of the Great Ring come through to help her finish him off/ take him down. NOT because I don’t think that Ororo is that gurl, but because it would bring the arc of the Arakki full circle by having them not only collaborating and fighting together despite their pride but also showing them embracing Ororo as one of their own. Idk could be really beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Don’t come for me y’all but I’m kind of hoping at least one or two of the Great Ring come through to help her finish him off/ take him down. NOT because I don’t think that Ororo is that gurl, but because it would bring the arc of the Arakki full circle by having them not only collaborating and fighting together despite their pride but also showing them embracing Ororo as one of their own. Idk could be really beautiful.
    As Fisherking said -

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    It is amazing how in a few panels Ewin makes them more effective as a unit and more endearing as characters than Percy has in more than 30 issues with X-Force. Seeing Cable act strategically and Thunderbird and Zsen act immediately was a delight, the fact that NO MEMBER OF HIS TEAM is written as useless or dumb is espectacular. And also because is nice to see Cable interact with seasoned warriors instead of kids or young adults, whih is different from other iterations of HIS X-FORCE. This is what an X-Force title should be in the Krakoa era.
    Agreed. This was exactly the concept of Logan’s Uncanny X-Force in Remender’s run. Seasoned vets/hardened killers only. All were either Weapon Plus experiments and/or had direct ties to Apocalypse and his manipulations… except of course En Sabah Nur’s biggest enemy, the guy who ultimately stopped his ascension and that of the High Lords and prevented the future timeline he was raised in from coming to pass, was conspicuously absent from that run… because he was [presumed] dead at the time.

But I digress… the point is, I’d love to see X-Force continue as a team of seasoned vets acting as the mutant CIA, but actually be competent for a change. Cable, Thunderbird, Khora, Manifold, Weaponless Zen, Domino, Sage… perfect.

Oh shiiit… that could be it. Damn. That’s got to be it! I’m sure we’ll see the Fisher King and remaining members of the Great Ring, and some Arakki join the fray… but… ultimately what finishes Vulcan off? It’s got to be Ororo playing her “Uranos for 1 hour” card.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 12-07-2022 at 03:37 PM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    the 3 dorks from the cancerverse saving Vulcan, Hickman left before answering any of that as well as Da Costa sitting on the throne
    oh thats a great observation thanks!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I agree, it would be a beautiful full circle moment for them to come to her aid.

As for Uranos, I thought maybe Storm would decide to unleash him because the planet is being destroyed in the battle. I think she'll have a moment where she has to decide to either keep fighting Vulcan to the death or do what she can to protect the people, thus tagging Uranos in.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

What is it about Gabriel’s brain that makes Xavier want to test new psychic techniques on it? Every other issue of this series, he messes with it and gets burnt. The only sane character of that bunch is Alex! Cyclops keeps giving the permission carte blanche!