Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I like Slipsteam and Lifeguard.

I thought he had a cool visual for his teleportation power and I thought she looked awesome as gold colossus with wings who can adapt.

Plus they’re Aussie. I love them.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    The molecules of her brain are dispersed. It is why she was once able to stand up to Jean at full power in Wolverine 125.
    Yes, hard canon. Also, book ends on a fulsome note as Wolverine and Viper go have conjugal relationing

This was fun. Best Larroca art has looked in quite some time. The colorist does a great job as well. I like Storm calling Kate, Cat, instead of kitty it showed a growth in their relationship.

Claremont kitty continues to be likable up until she's slightly annoying. lol

xtreme1.jpg
    xtreme2.jpg
    my fave pages.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I enjoyed this, much like i enjoyed CC use of Gambit in his solo book, i hope it stays this way during the run. The art is hit or miss at times for me though.

Fantastic Member

I knew this was a Chris Claremont book as soon as expo page listed Storm as " 'Ro ". Claremont is the only writer who would ever call Storm 'Ro. If you guys like this stuff, you're welcome to it. But for me it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Neal is good. Not sure why people like Lifeguard *contorts* and Slipstream *vomits*.
    I think it has to do with this phenomenon called subjectivity that results in people having different tastes than you and sometimes liking things you think are cringe!

Pretty much. I liked both Heather and Davis. I also was intrigued by his reaction to his sister at the time i remember. He had accepted mutants and had a huge crush on storm and had no problem with the rest of the team but seeing his sister who he was always with turn into something he didn't recognize almost or maybe did break him and i found that so intriguing and felt he had so much growth as a character to do and for me it was an interesting topic. this was someone who accepted mutants for the most part but to see his sister change and making it that personal was a much more organic way of exploring the diversity in mutant appearances than say a winged beetled or angle bettle spitting acid and laying eggs.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Pretty much. I liked both Heather and Davis. I also was intrigued by his reaction to his sister at the time i remember. He had accepted mutants and had a huge crush on storm and had no problem with the rest of the team but seeing his sister who he was always with turn into something he didn't recognize almost or maybe did break him and i found that so intriguing and felt he had so much growth as a character to do and for me it was an interesting topic. this was someone who accepted mutants for the most part but to see his sister change and making it that personal was a much more organic way of exploring the diversity in mutant appearances than say a winged beetled or angle bettle spitting acid and laying eggs.
    Its been awhile but from what I remember, I thought he'd seen her turn gold before and grow wings before and had no reaction....the time he freaked out was when instead of her usual metallic form and wings she had a distinctly avian appearance with Shi'ar face markings, which is when they discovered she had Shi'ar royal ancestry....which presumably meant her brother of course did as well.

So my read on things was that it wasn't mutants or her or himself being a mutant that he had a problem with - he loved his powers, identified with all of the X-Men, etc. It was the 'discovering that everything they'd thought they'd known about themselves and their family was possibly a lie and all of a sudden Sage was matter of factly talking about how oh this must mean they were descended from alien bird royalty from another planet, obviously' that had him going okay wtf, can not compute, Error 404 gonna run away and hope my brain reboots.

And of course, that was the last time we ever saw him in 'present day continuity' until he showed up in the background on Krakoa, so he never exactly got a chance to grow from that distinctly unfavorable impression he left off with. But I've always felt that in his defense, like, there are degrees of relativity. Even if I was a mutant I might still have some kind of freakout if out of the blue it was like oh yeah and also you and your sister are part bird alien, nbd.

Davis: No! Big deal, actually! That's the sort of thing you're allowed to have an existential crisis about!

It was interesting because he was fine with mutants that passed but not ones that were overtly visible.

It really read like a gay man being okay with "masculine gays" but not the "feminine gays".

I think it would have been interesting to explore but everyone hated on them pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Its been awhile but from what I remember, I thought he'd seen her turn gold before and grow wings before and had no reaction....the time he freaked out was when instead of her usual metallic form and wings she had a distinctly avian appearance with Shi'ar face markings, which is when they discovered she had Shi'ar royal ancestry....which presumably meant her brother of course did as well.

So my read on things was that it wasn't mutants or her or himself being a mutant that he had a problem with - he loved his powers, identified with all of the X-Men, etc. It was the 'discovering that everything they'd thought they'd known about themselves and their family was possibly a lie and all of a sudden Sage was matter of factly talking about how oh this must mean they were descended from alien bird royalty from another planet, obviously' that had him going okay wtf, can not compute, Error 404 gonna run away and hope my brain reboots.

And of course, that was the last time we ever saw him in 'present day continuity' until he showed up in the background on Krakoa, so he never exactly got a chance to grow from that distinctly unfavorable impression he left off with. But I've always felt that in his defense, like, there are degrees of relativity. Even if I was a mutant I might still have some kind of freakout if out of the blue it was like oh yeah and also you and your sister are part bird alien, nbd.

Davis: No! Big deal, actually! That's the sort of thing you're allowed to have an existential crisis about!
    I can definitely see this view and agree he didn't really get a chance. He did have a lot of potential and still does imo. Also you are right that he had no problem with heather's many mutant adaptions but it was the permanent shiar changes time frame rather that he really started to freak out which makes it even more interesting especially in this era and with them being Shiar royalty. He's like the anti brand. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Dude what the hell happened to sal larrocas art man? He was so good 20 years ago and has completely changed his style for the worse.

agreed that panel where kitty kicks Ogun is terrible

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

to be honest she was consistently morphic into various beastly alien forms that barely looked like his sister. I think it makes sense for him to be okay with mutants but have limits to physically odd ones like a blink or a nightcrawler.

Personally I liked the complexity of lifeguard becoming so much more of a dangerous predator but with a heart of gold. Much could havebeen done with her. But she was just abandoned.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This was fun. Best Larroca art has looked in quite some time. The colorist does a great job as well. I like Storm calling Kate, Cat, instead of kitty it showed a growth in their relationship.

Claremont kitty continues to be likable up until she's slightly annoying. lol

xtreme1.jpg
    xtreme2.jpg
    my fave pages.
    Rachel's big feet, canon

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    Rachel's big feet, canon
    Right?!

I saw that and thought "that doesn't look right"! Like, it doesn't look anatomically correct, nor does it look anything like her legs have looked for, like, the past 20 years, lol.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

An ok issue. I would love to have more things to say but it really didn't make much of an impression on me. I will pick up the next issue but after that I am no longer sure.