Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Invincible Member

I vote icctrombone for a great Catwoman story

Astonishing Member

Catlady in training

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Time to tally the votes!

1 vote each: Bryan, foxley, icctrombone, Iron Maiden, Kai "the spy", Lord Mikel, Riv86672, SquirrelMan, Stony, WestPhillyPunisher
    2 votes each: Catlady in Training, seismic-2, Shalla Bal
    3 votes each: Captain Europe, K7P5V

and our winner with FOUR votes----nx01a!

As always, if anyone wants to double check my tally, feel free!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-14-2022 at 02:18 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Congrats to nx01a. And thanks to Riv86672 for the vote.

^^^You're welcome!

Ty, WestPhillyPunisher for the vote, and congratulations nx01a!

Great Job Nx01a
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Congratulations, nx01a!
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Congrats to nx01a. And thanks to all for participating. You posted a lot of great covers, 16 covers got at least one vote!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Congratulations to nx01a for a Marvelous graphic novel. I find Brent Anderson to be possibly the finest artist to gauge how good a book is by the artist. What he draws rocks.

And now, what has the captain learned in the peak of the week... Generally, it easy to separate the cover from the actual book for judging. Meh issues can have great covers yet I can avoid the "that issue sucked" coloration of my view. However here, we have a different case as the graphic novel is a singular piece of work instead of six issues reprinted with the best of the individual issues covers used as the TPB cover. I suspect that the audience for a graphic novel may be more interested in who creates it and what the story is instead of a pretty cover.

We leave you with a video and although this entry got no votes, the captain asks how many Tonies did your entry win?

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Congratulations to nx01a for a Marvelous graphic novel. I find Brent Anderson to be possibly the finest artist to gauge how good a book is by the artist. What he draws rocks.

And now, what has the captain learned in the peak of the week... Generally, it easy to separate the cover from the actual book for judging. Meh issues can have great covers yet I can avoid the "that issue sucked" coloration of my view. However here, we have a different case as the graphic novel is a singular piece of work instead of six issues reprinted with the best of the individual issues covers used as the TPB cover. I suspect that the audience for a graphic novel may be more interested in who creates it and what the story is instead of a pretty cover.

We leave you with a video and although this entry got no votes, the captain asks how many Tonies did your entry win?

I would have voted for the graphic novel, the cover was a little simplistic.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Thanks for the votes! I'm currently laid up in bed post-surgery and didn't get to vote. Prognosis good.
    My vote would have gone to Nschornhorst. I'll have a new contest up in a few hours!
    Thanks again!
    Last edited by nx01a; 12-14-2022 at 09:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congratulations nx01 and I hope you are up and around soon!

And thanks to K7P5V for your vote!

Get well soon, nx01a!

Congrats nx01a...and here's to a speedy recovery!

And thank you for the votes CaptainEurope and Scott Taylor. Can you believe Blevins painted that awesome Inhumans GN cover? A beautiful cover, but also so chilling.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    Congrats nx01a...and here's to a speedy recovery!

And thank you for the votes CaptainEurope and Scott Taylor. Can you believe Blevins painted that awesome Inhumans GN cover? A beautiful cover, but also so chilling.
    Blevins is an underrated and unique artist.