Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I forget, since the series was so bad, but did she appear in X-Corp? I feel like she at least was on a phone call with Jamie.

Layla was only mildly interesting when she knew things. Her actual mutant powers aren't very interesting. No one is really clamoring for Elixir to have more stories.

That said, being 'ignored' is not the worst thing in the world. Madelyne is currently not being ignored for another rehash of Inferno. Turning Moira into a mustache turning villain is another example of the perils of not being ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    But to answer the OP question: Layla Miller's story arc was finished by Peter David, the only writer to really utilize and develop her. Sometimes there's an ending in serial storytelling. Layla reached hers.
    This is a good point and pretty accurate. Her story is over.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    But to answer the OP question: Layla Miller's story arc was finished by Peter David, the only writer to really utilize and develop her. Sometimes there's an ending in serial storytelling. Layla reached hers.
    Pretty much. Although I'd prefer if she, like Northstar's husband Kyle, got namedropped or a background shot from time to time, and didn't just fall off the face of the Earth, never to be mentioned again.

But her resurrection power is pretty counter to the themes of Krakoa, since she A) replaces the 5 entirely, and B) brings up the question of souls (which are not and never have been the same thing as memories. Folks without souls have memories just fine in the Marvel Universe.). I thought she was much more interesting when she just 'knew stuff,' and had a more Destiny-like role (and Destiny was much less 'Omega precognitive, we don't need you other scrubs' than she is today).

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I forget, since the series was so bad, but did she appear in X-Corp? I feel like she at least was on a phone call with Jamie.

Layla was only mildly interesting when she knew things. Her actual mutant powers aren't very interesting. No one is really clamoring for Elixir to have more stories.

That said, being 'ignored' is not the worst thing in the world. Madelyne is currently not being ignored for another rehash of Inferno. Turning Moira into a mustache turning villain is another example of the perils of not being ignored.
    Layla was in X-Corp. She was mad at Jamie for putting work before family, and missing important milestone in their son's life.

Also, I'm clamoring for an Elixir story. He's cool and underexplored. I still want some closure for him, Wither and Wallflower. I want Dani to see her ward, or at least casually mention how her best friend dated him while she was his teacher.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I'll go on a limb and say Editorial figured out that the whole 'Ah ha, it wasn't technically grooming!' angle to the Madrox/Layla 'ship is still creepy. Heck, arguably creepier. Cue to the out of sight, out of mind stage of their relationship.

BANNED

Im bumping this because why didn't they use Layla Miller resurrect dead Hope Summers w/o Sinister strain, then instill a soul in2 that Hope via Scarlet Witch or Trinary's sympathy nanobot. If Trinary nanobot can instill a soul in2 Cassandra Nova of all ppl, then it can work on any1.

Also, now that the Five is all scattered, Layla, Trinary's circuit is probably the easiest bet.

Also, is Kamala Khan a possible Sinister strand now? Forge says he purged it all 4 now, but he also said don't quote him on that

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    Im bumping this because why didn't they use Layla Miller resurrect dead Hope Summers w/o Sinister strain, then instill a soul in2 that Hope via Scarlet Witch or Trinary's sympathy nanobot. If Trinary nanobot can instill a soul in2 Cassandra Nova of all ppl, then it can work on any1.

Also, now that the Five is all scattered, Layla, Trinary's circuit is probably the easiest bet.

Also, is Kamala Khan a possible Sinister strand now? Forge says he purged it all 4 now, but he also said don't quote him on that
    Why wouldn't they have a secret stash of mutant dna hidden somewhere. i mean they have like 5 cerebro cradle backups even though charles pretty much always has one on his head but at no point did anyone think ot have a second source of dna somewhere. Not forge, no one went around the island like "yo, i don't like sinister having my only source of dna." but they have all those cradles.

But then ulimtately it doesn't matter because the story was clear whether it was layla or hope or whoever the outcome was inevitable because it was the outcome sinister wanted and needed and there was a whole issue dedicated to him literally resetting time over and over because the mutants kept thwarting him so it's more logical to assume everything that has happened that doesn't make sense happened because in some version of sinister resets the opposite happened and he changed it.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-09-2023 at 06:09 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yeah probably. I think she got reborn before they fixed it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Why wouldn't they have a secret stash of mutant dna hidden somewhere. i mean they have like 5 cerebro cradle backups even though charles pretty much always has one on his head but at no point did anyone think ot have a second source of dna somewhere. Not forge, no one went around the island like "yo, i don't like sinister having my only source of dna." but they have all those cradles.

But then ulimtately it doesn't matter because the story was clear whether it was layla or hope or whoever the outcome was inevitable because it was the outcome sinister wanted and needed and there was a whole issue dedicated to him literally resetting time over and over because the mutants kept thwarting him so it's more logical to assume everything that has happened that doesn't make sense happened because in some version of sinister resets the opposite happened and he changed it.
    Post SoS, Sinister was in the pit, so @ that pt, Layla Miller can rezzed Hope w/o time reset interference. Also, i'd like 2 know where Layla Miller rn, gf needs 2 b out 4 some heavy lifting, can't b playing housewife no more, 2 much dead mutants.

Post SoS, Sinister was in the pit, so @ that pt, Layla Miller can rezzed Hope w/o time reset interference. Also, i'd like 2 know where Layla Miller rn, gf needs 2 b out 4 some heavy lifting, can't b playing housewife no more, 2 much dead mutants.
    Post Sos sinister was in the pit yes, but the council members including her had already been corrupted. That is the whole point. I was talking about even earlier issues which were immortal where sinister was setting up the plots and trying to kill the council because he needed them dead to corrupt them but they kept thwarting his plans and so he reset countless times and changed many things to finally be able to kill them. Hope has not died since returning from Sins of Sinister as far as i know so it is a moot point. It was her dying BEFORE sins of sinister where the corruption occurred which is what allowed Sins of Sinister. That is why once it was over she was unable to vote because the corruption had already occurred. That is why Forge was scanning them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Trinary's bot didn't instill an actual soul into Nova - it gave her the ability to express sympathy. The wording might be confusing because having humanity/having a soul can mean "becoming an actual person," or "having the ability to care for your fellow human." The second one is what Nova gained.

As for Layla, this plan might not work either. There's something about Hope that can't be copied, even when someone is using her powers. A soulless Hope, or one affected by nanobots, might not be able to purify others.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Trinary's bot didn't instill an actual soul into Nova - it gave her the ability to express sympathy. The wording might be confusing because having humanity/having a soul can mean "becoming an actual person," or "having the ability to care for your fellow human." The second one is what Nova gained.

As for Layla, this plan might not work either. There's something about Hope that can't be copied, even when someone is using her powers. A soulless Hope, or one affected by nanobots, might not be able to purify others.
    Umm... I thought Jean Grey did that to Cassie Nova.

They did. There was a datapage that revealed Beast was building a separate DNA database so that they wouldn't need Sinister's anymore. Unfortunately, Beast went nuts and left.

BANNED

Post Sos sinister was in the pit yes, but the council members including her had already been corrupted. That is the whole point. I was talking about even earlier issues which were immortal where sinister was setting up the plots and trying to kill the council because he needed them dead to corrupt them but they kept thwarting his plans and so he reset countless times and changed many things to finally be able to kill them. Hope has not died since returning from Sins of Sinister as far as i know so it is a moot point. It was her dying BEFORE sins of sinister where the corruption occurred which is what allowed Sins of Sinister. That is why once it was over she was unable to vote because the corruption had already occurred. That is why Forge was scanning them.
    Post SOS, the living Hope is the corrupted copy, but the good copy is still there but as a corpse. Layla Miller can work her magic on the good corpse (Layla power is not 2 clone but reviving corpses w/ their original genetics) , Trinary/ Wanda make sure Hope has a soul long enough 2 resurrect a good real copy of Hope. Afterward, the corrupted living Hope and the one Layla touched on will have 2 kill themselves obvi since we don't know if those bombs r gonna b off.
    Last edited by emfrst; 08-09-2023 at 09:05 PM.

Wait. Where is diamond sinister now? Immortal says that Xavier is the only Ondaatje on Krakoa. Doug is IN Krakoa. But what about the pit people. Maybe it was covered in something I don’t read or maybe I just forgot, but what happened to that sinister?
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 08-11-2023 at 03:56 PM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver