Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Default Netflix Warrior Nun series

Using the thread title as my search criteria I scrolled 20 pages and could not find a thread. Apologies if warranted.

It has become known that S2 finally has a trailer.

Here's the Season 2 trailer for the Netflix series Warrior Nun.

For those who may not know it is loosely based off this property, Warrior Nun Arelea
    nun.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I think I watched all of the first season.... honestly not sure. They kinda lost me when the big science experiment with the kid and the midi-chlorians etc. started becoming more important than the nuns fighting demons.

Glad this is coming back! I really enjoyed the first season.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Sadly Season 2 is the end of the road for this iteration of Warrior Nun. The cliffhanger of getting Ava back will likely be a fanfiction endeavor.

Cancelled after S2 due to low viewership a month into release.
    Warrior Nun‘s second season ratings performance follows the pattern of other scripted series which have been canceled by Netflix as the streamer evaluates viewing vs. cost for their renewal decisions. Season 2 spent just three weeks in Netflix’s Weekly Top 10 for English-language series, peaking at #5. Warrior Nun has built a small yet passionate fan base, which helped it secure a second season renewal but was not enough to sustain the series in the long run.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I was planning to check this out, but not sure I'll bother now.

I think it's time people started making episodic television again, instead of these shows with long, involved storylines that get left on a cliffhanger when the show inevitably gets cancelled. That's already happened to me in the past couple months with Westworld and Paper Girls.

Astonishing Member

So I watched the first season. Good actors, Good performances, Good cinematography, and fight scenes. Interesting premise. But man the writers and editors need help. Have not watched the 2nd season yet. Netflix is really annoying with this crap. For me its not even worth watching these shows they put out until they are have actually completed the show run. Cause they will just cancel almost anything at anytime.