Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spectacular Member

Yikes

Patty Jenkins woke up one morning and decided to end her career and walked off Wonder Woman 3

The disagreements over Wonder Woman 3’s script got so heated that patty Jenkins sent a email link to her bosses that included the Wikipedia page for the concept of “character arcs”
    Last edited by Dagothoth; 12-08-2022 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    If black adam had China box office would the movie be a success or atleast not a failure ?
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It would need approximately 150 mil from china for
    a standard break even point.
    Is thst feasible?
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    If i remember correctly, Aquaman made tons of money in china

Just looked up Aquaman:

Total: 1.148B
    U.S.: 335M
    International: 813.4M
    China: 291.8M

If Black Adam does similar % numbers vs domestic gross (86.87%), it would be about $148M. So.. yeah, it was certainly possible - not accounting for whatever effect their then-current covid policy would have been at the time, of course (apologies, I haven't kept up).
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Just looked up Aquaman:

Total: 1.148B
    U.S.: 335M
    International: 813.4M
    China: 291.8M

If Black Adam does similar % numbers vs domestic gross (86.87%), it would be about $148M. So.. yeah, it was certainly possible - not accounting for whatever effect their then-current covid policy would have been at the time, of course (apologies, I haven't kept up).

So.can we all just stop ,and atleast recognize thst there is a difference with or without China? A lot in here are just so caught up in hating or protecting the snyderverse thst you can't be objective
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

So.can we all just stop ,and atleast recognize thst there is a difference with or without China? A lot in here are just so caught up in hating or protecting the snyderverse thst you can't be objective
    Oh, there's certainly a difference, no doubt - though I would argue that the original metric of "what a movie needs to be considered successful" needs to go out the window post-Covid, and especially when establishing characters. If China were in, Black Adam *could* have done a figure not too incredibly far off from "The Batman" numbers internationally (30M shy) - which isn't bad considering how much more stable publicity The Batman got, and how much more known Batman is. Also, I highly doubt any DC film will do Marvel numbers until they've rebuilt their reputation. If they want to that money, they have to earn it; and one film won't do it. They've attempted that shortcut repeatedly and it hasn't worked yet, even before Covid, so we'll see if they've learned that lesson.

I don't blame people for wanting everything Snyderverse wiped from the map; if they were bringing Snyder himself back, I'd certainly be there with them. That said, some of the casting choices are (imo) solid, and I'd love to see them given something decent to work with - Cavill, especially.
    Last edited by JAK; 12-09-2022 at 08:30 AM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Oh, there's certainly a difference, no doubt - though I would argue that the original metric of "what a movie needs to be considered successful" needs to go out the window post-Covid, and especially when establishing characters. If China were in, Black Adam *could* have done a figure not too incredibly far off from "The Batman" numbers internationally (30M shy) - which isn't bad considering how much more stable publicity The Batman got, and how much more known Batman is. Also, I highly doubt any DC film will do Marvel numbers until they've rebuilt their reputation. If they want to that money, they have to earn it; and one film won't do it. They've attempted that shortcut repeatedly and it hasn't worked yet, even before Covid, so we'll see if they've learned that lesson.

I don't blame people for wanting everything Snyderverse wiped from the map; if they were bringing Snyder himself back, I'd certainly be there with them. That said, some of the casting choices are (imo) solid, and I'd love to see them given something decent to work with - Cavill, especially.
    My whole point is thst some are trashing the BA movie when they know China isn't a part of the #s and the total will be expected to be much lower

I just want a up and running DCU at the movies ,on TV,animated and live action
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    Yikes

Patty Jenkins woke up one morning and decided to end her career and walked off Wonder Woman 3

The disagreements over Wonder Woman 3’s script got so heated that patty Jenkins sent a email link to her bosses that included the Wikipedia page for the concept of “character arcs”
    They should have responded with a link to “Script writing 101”.

My whole point is thst some are trashing the BA movie when they know China isn't a part of the #s and the total will be expected to be much lower

I just want a up and running DCU at the movies ,on TV,animated and live action
    Oh, totally! I'm just being an overly technical dork, lol
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Oh, totally! I'm just being an overly technical dork, lol

Stay being a dork,we need more of them lol

Stay being a dork,we need more of them lol
    No worries there - I doubt I could stop if I even wanted to, lol!
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com