Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It is kind of funny in a fucked up way. All the social media accounts welcomed him back and now they’re showing him the door. Sasha is likely out too, one movie as Supergirl and then she’s done sucks for her.

I had been told to shut the fuck up so many times when I said this

But the writing was on the wall when DCEU became a consistent box office loser since Aquaman

EVERY…SINGLE…DCEU…FILM…WITHOUT…EXCEPTION…HAS…UNDER PERFORMED…SINCE AQUAMAN

how else did you expect this franchise to go?

Capitalism is about profit at any costs

And the DCEU’s profits were NOT good to non-existent

I wonder if Cavill is out or not. Still, Gunn is the guy who say than nobody but hin knows what is going to happen. I will wait for the official declaration.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The behind the scenes roller coaster of the DCU continues to be far more entertaining than the movies themselves.
    Maybe not for long though. I am very optimistic for DC movieverse if they do a hard reboot.

I'd like to see Superman and Batman reboots in 2025 and go from there. One thing that would be nice if they intend to still have movie and TV work as one Universe, get a Robin TV show going and actually make him a part of the Batman films. I would love to see an actual Batman and Robin film take for the next run of movies.

Superman having much less focus on the Daily Planet and crew would be a welcome change as well. I'd like to see no more than 15-20 minutes devoted to the secondary characters. Should just be a great Superman plot with a visually dynamic and easy to produce special effects villain. Lobo?

Wonder Woman will get a movie again. I would think first half of 2026. Just avoid the past and let it kick off modern day. I was not the biggest fan of the Perez run, but not starting her in WW2 was smart. It's not like they insist on starting Superman and Batman there even though they premiered even earlier than she did.

Hopefully they cast some young unknows to round out the Justice league on the TV shows that are supposedly going to connect to the movie universe, and we can end 2026 with Justice League and the big guns will all be launched.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Maybe the last time, but posted elsewhere and relevant here...

This article is pretty confusing in that it says repeatedly that Gunn and Safran are keeping things really close to the vest and things are fluid, but Gadot, Cavill, and Mamoa are definitely out and we're likely heading for a full blown reboot that somehow still involves Pattison's Batman and Phoenix's Joker?

First off, if I were Cavill I would tell WB to f-off and sign on for a huge role with Marvel. That poor dude has done nothing but express his love and desire to continue playing Superman, and WB keeps screwing him over.

Second, I can see why WB would want to move on from Jenkins' WW, even if I don't necessarily agree with it. The 2nd movie was a mixed bag but its release was handled so poorly that it didn't even really have a chance. The first movie was also the first truly successful non-Batman film WB produced since Superman II, so you think there would be some desire to let the trilogy play out. But again, I get it, especially in trying to follow the 2nd film. And if Jenkins and Johns turned in a script that was similar to the second film, then it's probably for the best.

Third, how can they already decide Momoa is out as Aquaman when his first movie made A BILLION dollars with mostly average reviews and they haven't even released the 2nd one yet? Will that still hold true if the second Aquaman makes another billion? That makes zero sense.

Fourth, if the plan is still to continue with Joker and The Batman franchises, then it to me this is already a lost battle. I understand why they want to continue both franchises based on the money they made but continuing with them is 100% counter to a cohesive, singular direction for the DC film universe. And to be honest, didn't really think either movie was blow-away amazing.

Last but not least...I really liked Shazam. For me, it was the best DC film to come out of the Snyderverse. It feels now like once the sequel is released, that will be it. And that's a damn shame.

But honestly, a total reboot is probably for the best and something I've been advocating for a year or so. I just can't see them pulling it off especially if a) The Batman and Joker franchises continue; and b) Gunn wants to keep his Suicide Squad universe in-tact.

Here’s a different article from Deadline
    It’s an obvious sign that Gunn and Safran are wanting to start anew, and clear the Warner Bros. decks of the previous Zack Snyder-designed DC franchises. What’s next? A complete recasting of key DC superheroes? That said, the duo haven’t made it known to studio insiders what their grand design is for other DC characters. This take on Wonder Woman 3 just wasn’t suitable at this time

One source close to the situation told Deadline that Jenkins could very well hand in another take on the superhero, but it’s not evident that will happen.

There was loose talk out there that talks broke down with Henry Cavill to reprise his Superman role, despite his Instagram announcement to return before Safran and Gunn took the top job, but there’s no script or director or greenlight for that the next Man of Steel movie. There are staffers at Warners who remain in the dark as to what Gunn and Safran’s grand design is, but they’re focusing squarely on story and how the movies will interconnect with TV series.
    Man if Cavill screwed himself out of a job again that’s just idiotic on his part. Dude needs to get a new agent.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    I had been told to shut the fuck up so many times when I said this

But the writing was on the wall when DCEU became a consistent box office loser since Aquaman

EVERY…SINGLE…DCEU…FILM…WITHOUT…EXCEPTION…HAS…UNDER PERFORMED…SINCE AQUAMAN

how else did you expect this franchise to go?

Capitalism is about profit at any costs

And the DCEU’s profits were NOT good to non-existent
    To be fair one of those movies that underperformed was helmed by the guy who is now in charge of all of it.

Just saying.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Soooo....is Cavill going back to the Witcher, or nah? Are they gonna drop the lesser Hemsworth?

What a wild ride the DCEU always is lol.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    To be fair one of those movies that underperformed was helmed by the guy who is now in charge of all of it.

Just saying.
    To be fair…Henry always had an inflated view of himself in relation to Superman

He tried to strong arm a Superman movie when it was HIS character portrayal that alienated critics and audiences in the first place

Even though their captain cameo plan would have been the better play in the long term

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    To be fair…Henry always had an inflated view of himself in relation to Superman

He tried to strong arm a Superman movie when it was HIS character portrayal that alienated critics and audiences in the first place

Even though their captain cameo plan would have been the better play in the long term
    That literally had nothing to do with what I said but alright.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Soooo....is Cavill going back to the Witcher, or nah? Are they gonna drop the lesser Hemsworth?

What a wild ride the DCEU always is lol.
    Nah he was unhappy with the direction of the Witcher series for a while. The showrunners for that didn’t respect the source material and just did their own thing, whereas Cavill is a huge Witcher fan because of the games. He probably would have left anyway, although I’m sure his choice to leave was helped by thinking that Superman was waiting for him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    That literally had nothing to do with what I said but alright.
    Fuck…wrong reply to the wrong comment

Until they officially announce it ,I will believe thst we will keep the same actors,,BUT the universe will get a reboot,so the characters they play will seem different,same as pre crisis,post crisis,post Flashpoint,rebirth type change in character.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah! I don't see them purging everything..There is gunn's own franchises involved like peacemaker and suicide squad.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! I don't see them purging everything..There is gunn's own franchises involved like peacemaker and suicide squad.
    Yep,thst wpukd be hypocritical of him for sure.

I'm guessing this is just one of the many pieces that are guessing and hoping they get it right and want to be 1st.

I'm guessing Jason and gal are safe as any 2 actors could be.

And Henry got the welcome back,If Gunn wants "his" superman different,than he will change his character during the movie,not wholesale new actors imo
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...es-1235276804/

Damn I might get what I wanted after all: a new Superman that isn’t Cavill or the Coates/Abrams project.
    Yaaaaaaayyyyyyy

Please let that steaming cow pie die a quet death. Hopefully we will see a strong choice for Superman actor. My vote goes to Trey Tucker or Alan Ritchson