Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! I don't see them purging everything..There is gunn's own franchises involved like peacemaker and suicide squad.
    A lot of people saying “but peacemaker and suicide squad!!!”

Here’s the thing

He was JUST given the DC job very recently and there is a ton of reason to think that James Gunn is capable of abandoning even his own franchises…especially when suicide squad was a flop

Another thing is that if push comes to shove and he wants to preserve things…he’ll just pull a Deadpool and have the universe reshape around the suicide squad or more specifically peacemaker

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    A lot of people saying “but peacemaker and suicide squad!!!”

Here’s the thing

He was JUST given the DC job very recently and there is a ton of reason to think that James Gunn is capable of abandoning even his own franchises…especially when suicide squad was a flop

Another thing is that if push comes to shove and he wants to preserve things…he’ll just pull a Deadpool and have the universe reshape around the suicide squad or more specifically peacemaker
    That still wouldn't be clean cut away..My point.Either way i don't really care..I kinda was into black adam because the promos were from dcnation.Then movie came out it didn't have much impact.I even dragged my cousin to the movie.I am generally not into superheroes..Unless that blackhawks movie by speilberg comes out from dc.These movies aren't very exciting although i must admit i missed on black panther wakanda forever.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Third, how can they already decide Momoa is out as Aquaman when his first movie made A BILLION dollars with mostly average reviews and they haven't even released the 2nd one yet? Will that still hold true if the second Aquaman makes another billion? That makes zero sense.
    Aquaman made that billion largely on the Chinese box office, which is now gone, and more and more people are happier now to wait 60 days until they can watch a movie at home. The likelyhood of the sequel making the same money as the first is very very low. It's not like the love for that film has grown. If anything, people's opinions of it have diminished because there's not a lot to it aside from some well-excecuted spectacle.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Aquaman made that billion largely on the Chinese box office, which is now gone, and more and more people are happier now to wait 60 days until they can watch a movie at home. The likelyhood of the sequel making the same money as the first is very very low. It's not like the love for that film has grown. If anything, people's opinions of it have diminished because there's not a lot to it aside from some well-excecuted spectacle.
    Another big issue is that of course…it was driven by the novelty of the underwater setting and Aquaman’s first movie

The first movie’s box office may have been inflated beyond what a generic Aquaman movie would have made if underwater settings weren’t a novelty and Aquaman had a more prolific film career

Another big issue that is Aquaman 2 is filled with a lot of toxic elements that is going to nuke the franchise from orbit before it’s even released

With fairly mediocre early reactions

I'm good with a reboot, in general... but two things: WB keeps screwing themselves over. If they do this, they better have a damn good direction and stick to it, or else we'll be getting nothing but Batman films for the next 30 years. All this whiplash is exhausting, and one reason why their numbers are down in the first place. Honestly, 3 Batmen isn't as confusing to the general public as all this crap, lol

Also: if China is out, they need to plan accordingly. They can't do as massive a budget, and people will need some pay cuts - from the top on down. I *am* of the belief that Black Adam's sequel would perform better than this one did, but they can't just coast off The Rock and they have to go in knowing China isn't there anymore. Maybe have a % clause if China opens back up or something. It's like people forget that "Batman Begins" didn't make "The Dark Knight" money. The economy isn't great right now for a few reasons, and all of that has to be taken into consideration for how they move forward.

But yeah.. it's already a huge sh*tshow, but they risk a lot more if the shake-ups continue for too much longer. Marvel is where they are because they had a clear vision that was mostly character-focused, and DC needs to get there if they're ever going to establish anything again.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

If there was ever a scene from the DCAU that wasn't widely memed but wish it was, it's from the last episode of JLU when a puzzled Luthor asked Batman if there was a plan. The way Clancy Brown delivered the line perfectly captures the tone in my head I've had for the past eight or nine years whenever I've read WB's plan for Superman and the line of DC movies.

No China =lower expectations
    Simple as that.

Calling everything a failure,even though that same person knows there is no more China means they are just being a ass.

How is Gunn being allowed to be the boss of anything when even his shit doesnt work?

Superman,batman,and wonder woman are a trillion times more important than the suicide squad or John Cena in his underwear,sorry James
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I find the Black Adam failure really strange, as all the reports were it doing a ton of money. I guess it completely dropped off after the first weekend? At some point WB announced it was streaming really early, I wonder if that hurt it?
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Simple as that.

Calling everything a failure,even though that same person knows there is no more China means they are just being a ass.

How is Gunn being allowed to be the boss of anything when even his shit doesnt work?

Superman,batman,and wonder woman are a trillion times more important than the suicide squad or John Cena in his underwear,sorry James
    I assume its a control thing.

He obviously places higher value on the things he personally made or had a hand in.

Everything else can go die in a fire cause it ain't his vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

He obviously places higher value on the things he personally made or had a hand in.

Sounds like someone who should never be in charge of things thst are more than just his own toys to me
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member

Dang, if Gunn really doesn’t bring back Cavil back then that would make his announcement of coming back age like milk, lol.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    If there was ever a scene from the DCAU that wasn't widely memed but wish it was, it's from the last episode of JLU when a puzzled Luthor asked Batman if there was a plan. The way Clancy Brown delivered the line perfectly captures the tone in my head I've had for the past eight or nine years whenever I've read WB's plan for Superman and the line of DC movies.
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Simple as that.

Yes on China, completely agreed.

As for Gunn.. I like him, and he seems to understand the characters well. But he has to understand that they need a solid foothold as immediately as is humanly possible - no matter what it is - and they have to see it forward. Continued shake-ups will only lead people to not want to invest in seeing these in theaters until they get their act together.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I find the Black Adam failure really strange, as all the reports were it doing a ton of money. I guess it completely dropped off after the first weekend? At some point WB announced it was streaming really early, I wonder if that hurt it?
    Maybe - I am surprised it didn't do better than it did, but then it seemed to top the VOD charts for awhile, so I think it'll be fine in the end. Not great, but fine.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

It's not just that he likes non-"iconic" or at the very least more characters that can be more flexible.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The behind the scenes roller coaster of the DCU continues to be far more entertaining than the movies themselves.
    This is my viewpoint as well, lol. Plus I've hitched my wagon to Superman & Lois to fill my need for Supes screen time. Meantime, I'll keep my popcorn ready and watch the behind the scenes shit show unfold.

Regardless of how one feels about Cavill though, gotta feel for him. He either got royally screwed or had incredibly poor planning.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    It had a veeeeeery big budget and it wasn't released in China where The Rock is a big movie star.