Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

OK folks how much do you think black adam(and really any movie) lost by not going to China?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

We don't know..General rule of thumb is 2.5xthe budget for break even.
    The rock is say the movie is in profit of 55 mil or something.People are making fun of him for it.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Dang, if Gunn really doesn’t bring back Cavil back then that would make his announcement of coming back age like milk, lol.
    Given that Cavil as an actor sucks and is the worst Superman, getting rid of him is a smart decision IMHO.

Astonishing Member

This aged like milk didn’t it?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

On average how much does china's movie market add to the worldwide box office $?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

This aged like milk didn’t it?
    I wouldn't be surprised if she posted that with the knowledge already of what was happening. Too coincidental to me. I think it was a quasi-farewell to the role before the news started breaking.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From Deadline:

"Granted, the optics of Gunn and Peter Safran’s arrival at the studio, and the deep-sixing of Jenkins’ Wonder Woman 3 treatment doesn’t look good optically in the wake the diversity-led-and behind-the-scenes Batgirl getting killed, (that decision made by Warner Discovery CEO David Zaslav). However, we’re hearing that Jenkins was given the chance to take another stab at a Wonder Woman 3 treatment after receiving notes from all Warner Bros. motion picture brass (it wasn’t just Gunn and Safran’s decision). There were concerns about character arcs and payoffs, and the threequel emulating similar structural problems ala Wonder Woman 1984. She decided to take her toys and go home. The studio would like to do another Wonder Woman, however, the question is will Gal Gadot do it sans Jenkins. Warners’ intent was never to be sexist, rather, the blowing up of Wonder Woman 3 came down to creative differences. Her tweet a day before yesterday’s chaotic news makes it sound like she’s still game."
    https://deadline.com/2022/12/wonder-...dc-1235193576/
    Looks like Borys may have jumped the gun with his speculation. If they still want Gadot then I doubt they’re recasting everybody.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    OK folks how much do you think black adam(and really any movie) lost by not going to China?
    For reference, "Man of Steel" did 377m internationally, and nearly 64.5m of that alone was China.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    For reference, "Man of Steel" did 377m internationally, and nearly 64.5m of that alone was China.

If black adam had China box office would the movie be a success or atleast not a failure ?

If black adam had China box office would the movie be a success or atleast not a failure ?
    It would need approximately 150 mil from china for
    a standard break even point.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It would need approximately 150 mil from china for
    a standard break even point.

Is thst feasible?

Is thst feasible?
    If i remember correctly, Aquaman made tons of money in china

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

A clean slate is a good idea. Sorry, Henry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The behind the scenes roller coaster of the DCU continues to be far more entertaining than the movies themselves.
    It's a wild ride.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like Borys may have jumped the gun with his speculation. If they still want Gadot then I doubt they’re recasting everybody.
    And apparently Momoa is staying too and I doubt he'd be okay with just simply switching which character he played

BANNED

In the end it will end up being what we all knew for a long time, the Flash movie will delete some movies, change certain details of others and start a new universe with almost all the actors.