Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Congrats on the puppy, and great recap!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Isn't this all pointless? I mean, we just saw in the latest issue of New Mutants that Sublime still lives on so really what is teh point of this? Also how many times has Stryfe been dealt with and then returned? I lost count actually.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Isn't this all pointless? I mean, we just saw in the latest issue of New Mutants that Sublime still lives on so really what is teh point of this? Also how many times has Stryfe been dealt with and then returned? I lost count actually.
    Actually where is the review thread for that issue? Haven’t read it myself yet, did see the subreddit saying that it’s a book written by someone who hates Krakoa so I can guess the reasons it doesn’t have a thread yet.

Thanks for the review. I read the issue and was just confused with no real inclination to go back and try to figure out what was happening. Not feeling this one

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Actually where is the review thread for that issue? Haven’t read it myself yet, did see the subreddit saying that it’s a book written by someone who hates Krakoa so I can guess the reasons it doesn’t have a thread yet.
    I know, i thought it was weird, especially when this comes out on the same day and it pretty much invalidates the whole point of saving prehistoric mutants when one (or both) sentient viruses are still alive in present day to continue causing chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I know, i thought it was weird, especially when this comes out on the same day and it pretty much invalidates the whole point of saving prehistoric mutants when one (or both) sentient viruses are still alive in present day to continue causing chaos.
    I'm probably not alone in having no interest in reading the current NM but I'm curious about this Sublime stuff. Someone who read it should throw a thread together, even if it's quick bullet points.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm probably not alone in having no interest in reading the current NM but I'm curious about this Sublime stuff. Someone who read it should throw a thread together, even if it's quick bullet points.
    His appearance in New Mutants is pretty brief, he's working with the U-Men again and it is revealed that they have developed a new, more aggressive form of Kick. I stopped reading Marauders, but it just seems to be giving him and Arkea a new origin, I wouldn't expect whatever happened 2 billion years ago to be relevant to what Sublime is doing in the present. At the very most, Orlando might create a retcon as to why mutants are now immune to direct influence from Sublime and can only be influenced if they use Kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    His appearance in New Mutants is pretty brief, he's working with the U-Men again and it is revealed that they have developed a new, more aggressive form of Kick. I stopped reading Marauders, but it just seems to be giving him and Arkea a new origin, I wouldn't expect whatever happened 2 billion years ago to be relevant to what Sublime is doing in the present. At the very most, Orlando might create a retcon as to why mutants are now immune to direct influence from Sublime and can only be influenced if they use Kick.
    Thank you very much for the update. Interesting that Sublime is being used in two places at once.

Everything about this time travel nonsense gives me a headache. And I couldn't puzzle out if the Unbreathing were correct about being around first, and if that meant that these mutants were some kind of alien invaders or something.

And Stryfe is here, for some reason. Thought he reincarnated into a baby at the end of Cable.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

This book is utterly inert. Claremont had the good sense to keep this pirate fetishism to a kitty dream scene here and there, not stretched taut to an ongoing. Where are they sailing to now? How about a lovely resort for a permanent docking

I'll say it.
    Stryfe looks hawt.

Incredible Member

Finally got around to reading it last night, and I'm a little confused with one thing. Pryde appears early in the book during the big battle. But, then she seems to be missing in the back end when they get to Helix House, and the dialogue seems to imply she isn't there. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Finally got around to reading it last night, and I'm a little confused with one thing. Pryde appears early in the book during the big battle. But, then she seems to be missing in the back end when they get to Helix House, and the dialogue seems to imply she isn't there. Am I missing something?
    Oh thank goodness I thought I was alone on this!
    She got separated from the party off panel? Between the battle and the recovery? Anyone? Anyone?

Maybe we're due for a flashback next issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh thank goodness I thought I was alone on this!
    She got separated from the party off panel? Between the battle and the recovery? Anyone? Anyone?

Maybe we're due for a flashback next issue?
    My theory is that Kitty merged with Amass offscreen, which is why he was able to recognize Stryfe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Congrats on the puppy, and great recap!
    Thanks. He's honestly such a good dog. I thought he'd be timid at first, but nope. Right away, he's playful, stubborn, and already asserting dominance over the other dog
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    My theory is that Kitty merged with Amass offscreen, which is why he was able to recognize Stryfe.

Thanks. He's honestly such a good dog. I thought he'd be timid at first, but nope. Right away, he's playful, stubborn, and already asserting dominance over the other dog
    Oooohhhhh okay okay, sure. That would make sense because that ALSO baffled me: Amass recognizing Stryfe.