Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This was good but still a lot of hiccups. The art and colors were hands down just great to look at. There were several panels where i was like it looks so smooth in particular the appearance of Maddie, Mcguiness put in the work and the colorist buffered it out to nigh perfection. Peter voice was still off but his actions overall were better. Ms. Marvel just did not sound like herself to me and it was jarring how Ben could be where he was with Spiderman but then where he was with Jonah but then back where he was again. If he was using a second form it wasn't very clear and i read dark web#1 so maybe it went over my head or it wasn't fresh on my mind i don't know. But this was a fun read.

amazingspidey.jpg
    amazingspidey1.jpg
    amazingspidey2.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

ah peter using the secret technique of the Joestars to get this victory nice. Overall besides Ben doing the weird spells I liked the classic fight between Peter and Eddie.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    ah peter using the secret technique of the Joestars to get this victory nice. Overall besides Ben doing the weird spells I liked the classic fight between Peter and Eddie.
    Ben is casting spells? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Ben is casting spells? What?
    yeah he was practicing while Peter and Venom were fighting

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    I really like today's issue! spoilers:
    The manga scene is very, very funny. Naturo hive, we thriving
    end of spoilers

A nitpick--Dark Web: X-Men #1 clearly comes before ASM#15! The reading order is wrong! Heed my call, web-heads!
    yeah i just read it but i have a question the stuff with amazing friends make it seems like its the first time they team up in the comics but i know that cant be true

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah i just read it but i have a question the stuff with amazing friends make it seems like its the first time they team up in the comics but i know that cant be true
    They teamed up in the 2000s. one of the most commonly shared marriage panels are from a scene from that story where MJ makes Peter sleep on the couch

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    They teamed up in the 2000s. one of the most commonly shared marriage panels are from a scene from that story where MJ makes Peter sleep on the couch
    They also had a team up in an ice-man issue a couple of years ago with MJ and Peter out for ice cream

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Letters page do have a few things from fans about Peter and Felecia, but it's not looking like Al is all that into it and teasing it or hyping it up. More of cheeky jabs and downplaying it a bit

BANNED

Yeah, the pages are full of 'fans' gushing about Felicia/Peter, one fan liked that Peter asked out Felicia but is still sad he broke with MJ, Nick/Al chastised Zeb and everyone for taking too long to answer the questions which isn't a good look for the book even if it's taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This was good but still a lot of hiccups. The art and colors were hands down just great to look at. There were several panels where i was like it looks so smooth in particular the appearance of Maddie, Mcguiness put in the work and the colorist buffered it out to nigh perfection. Peter voice was still off but his actions overall were better. Ms. Marvel just did not sound like herself to me and it was jarring how Ben could be where he was with Spiderman but then where he was with Jonah but then back where he was again. If he was using a second form it wasn't very clear and i read dark web#1 so maybe it went over my head or it wasn't fresh on my mind i don't know. But this was a fun read.

amazingspidey.jpg
    amazingspidey1.jpg
    amazingspidey2.jpg
    Zeb's Kamala has felt off every time he's written her.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

amazingspidey.jpg
    amazingspidey1.jpg
    amazingspidey2.jpg
    I still pinch myself when I think we got four issues of McGuiness in two months. What a treat!

I liked ASM a bit more than today's DW:X-Men--the laughs landed for me, and it felt less...Doctor Seuss

Sigh, Ben doing magik now.

Eddie being a parody of his 90's self.

McGuiness art is really good but it's weird to make the comment about Eddie looking plastic when McGuinees art doesn't portray that. His characters all look a bit plastic witch is fine because it is his style and it works. Just makes that direction and use of word really weird.

Filler issue mostly setting things up.

Peter was involved in Inferno but I guess he never heard of the Goblin Queen or that Jean has a clone. Not impossible but mostly just weird.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

That final page artwork almost made Ben's villainous turn worth it.

... almost

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    I still pinch myself when I think we got four issues of McGuiness in two months. What a treat!

I liked ASM a bit more than today's DW:X-Men--the laughs landed for me, and it felt less...Doctor Seuss
    McGuinness makes the Chasm suit look better than almost anybody else except for maybe Gleason. Overall, it was an okay issue.

Fantastic Member

When I heard Ed McGuinnes would be penciling an old fashioned Venom vs. Spidey fight I was expecting much better than this. His skill is being pretty wasted by Wells