three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

Default Hellboy: Web of Wyrd

Lance Reddick as Hellboy is inspired casting. I'm hoping it's available on the PS4.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-09-2022 at 07:48 AM.

I was kind of hoping Ron would come back, but Lance is a surprising choice for Hellboy.

Is the game play done in the same animation as the trailer video? Because I am not a fan of that art.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Is the game play done in the same animation as the trailer video? Because I am not a fan of that art.
    Probably but gameplay isn't shown yet.

https://www.gameinformer.com/the-gam...tion-roguelite

It's described as "roguelite". Does anyone know what that is?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-09-2022 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Probably but gameplay isn't shown yet.

https://www.gameinformer.com/the-gam...tion-roguelite

It's described as "roguelite". Does anyone know what that is?
    Here are a couple of meanings I found on Google.

Noun. rogue-lite (plural rogue-lites) (video games) A subgenre of roguelikes that has most of the game design philosophies of roguelikes but also has at least one progression element that persists after failure.

What is roguelike vs Roguelite?
    Often, the difference in roguelite versus roguelike lies in whether a game adheres to, or breaks from, hardlines about what a rogue game is. Most often, though, roguelite games incorporate some level of permanent, out-of-run progression, making that the easiest signifier.

If anyone can tell me they understand it 100 percent after reading that I will shake my head in doubt.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

just from trailer alone i thought it was a souls-like or even an adventure game

also yeah the trailer is a little lackluster but really none of the hellboy games have been that great so its a pretty low bar

if the "roguelite" tag means a lot of unlocks beyond talents id like for some additional characters like abe and lobster

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Here are a couple of meanings I found on Google.

Noun. rogue-lite (plural rogue-lites) (video games) A subgenre of roguelikes that has most of the game design philosophies of roguelikes but also has at least one progression element that persists after failure.

What is roguelike vs Roguelite?
    Often, the difference in roguelite versus roguelike lies in whether a game adheres to, or breaks from, hardlines about what a rogue game is. Most often, though, roguelite games incorporate some level of permanent, out-of-run progression, making that the easiest signifier.

If anyone can tell me they understand it 100 percent after reading that I will shake my head in doubt.
    I get it but I don't think I've played a roguelite game. I'm more a casual gamer.

I would be down for a Telltale style take on Hellboy. The story driven adventure setup fits Hellboy to me. Similar to Blacksad under the skin.

I'm hoping the other cast members are playable.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-10-2022 at 03:58 PM.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

It was fun enough! Wasted a couple of days of boredom for me!