Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Default Does Whatever a Chasm Can (Not Much?) - Dark Web parodies

I wanted to keep the King Dread Chronicles thread, but I'm not allowed to edit that title, so...

Here's the first one posted in an old thread: new one in the next post.

Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

And then Ben meets the debit collector. However he speaks not with his tongues, but the tongues of plot.

Astonishing Member

This is great. I laughed IRL.

Thanks and keep them coming!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

"Who even wrote a season's name on the table?" almost makes this Dark Web nonsense worthwhile. Excellent work, as always.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Good s*** here, man. I liked your scenario for Janine's transformation into Hallow's Eve here a lot better than how it went down in the comic proper. I also liked this line from Ben/"Chasm" in his thoughts: "Wait, I am in a bad place. Paranoia it is, then!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Y'all gotta add that adorable chibi pic of Ben dropping in on Chasm chocking Pete

Thing was cuter than a basket of Sprigatitos

Astonishing Member

The whole thing is great, but my favorite part is the debt collector just mindlessly listing off Clone Saga arcs and villains while he taunts Ben.

Hey how it's going. Today's sponsor's words: every time a comic book event tries to hype its villain, just remember they need to waste pages on flaccid drama as opposed to interesting battles.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Hey how it's going. Today's sponsor's words: every time a comic book event tries to hype its villain, just remember they need to waste pages on flaccid drama as opposed to interesting battles.

so true Peter all of your power up keep leaving between writers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    The whole thing is great, but my favorite part is the debt collector just mindlessly listing off Clone Saga arcs and villains while he taunts Ben.
    I found a bit weird that "Lost years" would be something to piss off Ben lol.

Was still hilarious though.

Also this:

"Were I in a bad place, I'd think some higher power made this guy pick these terms on purpose just to set me off.

Wait, I am in a bad place. Paranoia it is then!"

Usually jokes like this aren't funny for me as they're just winking at the audience, but the way he's just like "Oh wait my life sucks, oh well" works with the unhinged way he's characterized here, way too well.

Sometimes characters themselves forget what they can do with no power ups too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    In Spider-Fu's case, it wasn't even "between writers", Slott himself only remembered it a total of like, three times, after Spider-Island (Alpha's story, Ends of the Earth when he fought mind controlled Jessica, in vol 4 in that story about Spidey dealing with Zodiac, and it made no difference there).

Oh well, man, now I kinda regret not coming here for a few months, it's a shame I didn't learn of this earlier, just like Illuminating Comics made Civil War II and Secret Empire worth existing, this is doing the same to Dark Web.

By the way, only now I realized that IamnotJudasTraveler's avatar has Judas Traveler's hair and beard over Kindred... Like I noticed them before, but I didn't realize who they're from until now lol.

A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶D̶r̶e̶a̶d̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶d̶v̶e̶n̶t̶u̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶e̶?̶
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 02-01-2023 at 04:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

We need more of this edits for the Finale

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    On the brightside, that does mean Peter doesn't go around popping out his retractable claws when he gets into fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Usually jokes like this aren't funny for me as they're just winking at the audience, but the way he's just like "Oh wait my life sucks, oh well" works with the unhinged way he's characterized here, way too well.
    Thanks, that's why I even added that in the first place.

A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶D̶r̶e̶a̶d̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶d̶v̶e̶n̶t̶u̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶e̶?̶
    Maybe. I did have fun doing that, but it's both how little traction these even get (comics as a whole are going through that no less - people are just apathic at this point, big two) and lack of time too. I did have one or two ideas to do but it's about finding time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    We need more of this edits for the Finale
    Your wish is my command.

Everyone tells you you shouldn't pat yourself in the back. But everyone should also tell you you should not write anything as bad as Dark Web to begin with, too, so I end up with a better reason as to why Ben's memories aren't restored when it's all said and done than the even't itself.

Even't? I don't even care, keep the typo. An event this was not, after all. WELCOME TO THE THREE FLAVORS OF HURT, mother-effers.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    On the brightside, that does mean Peter doesn't go around popping out his retractable claws when he gets into fights.
    They're technically called stingers.

Thanks, that's why I even added that in the first place.

Maybe. I did have fun doing that, but it's both how little traction these even get (comics as a whole are going through that no less - people are just apathic at this point, big two) and lack of time too. I did have one or two ideas to do but it's about finding time.

Your wish is my command.

Everyone tells you you shouldn't pat yourself in the back. But everyone should also tell you you should not write anything as bad as Dark Web to begin with, too, so I end up with a better reason as to why Ben's memories aren't restored when it's all said and done than the even't itself.

Even't? I don't even care, keep the typo. An event this was not, after all. WELCOME TO THE THREE FLAVORS OF HURT, mother-effers.

Good s*** there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.