Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Did issue #7 actually come out today? Comixology shows it as being released today, but when you try to click through it says it will be available October 17th.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I scooped up my print copy so it should be
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Also, I wondered between the Stern reference and the thanks to both Waid and Carlin... I was like, continuity consultation? And sure enough I howled at pages 6 and 7:

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Also, I wondered between the Stern reference and the thanks to both Waid and Carlin... I was like, continuity consultation? And sure enough I howled at pages 6 and 7:

A little OT but I love what people in the sixties thought the future would look like. No guardrails of any kind. Elevated walkways? People fall off all the time. No balcony guardrails. There's probably people falling out of the sky all the time. The death rate in the Jetsons is probably something in the thousands.
    Assassinate Putin!

Toss up between what the sixties thought of the nineties and the Superman 2020 of 1980

But I spend pretty unusual stretches of time thinking about Dorfman stuff, so this series just became an all timer for me.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    A little OT but I love what people in the sixties thought the future would look like. No guardrails of any kind. Elevated walkways? People fall off all the time. No balcony guardrails. There's probably people falling out of the sky all the time. The death rate in the Jetsons is probably something in the thousands.
    On contrary,you can't die unless you hit the ground..I kinda figured,in jetsons universe they destroyed the solid earth and only the atmosphere is held together by some magic doohickey.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Did issue #7 actually come out today? Comixology shows it as being released today, but when you try to click through it says it will be available October 17th.
    Still not working right for me either, it’s annoying. Guess we’re stuck waiting. I’m dying to read it, the idea that Waid and Priest of all people may have chatted about Superman intrigues the hell out of me. Couldn’t get a more polar opposite pair.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

The story was going so well up until this issue, too.

spoilers:
    We really have to go to the "Lois is the ultimate motivation" well again? KIlling Lois or giving her some serious illness as a way to motivate the character has been overdone and unless Priest has a wonderful twist to add I'm dreading another entry showing how Lois is the key to Superman. Kill her and Superman becomes evil. Endanger her and Superman is suddenly able to perform impossible feats that he'd never accomplish otherwise.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Jon Clark; 10-11-2023 at 10:23 PM.

Incredible Member

I was actually hoping to see more of Hope the GL once again .
    I've enjoyed every issue so far , but thought that this one was the weakest one .
    I really wasn't counting on Lois doing what she did , but I guess knowing Lois she resorts to extreme measures .
    Also I wouldn't mind Priest one day writing an ongoing Superman book .

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post

spoilers:
    We really have to go to the "Lois is the ultimate motivation" well again? KIlling Lois or giving her some serious illness as a way to motivate the character has been overdone and unless Priest has a wonderful twist to add I'm dreading another entry showing how Lois is the key to Superman. Kill her and Superman becomes evil. Endanger her and Superman is suddenly able to perform impossible feats that he'd never accomplish otherwise.
    end of spoilers
    I think it works because unless you look at some of the covers, it's left field. It plays on the idea that Lex has range, so one may think "oh he's a jerk" without canon to say he's a monster, and then there it is. The surprise of the tactic sort of makes up for the fact that yeah, Lois should have expected something awful... but also, we can expect it to turn out okay because it's Superman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I think this issue has to be the weakest issue so far .
    I've enjoyed what Priest has done so far , but didn't expect him to go the Lois route . That came out of left field to me.
    Superman/ Clark should have more motivation than just saving Lois all the time .
    I like that they're married , but couldn't Priest have come up with some different motivation for Clark ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I think this issue has to be the weakest issue so far .
    I've enjoyed what Priest has done so far , but didn't expect him to go the Lois route . That came out of left field to me.
    Superman/ Clark should have more motivation than just saving Lois all the time .
    I like that they're married , but couldn't Priest have come up with some different motivation for Clark ?
    That was my exact reaction. It shocked me a little that Lex took the route it did. But more it just disappointed me to see Superman reduced to a one-note motivation and Lois reduced to a plot device . It didn't help that a similar concept was the backbone of this year on Superman and Lois.

Hopefully this was a set up by Priest and we'll get the Superman/Lois motivation trope skewered

Apparently Priest has been watching the show.
    Assassinate Putin!

On one hand I totally get why people would be irritated over Lois being thrown into danger to screw with Clark. On the other hand I like it because giving people cancer seems to have become one of Lex’s go to tactics and I find that hilarious. He killed Clark via super cancer in All Star, he gave himself cancer accidentally (maybe) in Last Days of Lex Luthor, and now here he’s given it to Lois.

Makes sense that Lex would do this too because he’s a total sociopath who doesn’t see people as people, just as pawns. Did Waid maybe consult on the fake story that old Superman told our Supes? That felt very Waidian.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

A little OT but is anyone else digging Lois with glasses that seems to be the motif of this story?
    Assassinate Putin!