Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    5 minutes dead and he was already with another, that he had no feelings is even worse, it means that his desire to have fun was more important than mourning for Clark. Clark sees the good in everyone, even Lex, Lois is a toxic person.
    THAT. NEVER. HAPPENED. Lois NEVER started a relationship with anyone else while Clark was dead. All that happened was an old friend came into town and invited her out for coffee.

RCO003_1606060170.jpg

That's not a relationship. Lois never gave any indication she wanted to be in a romantic relationship with this guy. Even when he was obviously trying to get with her, she never reciprocated.

RCO047_1606060264.jpg

She never gave any indication that she was interested in starting a relationship with Jeb.

For Christ's sake, Lois never even removed her engagement ring while Clark was dead!

RCO014_1606060170.jpg
    Last edited by CosmeticSkull; 07-13-2023 at 11:31 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, this conversation is heading in an interesting direction .

I read the book last night & really enjoyed it . Was surprised that Lois told Diana that she doesn't like her to her face .
    Also the revelations about Hope seem interesting too .
    Wonder if Clark was forced to kill her or have sex with her or what happened to her.
    Maybe technically he was with Hope for many years longer than he's been with Lois .
    Have to say that Priest writes a really good Superman book !

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    I didn't watch Ant-Man 3, but I wouldn't blame Hank for not wanting to rekindle the relationship, especially if Hope gave signs that she hadn't gotten over her other boyfriend. Similarly, I think what Lois should now is draw up divorce papers.
    No Hank and Janet rekindled their relationship once they reunited.

The point is that when they thought they were never gonna see each other again, they tried dating other people. Thinking she died Hank eventually began dating again but the relationship fell through because she wasn't Janet. Meanwhile Janet began a relationship with a man in the Quantumrealm who was an ally because she eventually got lonely.

When Hank and Hope find out Janet dated a guy, Hank was completely understanding and didn't hold it against her.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 07-13-2023 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    No Hank and Janet rekindled their relationship once they reunited.

The point is that when they thought they were never gonna see each other again, they tried dating other people. Thinking she died Hank eventually began dating again but the relationship fell through because she wasn't Janet. Meanwhile Janet began a relationship with a man in the Quantumrealm who was an ally because she eventually got lonely.

When Hank and Hope find out Janet dated a guy, Hank was completely understanding and didn't hold it against her.
    Well I wouldn't hold it against Hank if he wanted to break off the relationship, especially if Hope wasn't over her other boyfriend.

Sure, it's not Clark's fault that he got lost, but Lois is still her own person. She's not obligated to stay with him and play his free nursemaid/therapist while he's moaning another woman's name in his sleep. Her feelings matter too.

Unfortunately, I feel like she's going to suppress her own heartache so she can continue coddling Clark.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This whole thread is hilarious..it feels like i walked into some shipping hashag..sheesh!
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Well I wouldn't hold it against Hank if he wanted to break off the relationship, especially if Hope wasn't over her other boyfriend.

Sure, it's not Clark's fault that he got lost, but Lois is still her own person. She's not obligated to stay with him and play his free nursemaid/therapist while he's moaning another woman's name in his sleep. Her feelings matter too.

Unfortunately, I feel like she's going to suppress her own heartache so she can continue coddling Clark.
    Why do you keep saying "Hope"? Hope is Hank and Janet's daughter. Janet is the one who got lost in the Quantumrealm for years, not Hope.

As for this book's Hope, I highly doubt Clark had a relationship with her. The shower scene or mentioning her name in his sleep is an old writing trope trying to convince us there was something intimate between them, when it most likely turns out there never was, especially after the revelation in the end.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-14-2023 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I read the book last night & really enjoyed it . Was surprised that Lois told Diana that she doesn't like her to her face .
    Wonder if Clark was forced to kill her or have sex with her or what happened to her.
    Maybe technically he was with Hope for many years longer than he's been with Lois .
    Given he keeps accidentally calling Lois by that name, he may have spent more time with her than Lois. Hard to say since obviously we don’t know what Clark’s age is.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So I finally got around to reading it. Gee, I wonder if Clark will cheat on Lois with Crazy Stalker Lady. I wonder what his history says he'll do in this situation. Hmmm...

He finds out she killed alien Jimmy. She tries to seduce him. He rejects her advances. They fight. She leaves him right back where he was at square one.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Well, we all know that sex sells, so hey kids be sure to get the next issue to find out if Superman shags the hot girl...

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    So, I read it. I think it was supposed to be a joke, cuz Lois says "it's probably the bathing suit".

I think this might be the first time since 2015 or 2016, that Clark has shown interest in any other woman besides Lois Lane, that I'm aware of. If I'm wrong, please correct me. Anyways, this brings up an interesting point. Why does Priest want this type of drama for Lois and Clark's marriage? It reminds me of his two-part Wonder Woman story in Legends of the DC Universe, where Clark was constantly ignoring Lois for Diana because he was bothered by the fact some guy wanted to have sex with her. Her being Wonder Woman.

Overall, I'm going to wait for the story to end. Superman Lost is moving too slow and I'm not that fond of Preist's writing so far. It's not a bad book, just one that probably shouldn't have been serialized for ten issues, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    So, I read it. I think it was supposed to be a joke, cuz Lois says "it's probably the bathing suit".

I think this might be the first time since 2015 or 2016, that Clark has shown interest in any other woman besides Lois Lane, that I'm aware of. If I'm wrong, please correct me. Anyways, this brings up an interesting point. Why does Priest want this type of drama for Lois and Clark's marriage? It reminds me of his two-part Wonder Woman story in Legends of the DC Universe, where Clark was constantly ignoring Lois for Diana because he was bothered by the fact some guy wanted to have sex with her. Her being Wonder Woman.

Overall, I'm going to wait for the story to end. Superman Lost is moving too slow and I'm not that fond of Preist's writing so far. It's not a bad book, just one that probably shouldn't have been serialized for ten issues, in my opinion.
    Oh, good catch! I had forgotten about that.

Priest's really a one-trick pony when it comes to a relationship between a male and a female character, huh?!
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Oh, good catch! I had forgotten about that.

Priest's really a one-trick pony when it comes to a relationship between a male and a female character, huh?!
    I've only read Superman Lost and his Wonder Woman two-parter, no idea about the rest of Christopher Priest's works.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 07-20-2023 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I've only read Superman Lost and his Wonder Woman two-parter, no idea about the read of Christopher Priest works.
    It's just a trope he likes to make use of. He did it as well in his JL, Deathstroke and Black Panther runs...

Granted, that Wonder Woman' story happened right around the time they start to use every woman that came across Superman (WW, Lana, Dana Dearden, Encantadora) to create drama within the marriage, so I always assumed it was an editorial thing. Now, with things added in context, maybe it was just in Priest's wheelhouse, too.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    It's just a trope he likes to make use of. He did it as well in his JL, Deathstroke and Black Panther runs...

Granted, that Wonder Woman' story happened right around the time they start to use every woman that came across Superman (WW, Lana, Dana Dearden, Encantadora) to create drama within the marriage, so I always assumed it was an editorial thing. Now, with things added in context, maybe it was just in Priest's wheelhouse, too.
    It may have been an editorial mandate. Let's not forget DC wanted to get rid of the marriage at one point, so maybe Clark and Lois being married didn't bring in the new readers they thought it would. So, they got the idea adding drama would lure in new readers. Also, yeah, it maybe one of Preist's tropes he goes back to every once in a while. You're more familiar with his work than I am.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

People giving Priest crap cuz he doesn't write everyone like goody two-shoes.
    "Cable was right!"