Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

My cynical thoughts on this are that everything here screams "Sad Superman feeling sad and defeated, but not enough to like actually cry or anything, we can't have that, we just want him being stoic sad".

My optimistic thoughts are that Priest and Pagulayan can definitely work wonders with that premise, so definitely getting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    My cynical thoughts on this are that everything here screams "Sad Superman feeling sad and defeated, but not enough to like actually cry or anything, we can't have that, we just want him being stoic sad".

My optimistic thoughts are that Priest and Pagulayan can definitely work wonders with that premise, so definitely getting this.
    If that’s where Priest goes it wouldn’t be the most original choice, but I wouldn’t be very up in arms over it since Supes has plenty of other books which aren’t that. Priest is not usually one to go with “obvious” choices however. There’s always a twist.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm hoping that's not the direction Priest goes in for this series, or at least that the cynicism of the premise is not the overarching theme of Superman Lost. He's shown a solid understanding and respect towards Superman in interviews despite his writing style being more suited for cynical, morally grey stories or absolute sociopaths like his Deathstroke series. I'm following Priest's Superman series over Williamson's as I prefer the former's writing over the latter's more hit and miss works IMO. Hopefully that won't be a mistake.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah ultimately I think that Priest making the effort itself guarantees a story that he been carefully thought out and that has me more interested than a reverent but less ambitious take. At a guess at least.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

https://twitter.com/superman/status/...hfC72SV1le_aQg
    First look! Comics legend @JoeQuesada illustrates a stunning reunion between Clark and Lois in this variant cover for SUPERMAN: LOST #1. On sale March 14.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Interesting to see that costume with shading this time.

Very curious how it will look in the interiors.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Lois trading in the pumps for boots.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

There's something about Priest's writing that has never grabbed me. Like, I get that what he's doing is very competent, solid work but nothing ever excites me or gets me emotionally invested.

Maybe I've just never forgiven him for the crap he pulled with the original Hobgoblin reveal. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Lois looks kind of curly here, but maybe that's just the gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Interesting to see that costume with shading this time.

Very curious how it will look in the interiors.
    Without shading I loved how it had a “negative space” visual. I do think Quesada’s take looks cool as well. Guess old Joe decided to make an exception to his “no couples” policy for Priest’s sake

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Don't see these falling on anyone's head!
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Don't see these falling on anyone's head!
    Lol, right!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    She is more careful after getting sued for negligence when one of her heels landed on an innocent bystanders head.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Wow Lois looks super hot here. Loving the glasses and the boots.

Plus that white costume is pretty cool. Reminiscent of the suit from All Star Superman before the fight with Solaris.

SUPERMAN: LOST #3

Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    Art by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ
    Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ
    Variant cover by LEE WEEKS
    1:25 variant cover by TONY HARRIS
    $4.99 US | 32 pages | 3 of 10 | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 5/9/23
    With the assistance of advanced technology from an unnamed planet, Superman begins his voyage home—only to discover that, even at fantastic rates of speed, Earth could still be several lifetimes away. However, hope arrives in the form of a familiar species allowing Superman to hitch a ride with them, but they encounter a grave threat to their existence on a mysterious planet along the way.
    Man that’s an awesome cover.