Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Superman: Lost By Christopher Priest & Carlo Pagulayan (Ten Issues, March 2023)

Superman: Lost announced, a self-contained ten issue maxi series by Christopher Priest that sees Superman lost in space for two decades and returns a changed man, finding it difficult to connect even with Lois. Joe Quesada and Lee Weeks also provide variant covers

SUPERMAN: LOST #1

Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    Art and cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ
    Variant covers by JOE QUESADA and LEE WEEKS
    1:25 B&W variant cover by JOE QUESADA
    1:50 foil variant cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ
    $4.99 US | 32 pages | 1 of 10 | Variant $5.99
    US ON SALE 3/14/23
    SUPERMAN'S ODYSSEY OF SOLITUDE! After Superman is called away on a routine Justice League mission, Lois Lane awakens to find a complete stranger standing in her living room. The Man of Steel, home much sooner than expected, reveals he has, in fact, been lost in space for 20 years. Nothing and no one seem familiar to him anymore, and the timeless bond between them has been severed...or has it? Can love conquer all? Superman's 85th anniversary celebration continues with this all new blockbuster 10-issue, self-contained series from the creators of the Eisner-nominated Deathstroke series!

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/su...o-pagulayan/#2
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 12-09-2022 at 10:32 AM.

Holy ****! Yeah I am definitely reading this, I love Priest. Funny that he gets a Superman project before Batman, given Batman has long been a favorite of his. He’s talked a bit about his take on Superman before, that he sees him as this ultimate “Tom Hanks” figure. Curious to see what that looks like, last time he wrote Superman in a solo lead capacity was an Elseworld Annual way back in the 90s. I enjoyed his handling of Superman in Deathstroke, and the premise seems intriguing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Looks interesting! May get this!
    Assassinate Putin!

That's a pretty interesting premise and one ripe for a Priest-style Superman take.

This is what Jon should have got when he got back from.his time with grandpa,ultraman,and being so much older
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's a pretty interesting premise and one ripe for a Priest-style Superman take.
    Reminds me of that old Joe Kelly story where he’s trapped fighting demons for thousands of years but stays faithful to Lois.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Artwork looks really good.
    Assassinate Putin!

I'm a fan of Priest's work so I'd check it out.

Incredible Member

- I concur with SuperX, it's weird to see this story explored with Clark when it really suits current Jon a lot more.
    - Great to see Lois being so prominent here!
    - Annoyed as always by Batman's presence in the first few pages already.
    - Overall really excited by this team.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    This is what Jon should have got when he got back from.his time with grandpa,ultraman,and being so much older
    That would've been a great way to tie into Future State. Jon comes back from that era to warn his father about some new threat.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Priest... time travel... I'm intrigued... and totally in for this!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Love the Lee Weekes variant cover!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    That would've been a great way to tie into Future State. Jon comes back from that era to warn his father about some new threat.
    Technically he did do that in PKJ’s two part The Golden Age story. Jon warned Clark that Legion records said he was going to die soon and Jon was scared that the Breach was what would kill his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    - I concur with SuperX, it's weird to see this story explored with Clark when it really suits current Jon a lot more.
    Maybe Priest wants to explore wife-husband relationship and not son-parents.

Spectacular Member

The big reason is that dc wants the aesthetic of a aged up Jon

But could do away with just about anything else

This is a really cool idea to utilize for an imaginary tale, definitely worth a look!
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-09-2022 at 12:44 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El