Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just coming at it that Lois and Diana's relationship has been written much better and more nuanced by other writers...who also happened to be Wonder Woman writers, but still.
    It's a deliberate choice. Just like it was to start the first issue with Lois wearing curlers and then show Hope hot and naked in this issue.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    I don't think the (physical) cheating happened. Not in this issue, at least.

And if we go by The Odyssey (the myth this comic is based of), Odysseus slept Calypso, but didn't love her, which was considered being "faithful" back then. This wouldn't work today, so I don't think Priest would go there, that is if his intention is to show Lois is Clark's only love just like Penelope was Odysseus'.

If I had to guess, Hope will imprison (and perhaps do something more), like the cover for the next issue shows.

But, again, that does not excuse the bad portrayals all around.
    I think him mentioning Hope likely isn't due to having had an intimate relationship with her. If he did, he probably wouldn't be namedropping her so freely in front of Lois like that, maybe he was forced to kill her in self-defense or something. Best case scenario he mentions her because he's haunted by whatever happened after he found out what her true nature was, not because he had an affair with her or misses her.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think him mentioning Hope likely isn't due to having had an intimate relationship with her. If he did, he probably wouldn't be namedropping her so freely in front of Lois like that, maybe he was forced to kill her in self-defense or something. Best case scenario he mentions her because he's haunted by whatever happened after he found out what her true nature was, not because he had an affair with her or misses her.
    Yeah, I feel like this issue was it for the "temptation," otherwise it wouldn't end with the reveal of Hope's true nature. And I think it's very likely she ultimately ends up sacrificing herself (out of genuine love) to help him return hope.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    It's a deliberate choice. Just like it was to start the first issue with Lois wearing curlers and then show Hope hot and naked in this issue.
    Hope is obviously trying to seduce Clark, while Lois is worried about Clark's mental health. Of course they are portayed differently.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Hope is obviously trying to seduce Clark, while Lois is worried about Clark's mental health. Of course they arę pirtrayed differently.
    That's a given. It's just a common choice done by writers and artists (usually men) that, quite frankly, I don't find very nuanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That said, I find it particularly amusing when fans complain about characters supposedly being too friendly with each other and not having enough conflict as if the past two decades alone don't have more than enough stories of characters being at each other's throats with varying degrees of justification. It's like people read Wayne Family Adventures and suddenly decided this was what every DC book was like.
    I don't like heroes being at each other throats either. I don't think that Lois now wants to murder Diana, or hurt her, she just doesn't like her and would prefer not to talk to her if there wasn't a serious need for that.

We’re all assuming that Clark may have consented to sleeping with Hope (which he still hasn’t done yet), but given how batshit insane she is I would not be surprised if she rapes Clark, and that’s part of why he’s so messed up.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Again I'm naive, didn't expect the Jerry Springer moments to run so hot. But can we please stay reasonable with respect to the writer?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Not only that, but they are all portrayed unsympathetically while Clark is portrayed sympathetically despite the fact that he's the one who's a cheating bastard.
    I mean he's been stranded far away from home with no potential way of getting back. Him being tempted by the company of another companion is understandable in his situation. Especially since they seem to have been working together for a couple years so there appears to be a genuine friendship here...... until Hope torches it all by going psycho.

Its like how in Ant-Man 3 Hope reveals she did date someone while stuck in the Quantumrealm for several decades cause she has needs and Hank didn't give her any grief for it because he understood the situation she was trapped in.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 07-12-2023 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't like heroes being at each other throats either. I don't think that Lois now wants to murder Diana, or hurt her, she just doesn't like her and would prefer not to talk to her if there wasn't a serious need for that.
    Which is also out of character.

tumblr_50791b82c53682a922ae67b2a2450459_335283b1_2048.jpgtumblr_077653de93bcc1eb5d822404af7f8443_19ed8b2c_2048.jpgtumblr_e4634c3d05eaa9fd7161568b90f0e6f2_5b74d3ef_400.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    WeÂ’re all assuming that Clark may have consented to sleeping with Hope (which he still hasnÂ’t done yet), but given how batshit insane she is I would not be surprised if she rapes Clark, and thatÂ’s part of why heÂ’s so messed up.
    If that is the case, and I say this as someone with a great deal of respect for him, I do not expect Priest to handle it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I mean he's been stranded far away from home with no potential way of getting back. Him being tempted by the company of another companion is understandable in his situation. Especially since they seem to have been working together for a couple years so there appears to be a genuine friendship here...... until Hope torches it all by going psycho.

Its like how in Ant-Man 3 Hope reveals she did date someone while stuck in the Quantumrealm for several decades cause she has needs and Hank didn't give her any grief for it because he understood the situation she was trapped in.
    I didn't watch Ant-Man 3, but I wouldn't blame Hank for not wanting to rekindle the relationship, especially if Hope gave signs that she hadn't gotten over her other boyfriend. Similarly, I think what Lois should now is draw up divorce papers.

BANNED

In canon Superman dies and Lois didn't wait even 5 minutes to be with someone else, when Clark came back he continued as if nothing had happened, what Clark does in this comic leaves him like a saint in comparison. Lois has never deserved Clark so it's nice that a story hints that Clark thinks about being with someone else.

Well, this conversation is heading in an interesting direction .

BANNED

5 minutes dead and he was already with another, that he had no feelings is even worse, it means that his desire to have fun was more important than mourning for Clark. Clark sees the good in everyone, even Lex, Lois is a toxic person.