Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Depends on what you think the political statement was. Priest is the guy who wrote this:

And this:

So he’s never been one to keep politics out of his writing. Doesn’t mean the politics are his politics per say. I confess I don’t know what you think the intent was. A shot at the Chinese island outposts in the SCS? I feel like if Priest did want to make a political statement regarding current geopolitics he just would, he’s never shied away from touching directly on geopolitics. Black Adam and JL had that in spades. Even in this current story there’s the plotline with Lois investigating a member of Congress.

Closest Priest has gotten to getting political with Superman’s actions thus far is Victor and his deal with the people he rules. That might explore some themes regarding intervention, if Superman does return to “Kansas” after losing his PSK.
    Yeah, we've seen Hollywood is very different when it comes to China. Sure, someone can make the argument that it's comics with a niche audience. But, we've seen with Jon Kent coming out that comics can reach mainstream attention (albeit short-lived). Imagine if Priest did write something about China, gets on Fox or CNN. Not a good look. Yeah, I don't know his intent, but it seems he had something to say. Maybe I'm thinking too much and Priest decided to lazily call everything Chinese, like Bat[insert thing here].

Looks like the book is skipping August, to give Pag time to draw the whole series I imagine. Doesn’t bother me, I’d rather wait and get the whole book done without switching art teams if that’s what it takes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Disappointed about no new issue in August, but glad they don't seem to want fill-in artists.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah it's absolutely something I would expect and there's no issue given its status in the current line
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Yeah, bummer it will miss August, but most def better not to rush it and push out an issue with a fill-in artist just because. Esp since there's no shortage of other high quality Super-related content currently.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Does that mean he was behind on schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Possible. Though it could be on Priest too. It's a two-way street when it comes to creative teams falling behind on schedule.

Lots of DC's books are skipping month or two or having a fillin artist. I feel like DC hasn't yet recovered and whole scheduling thing still has lots of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Lots of DC's books are skipping month or two or having a fillin artist. I feel like DC hasn't yet recovered and whole scheduling thing still has lots of issues.
    The Dawn of the DCU really is off to a bad start.

Isn't Arrow skipping August too? It's possible that nobody is behind schedule on Lost and it's just being put on the shelf for a minute while DC rolls out the Event tie-in issues. Only so much room in a monthly schedule after all.

Either way, I'm happy to wait. This book has been really good and a little extra time between issues just gives everyone more time to keep that quality intact. Six months from now, when I'm re-reading the series, I'm not gonna remember that it was delayed a little and if I do, I'm not gonna care.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    No, artists just can’t produce 10 issues of art with no breaks on a monthly schedule.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Superman: Lost #4 Preview
    Writer: Christopher Priest
    Artist: Carlo Pagulayan

Really upping the accent on Ma and Pa there.

Also, Lois in a bun.

Ultimate Member

The most recent issue lost me a bit.

Priest really leaned into the Krypton parallels between Superman’s birth Planet and “Kansas”.

All the murky politics are really fun to read. The Contrectatio are space pirates… who are only out to claim industrial waste. New Ark is being invaded!.. because they’re morons who refuse to either move from their ancestral lands which are being destroyed as a result of climate change or allow the Republic to build a planetary defense system/space program. The Republic sold them out to the Contrectatio!… because the Arkasians are sabotaging any effort by the rest of the Republic to try to save them and they’re fed up with the Arkasians crap. Priest isn’t being subtle here, it’s blatantly obvious who is standing in for what in the real world and I can’t help enjoying seeing Superman dealing with “real” problems but on a big cosmic scale that allows for Superman (and Priest) to get away with more than if they were set on Earth. At this point it seems Clark’s efforts to save “Kansas” are going to be the main focus of the story and the reason it took so long for him to go home. He’s made a home with them and can’t leave them to their fates just to get to his first home, even with the looming threat of their sun becoming a red giant soon and Clark losing his powers.

And then comes the cliffhanger:

Oh boy here we go! Is that cover a typical Silver Age fake out or is Priest actually going to do it? Find out next issue! I for one would not be shocked if Priest did cross that line. This book loves to get messy