Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

I'm tired of the stupid black panels with white writing...
    Priest is annoying, I never know if things are happening in the past or in the present....

I do love the little twist that Superman wasn’t necessarily LOST the entire 20 years and could have come home a few different ways, but he got caught up in situations that required his help. “Lost” could have multiple meanings by the end of this.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

It's been a joy to read to so far and the art is spectacular. Nothing wrong with simple escapism but the stories that really deal with the human condition, socioeconomics and politics, the modern systems and structures that we've created to both serve and confine us, as well as our simple nature or what makes us tick... those are the ones that stick with me. I'm happy that Superman has had no shortage of such stories in recent years and that Lost is among them.

Superman smashing asteroids to let off some anger is the kind of “Everyman+” take I love.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Bearded white suit look is pretty f'n awesome.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Reality denial will probably become a very popular topic in coming years so I'm kinda glad that Superman here is a bit ahead of the curve

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

The book is going “swimmingly” according to Priest.

Excerpt from an interview about Black Adam book:

What else are you working on at the moment?

I'm in the middle of Superman Lost. We're having a great time doing that. I think that's going swimmingly. Very different book from Black Adam. It's not dark Superman Lost, he's the same guy. And we're just having a real blast with that. And then I'm working on a bunch of projects that I can't talk about right now.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/christoph...e-differently/
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

A lot to unpack but overall a very novel and enjoyable way to approach his enhanced lifespan
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

SUPERMAN: LOST #6
    Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    Art and cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ
    Variant cover by LEE WEEKS
    1:25 variant cover by GARY FRANK
    $4.99 US | 32 pages | 6 of 10 | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 9/12/23
    Leaving for a mission in deep space with the Justice League, Superman’s apparent PTSD threatens to compromise their mission. He is haunted by the memory of time running out before the sun of his second adopted world turns red and ultimately goes supernova, all while discovering the elites of the planet have been secretly developing an escape plan that will not include the impoverished underclass.
    Cover should hopefully set some people at ease
    Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    The book is going “swimmingly” according to Priest.

Excerpt from an interview about Black Adam book:

https://www.gamesradar.com/christoph...e-differently/
    Hah I remember at one point Priest said he never bothers to check up on sales, he just keeps writing until he feels finished or editorial tells him it’s over. Hope Lost is letting sales expectations because I would like to see Priest on one of the main books one day.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Getting Maxima vibes from the GL.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Getting Maxima vibes from the GL.
    Kinda wish he had just used her here.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kinda wish he had just used her here.
    Gotta unnecessarily expand that Green Lantern cast, am I right?

Great issue as we hit the halfway point. I didn’t grokk the Republic’s policies, was not expecting them to be a libertarian paradise. Oh and it’s funny that we have a thread about if Lois can be the only LI for Clark because:

Hope is intent on moving in. Now I’m very curious to find out what went down in the gap between her arrival and Clark’s return to Earth. Is Priest actually going to do it? Hope will definitely try to get in his pants, it’s just a question of how long Clark can put off temptation. Maybe that’s why he emphasizes that he needs the glasses, to remember what’s waiting for him.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Damn girl, pretty sure Szhemi was single and down to mingle. I mean he is Jimmy.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Damn girl, pretty sure Szhemi was single and down to mingle. I mean he is Jimmy.
    Right? She just went straight for the kill, or at least brain damage.

I really hope Clark didn't go down on that route. She is clearly deranged, we can wait to see her coming after Clark on Earth.