Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I guess the story will be told in two different time periods? One in the present with future Superman and Lois readapting to their new reality, and another story in Superman's past where they will show what happened. Probably will be some good mystery in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I guess the story will be told in two different time periods? One in the present with future Superman and Lois readapting to their new reality, and another story in Superman's past where they will show what happened. Probably will be some good mystery in this story.
    That’s textbook Priest, he loves telling his stories in media res. Think he started doing it with Black Panther and he’s made it his hallmark writing style since.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s textbook Priest, he loves telling his stories in media res. Think he started doing it with Black Panther and he’s made it his hallmark writing style since.
    Yes, he does the "how do we get into this situation" kind of transition and jumps back a lot to showcase the main character's planning.

Other book that comes to mind is Strange Adventures, hopefully Clark won't be committing warcrimes or selling his own family.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 12-09-2022 at 04:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yo this is great news. Love me some Priest and hey loved Deathstroke too so its nice to see that team reuniting for another project.

The Odyssey: Superman Edition sounds way badass.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Yep, I'm all about this! Superman readers are eating good recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The Odyssey: Superman Edition sounds way badass.
    Yessir it does!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    This is what Jon should have got when he got back from.his time with grandpa,ultraman,and being so much older
    I wanted this so badly before Jon was shipped off to the Legion. It's such a missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You think he looks Kingdom Come-esque? Maybe it’s the way Weekes draws him but I don’t see any KC influence there in that variant. He’s got the traditional s-shield after all.

You don't see the similarities between this image from Kingdom Come and the Superman: Lost alt cover in Post 12? About the same age, broad shoulders, wide build, similar facial features? Obviously, they aren't going to be identical, because this (presumably) isn't set in the Kingdom Come universe, but they seem to age him up in a similar way artistically, setting aside things like different costumes.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 12-09-2022 at 10:46 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post

You don't see the similarities between this image from Kingdom Come and the Superman: Lost alt cover in Post 12? About the same age, broad shoulders, wide build, similar facial features? Obviously, they aren't going to be identical, because this (presumably) isn't set in the Kingdom Come universe, but they seem to age him up in a similar way artistically, setting aside things like different costumes.
    That's not a kingdom come look.That is superman as he was originally intended and designed..broad shoulders,wide build,square jaws,squinty eyes...etc.It's shuster's superman done in a more pulp almost "photo-realistic" fashion using painting techniques is all.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-10-2022 at 01:37 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post

Honestly for me the only difference I can see between how most people draw “old” Clark and how most draw “young” Clark is the gray temples and some lines in the face. Otherwise he looks exactly the same. Batman usually gets drawn as bulkier in his old age the way Frank Miller established but Superman already looked like a Greek statue come to life in his youth, and that doesn’t usually change.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Superman is a bit more thic than ancient greek statues.lol! Honestly it might be a thing of the yester year.But,the design just gives off an air of intensity and fire.That's just why i love the design.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'll definitely check this out. Priest makes big swings. They don't always connect but I like that he's trying something ambitious

God I feel embarrassed for forgetting that Pagulayan was the guy who drew Planet Hulk! I can’t wait to see him get let loose on Superman with Priest!

SUPERMAN: LOST #2
    Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    Art and cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ
    Variant cover by LEE WEEKS
    1:25 variant cover by HOWARD PORTER
    $4.99 US | 32 pages | 2 of 10 | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/11/23
    As Superman struggles to re-enter his life on Earth, we begin the story
    of his epic 20-year journey home with an encounter with spacefaring
    scavengers who transport the Man of Steel to an unnamed earthlike
    planet whose properties redefine the limits of his powers, while the
    world's ecological and political turmoil beckons for his help.
    Sick costume, white and gold is a cool look as the All-Star and Sixth Dimension suits show.

I dig the clear white look. I'm looking forward to it.

Love the Lee Weekes variant too: