Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    This was something special. As everyone is saying, Priest made a great use of the JL, and I can't wait to see him exploring the 20 years Superman spent away. Hopefully he doesn't have another family

My hope for this series is still the same, Superman's Odyssey, I want to see Superman slowly making his way back, and all the adventures and troubles he have on his journey.

If, this series keeps the quality from issue one, and nothing too controversial happens, this is the type of story I can see added to the main continuity.
    Unless there’s a twist involved regarding Clark’s lost 20 years, I don’t know how you could fold this back in. Whole premise seems to be that Clark is changed dramatically by what he went through out there, and now he can’t easily adjust to returning home. Priest is likely going to take full advantage of not being tied down by continuity here to let this Clark be different from Earth 0 Superman.

But there’s always a twist with Priest, so we’ll see.

Definitely should add the Lost suit to Clark’s armory in the Fortress regardless, because man is it cool.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Both Diana and Hal got some nice moments, maybe Priest was trying to assuage those two fanbases since he’s ruffled their feathers before

Hats off to Superman Editorial, there’s a strong line of quality across the board. Really makes me excited for Steelworks even though Dorn isn’t known for being a writer.
    Why are people saying Priest dislikes Diana on this thread? What did he say about her?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Why are people saying Priest dislikes Diana on this thread? What did he say about her?
    During a Justice League story he wrote, someone was shooting a Superman and of course the bullets were bouncing right off him. One of the ricocheted bullets hit Wonder Woman and she was taken out. Almost bleeding to death. Fans were pretty pissed how weak she was made to look in the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    He wrote a blog some time back where he flat-out said he doesn't like Wonder Woman.

I can't find the link unfortunately, but highlights included calling her boring, claiming her fans are in denial about how boring she is, he can't take a woman in a tiara acting tough seriously, and the only way he would find her interesting is if they changed literally everything about her.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    He wrote a blog some time back where he flat-out said he doesn't like Wonder Woman.

I can't find the link unfortunately, but highlights included calling her boring, claiming her fans are in denial about how boring she is, he can't take a woman in a tiara acting tough seriously, and the only way he would find her interesting is if they changed literally everything about her.
    Isn't that what the character was made to **** on in the first place?the idea that you have to be "masculine" to be kickass?I have more problems swallowing superman pill than wonder woman.She is pretty easy to suspend your disbelief.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I hope we get an interview soon with Priest about this series. This has been fairly low-key compared to the marketing for Black Adam, but I would love to know his intent and plan for the series. Story doesn’t really seem like it would be able to accomadate any of Superman’s classic Rogues with the exception of possibly Mongul and Brainiac, and I would like to know if Priest has any plans for either of those two show. Maybe Mxy could appear too. For now I’m expecting it to be just OCs or a similar one and done format to Up in the Sky!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Superman: Lost #2 Preview
    Writer: Christopher Priest
    Artist: Carlo Pagulayan

Supportive wife Lois Lane .

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

My favorite part of the issue. Sometimes I don't love Priest's tics but then most of those just grow on me anyway through the course of the story. Overall I thought it was amazing, a significant improvement
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

No clue if the science is total bullshit or not, but it’s fun to have a Superman book making an effort to justify the application of his powers. Reminds me of the Pre-Crisis effort to make it all seem plausible. Narrative does a good job of connecting the reader with Clark’s emotional state, he’s overwhelmed and more than a little confused, and Priest hits you with a lot of information to try to get the reader to connect by feeling similar. And we get the white suit at the end!

Between Lost and Williamson’s run, the Superbooks seem to be trying to give Clark more toys and it’s much appreciated.

Clark is super dazed and confused in this story, so he keeps trying to relate what he comes across to things he know. This kid reminds him of Jimmy so he calls him that. The area at the end reminds him of Kansas so that’s why he tells Victor that Kansas is what he would call it.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The world is pretty sad because it shows whats prolly the saddest part of being a superhero. You can't help everyone.

The rest of the universe has entire worlds all as damaged as Earth is or even worse, but they can't help them. Because its too much for any one man, even for a Superman.

No clue if the science is total bullshit or not, but it’s fun to have a Superman book making an effort to justify the application of his powers. Reminds me of the Pre-Crisis effort to make it all seem plausible. Narrative does a good job of connecting the reader with Clark’s emotional state, he’s overwhelmed and more than a little confused, and Priest hits you with a lot of information to try to get the reader to connect by feeling similar. And we get the white suit at the end!

Between Lost and Williamson’s run, the Superbooks seem to be trying to give Clark more toys and it’s much appreciated.

Clark is super dazed and confused in this story, so he keeps trying to relate what he comes across to things he know. This kid reminds him of Jimmy so he calls him that. The area at the end reminds him of Kansas so that’s why he tells Victor that Kansas is what he would call it.
    The kid's name would also sound like Jimmy so not knowing the difference, it's pretty much what he'd hear.

I enjoy Priest using pseudoscience. For me at least I think the first mention of the slingshot idea came with the original eradicator story. But maybe regarding the singularity it's like that old episode of Star trek.

With a lot of writers I'd be annoyed by the repetition but I like how it relates to the tedious way time passes, where he's just literally lost and travelling, having to explain himself to all of these strangers. It's weird but monotonous and along with what he sees it's just hard to know anything about where he's going and how long it's taking.

I also really like how Priest kinda just sidestepped the whole idea of Superman meddling in this society. Especially with Victor like, "is that how it's done where you're from?" Some of the best subtle humor I've seen in a while with comics

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post

I enjoy Priest using pseudoscience. For me at least I think the first mention of the slingshot idea came with the original eradicator story. But maybe regarding the singularity it's like that old episode of Star trek.
    Never heard Priest mention if he’s a Trek fan or not but it wouldn’t surprise me if he was. Since he wrote Steel around the time of the Triangle Era it may be him calling back to that kind of pseudoscience.

I also really like how Priest kinda just sidestepped the whole idea of Superman meddling in this society. Especially with Victor like, "is that how it's done where you're from?" Some of the best subtle humor I've seen in a while with comics
    At some point I’m sure Supes will meddle, but since this planet was VERY Earth-like, it makes sense that he didn’t feel comfortable getting involved. I’m sure there will be a situation where Clark thinks he can make a positive difference only to have it blow up in his face. But I would like at least one story set in a location where Clark can positively change things for the better, simply because I’m curious what Priest’s idea of Superman doing that would be.

Never heard Priest mention if he’s a Trek fan or not but it wouldn’t surprise me if he was. Since he wrote Steel around the time of the Triangle Era it may be him calling back to that kind of pseudoscience.

At some point I’m sure Supes will meddle, but since this planet was VERY Earth-like, it makes sense that he didn’t feel comfortable getting involved. I’m sure there will be a situation where Clark thinks he can make a positive difference only to have it blow up in his face. But I would like at least one story set in a location where Clark can positively change things for the better, simply because I’m curious what Priest’s idea of Superman doing that would be.
    Yeah he's guaranteed to do something other than be lost, I just mean that Priest didn't hang his hat on that plot itself.