Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyways, Jono skipping from "I might be a pyromaniac" to "let's rekindle our relationship" is kinda funny

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

This artist might do the worst Pixie I've ever seen hrmph

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Anyways, Jono skipping from "I might be a pyromaniac" to "let's rekindle our relationship" is kinda funny
    He's looking at his life, looking at his choices! Its all very clearly thematically connected, and with a recurring 'torch' motif to link it all together!

It's nice to see Chamber and Husk appear in a comic again. I guess they could be the next ones turn into monsters though. I'll laugh if Paige and Angel were to end up together again somehow. I never thought that their old romance would be brought up in a comic again.

If I'm following the reading order correctly then I believe that this story takes place after what happened To Hope in Immortal. We may find out how the resurrection protocols are handled in this comic. I'm guessing that Black Knight is going to kill someone.

I like this comic but I kind of wish this particular story would end a little faster. I'm not really all that interested in seeing Nightcrawler turn into a real devil. We've seen Marvel take that direction with the character before, during the Austen run.
    But then I guess that might be why Husk and Angel are in this story. They were teammates with Kurt when Austen made Azazel Kurt's father and tried to make Kurt a descendant from real demons. Could be a call back to that team and story, as has already been pointed out in this thread.

Nightcrawlers more demonic appearance looks alright, but I'm not that fond of the designs that Angel and Husk have in this preview.

Astonishing Member

Tbh I really hope this leads to more of Jacks being around in the X-books because I really REALLY want to see Exodus' attitude towards her, especially once he a) learns she's a mutant, and b) who her father is.

Because on the one hand, her father Dane is a human who with the help of Sersi temporarily replaced his ancestor from Exodus' time period, who Bennet just oh so happened to be in love with, per Immortal X-Men. But on the other hand, Jacks is literally a direct descendant of the human friend Exodus loved centuries ago, and a mutant herself.

There's some very interesting character dynamics Exodus and Jacks could have, and I'm really curious what angle the writers would take with them.

Man, I hope Paige and Jono don’t get back together.

Like, I get it… they’re completely ignoring his relationship with Jubilee, but it would be such a huge step back for Paige. I really hope she’s has a good showing in this run. It really sucks that most of her appearances after Generation X have all been about her relationship status.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Man, I hope Paige and Jono don’t get back together.

Like, I get it… they’re completely ignoring his relationship with Jubilee, but it would be such a huge step back for Paige. I really hope she’s has a good showing in this run. It really sucks that most of her appearances after Generation X have all been about her relationship status.
    I meeean you can only date up after Toad
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I meeean you can only date up after Toad
    lol Yeeeaaaah, that is true. Hitting rock bottom right there. XD
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Tbh I really hope this leads to more of Jacks being around in the X-books because I really REALLY want to see Exodus' attitude towards her, especially once he a) learns she's a mutant, and b) who her father is.

Because on the one hand, her father Dane is a human who with the help of Sersi temporarily replaced his ancestor from Exodus' time period, who Bennet just oh so happened to be in love with, per Immortal X-Men. But on the other hand, Jacks is literally a direct descendant of the human friend Exodus loved centuries ago, and a mutant herself.

There's some very interesting character dynamics Exodus and Jacks could have, and I'm really curious what angle the writers would take with them.
    This seems needlessly complicated I love it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, I never finished Black Knight's book.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

Also relevant is that IIRC, Dane killed his ancestor in so doing that.

Am I the only fool that thought that was Betsy rather than Pixie, at first?
    I didn't notice the wings and was so fixated on lavender hair and pink glowy stab weapon. hahaha OOPS

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    This artist might do the worst Pixie I've ever seen hrmph
    I wish she went through the same thing as Nightcrawler and Angel. A monstrous faerie would be a fun look for her. Or it would just mean she's become her mother.