Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MCU rumor

Mighty Member

Default MCU rumor

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-could-del...24-mcu-movies/

Correct me if I'm wrong but this talk of "franchise fatigue" where is that coming from? And I thought critically most of Phase 4 has been critically well received? Man this sucks about the delays. Just because Werewolf by Night and GOTG Holiday special were hits doesn't mean you need to turn every upcoming series into a 40 minute special. Because you'd shortcharge some characters. Basically now that Papa Bear Iger is back on charge we're going to go from eating birthday cake all year long to eating table scraps.

The problem with having a lot of Disney+ Series as well as movies is that they begin to look alike. Its a blessing and a curse. A blessing in that people know what to expect from an MCU offering, as they have incredible consistency as far as quality. But a curse because everything can be kind of samey with nothing really standing out.

It would be nice if the movies felt special again.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The problem with having a lot of Disney+ Series as well as movies is that they begin to look alike. Its a blessing and a curse. A blessing in that people know what to expect from an MCU offering, as they have incredible consistency as far as quality. But a curse because everything can be kind of samey with nothing really standing out.

It would be nice if the movies felt special again.
    Have we gotten jaded so quickly? I guess there is truth to the saying that familiarity breeds contempt.

If they want to spread things out more and give the vfx artists more time to do their magic then I’m fine with it. I’m not feeling any fatigue personally though.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-could-del...24-mcu-movies/

Correct me if I'm wrong but this talk of "franchise fatigue" where is that coming from? And I thought critically most of Phase 4 has been critically well received? Man this sucks about the delays. Just because Werewolf by Night and GOTG Holiday special were hits doesn't mean you need to turn every upcoming series into a 40 minute special. Because you'd shortcharge some characters. Basically now that Papa Bear Iger is back on charge we're going to go from eating birthday cake all year long to eating table scraps.
    Mostly from critics and other directors in the industry. its been around since phase 2. The MCU created a tidal wave of superhero properties. Plus Hollywood became more ip heavy around the same time.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-09-2022 at 06:53 PM.

I’m kind of tired. I grew up a big comic fan & love seeing these films made. I just didn’t expect it to go on forever. Correct me if I’m wrong but what’s happening with the MCU Films / tv shows is unprecedented right? I mean James Bond is forever but those come out every few nears. Star Wars spin-offs would be the closest thing I guess. A movie or two every other year wouldn’t bug me. I just can’t motivate myself to go see all the Marvel films in theaters. Just not that interested. When I see timelines that cover YEARS, I just think it’s sad to think no other movie genre will pop up to dominate the box office.
    Last edited by Stick Figure; 12-11-2022 at 09:42 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I’m kind of tired. I grew up a big comic fan & love seeing these films made. I just didn’t expect it to go on forever. Correct me if I’m wrong but what’s happening with the MCU Films / tv shows is unprecedented right? I mean James Bond is forever but those come out every few nears. Star Wars spin-offs would be the closest thing I guess. A movie or two every other year wouldn’t bug me. I just can’t motivate myself to go see all the Marvel films in theaters. Just not that interested. When I see timelines that cover YEARS, I just think it’s sad to think no other movie phenomenon will pop up within 15 years.
    1. You don’t have to watch them all. It’s OK.

2. Nothing is stopping other movies from happening. There’s nothing to be sad about.

There may be other types of movies now. All I hear about are super hero movies. I skip all the tv shows so that helps me sustain my interest a bit. I just bore easily. I watch two or three seasons of a show & I just check out.

Has there really been a new Marvel project every month as the article states? That’s amazing.
    Last edited by Stick Figure; 12-11-2022 at 09:59 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    There may be other types of movies now. All I hear about are super hero movies. I skip all the tv shows so that helps me sustain my interest a bit. I just bore easily. I watch two or three seasons of a show & I just check out.

Has there really been a new Marvel project every month as the article states? That’s amazing.
    Marvel released 3 movies in 2022

Dr. Strange MoM
    Thor L&T
    BP Wakanda Forever

They released 3 TV series on D+

Moon Knight
    Ms. Marvel
    She Hulk

They released 2 one shot specials

Werewolf by Night
    GoG Holiday Special

That’s 8 projects released over a 12 month period. Close but no.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Have we gotten jaded so quickly?
    It's been twelve or thirteen years now. Long-runners seldom retain the same audiences or quality. Look at how many people still say Pokemon, Power Rangers, or The Simpsons have had their day. It's called seasonal rot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    It's been twelve or thirteen years now. Long-runners seldom retain the same audiences or quality. Look at how many people still say Pokemon, Power Rangers, or The Simpsons have had their day. It's called seasonal rot.
    I guess I still remember when superhero movies were few and far between and you took what you could get. Now thanks to Marvel we out here feasting and while some are walking away from the table I’m still hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Marvel released 3 movies in 2022

Dr. Strange MoM
    Thor L&T
    BP Wakanda Forever

They released 3 TV series on D+

Moon Knight
    Ms. Marvel
    She Hulk

They released 2 one shot specials

Werewolf by Night
    GoG Holiday Special

That’s 8 projects released over a 12 month period. Close but no.
    By Comparison in 2017 the MCU had 9 projects Defenders, Ironfist, Punisher, Runaways, Agents of Shield, Inhumans, GOTG Vol. 2, Spider-Man Homecoming, & Thor Ragnarök.

While also in the same year Fox had 3 X related Marvel Projects Logan, Legion, & Gifted.

They had 10 in 2018 Agents of Shield, Runaways, Cloak and Dagger, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Ironfist, Black Panther, Infinity War, & Ant-Man and the Wasp.

With again 3 X Related project at Fox the forementioned Legion and Gifted & Deadpool 2.

I don't get the whole fatigue problem. I mean, we read different comics every month don't we? Or do we just read 1-2 and then we get fatigued and wait a year to read 1-2 more?

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I don't get the whole fatigue problem. I mean, we read different comics every month don't we? Or do we just read 1-2 and then we get fatigued and wait a year to read 1-2 more?
    It’s the general “I didn’t like it/don’t want it, so it shouldn’t exist and other people shouldn’t get to enjoy it” sentiment some people hold that I’m truly baffled by.

I’m getting fatigued but I know how much enjoyment these movies bring. I can’t binge tv series because I burn out. That’s just me. I grew up when there were virtually no comic book movies. I remember going to see Daredevil & just grinning at the screen. I couldn’t believe there was a Daredevil movie! Now I don’t get as excited for each new film. It’s like how I read comics for 20 plus years but gradually got bored. Probably bought them out of habit for 5 years before I gave them up. I still visit the forums though to keep up. I may not be getting tired of comic book movies but would never say they need to stop.
    Last edited by Jon-El; 12-12-2022 at 05:08 PM.

I am not fatigued. There are some movies I enjoy more then others but that is more a matter of taste then being tired of them. I find it harder to watch the shows on Disney + because I am not much of a streaming/tv person. But that again is not fatigue that is more of a personal taste.

I f they put out a super hero movie every month I would be happy because I love the MCU

And 20 years ago if you would have told me we are going to get an Antman movie or She Hulk tv show I would have enjoyed calling you a crazy liar.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.