Mighty Member

Default David Zaslav Netflix

https://deadline.com/2022/12/new-str...ms-1235192453/

I'm a little confused on DZ's position here. What is he annoyed about? I get something with the producers but what does that mean exactly?

also:

https://deadline.com/2022/12/dc-wond...el-1235193778/

The way I feel about the state of DC Media is and maybe this is naive but I still feel like WBD/HBO MAX is in a good spot as far as overall content. We're still going to continue getting shows like Pennyworth, Ttians, Doom Patrol and others and with the animation deal with Amazon more DC animated content. Now, concentrating on just the movie said, yeah it's a mess right now and has been since 2017. I think it's useless at this point to chase Marvel, they're 10 years too late. DC movies flourish when their creatives are given free reign to do what they do. Yeah there have been some misfires but at least the creative vision is there. I think Gunn and Safran are good choices to lead DC Studios. And it's stupid to think that Gunn will basically make every DC movie like Guardians. He won't even be directing them. Remember, he worked under Kevin Feige for a little bit. I think it'll be a dual combination of his and Safran's vision and a little Feige. But whether it's connected or not is immaterial. Just make good DC movies.
    Last edited by CTTT; 12-10-2022 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://deadline.com/2022/12/new-str...ms-1235192453/

I'm a little confused on DZ's position here. What is he annoyed about? I get something with the producers but what does that mean exactly?

also:

https://deadline.com/2022/12/dc-wond...el-1235193778/

The way I feel about the state of DC Media is and maybe this is naive but I still feel like WBD/HBO MAX is in a good spot as far as overall content. We're still going to continue getting shows like Pennyworth, Ttians, Doom Patrol and others and with the animation deal with Amazon more DC animated content. Now, concentrating on just the movie said, yeah it's a mess right now and has been since 2017. I think it's useless at this point to chase Marvel, they're 10 years too late. DC movies flourish when their creatives are given free reign to do what they do. Yeah there have been some misfires but at least the creative vision is there. I think Gunn and Safran are good choices to lead DC Studios. And it's stupid to think that Gunn will basically make every DC movie like Guardians. He won't even be directing them. Remember, he worked under Kevin Feige for a little bit. I think it'll be a dual combination of his and Safran's vision and a little Feige. But whether it's connected or not is immaterial. Just make good DC movies.
    my understanding is that DZ is upset that Netflix pays WB over a longer period of time whereas DZ wants more of the money up front. really just a consequence of WB being very very deeply in debt, DZ is scrounging for cash wherever he can. This feels kind of like looking for change in your couch in order to pay your electric bill, though - meaning any more money he gets upfront from netflix would be tiny compared to the amount of money WB really needs to remain solvent

Hi I'm David Zaslav, and i want to ruin everything good that WB did.

The Worst CEO of 2022: David Zaslav of Warner Bros Discovery

Thinking you can run an entertainment company because you did shows about Housewives and gold mining is a recipe for disaster. Too bad so many in the business will suffer because of this man's hubris. At this point he is looking Muskian in his decisions.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 12-10-2022 at 07:04 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

And to think this idiot Zaslav was heralded as the guy who would finally save WB. What a joke that was.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I hope they get rid of him soon enough to salvage some of the wreckage he's left in his wake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Hi I'm David Zaslav, and i want to ruin everything good that WB did.

The Worst CEO of 2022: David Zaslav of Warner Bros Discovery

Thinking you can run an entertainment company because you did shows about Housewives and gold mining is a recipe for disaster. Too bad so many in the business will suffer because of this man's hubris. At this point he is looking Muskian in his decisions.
    Well, he’s maybe not as bad a CEO as Sam Bankman-Fried of FTX.