Default Uncharted reboot rumors

This seems to be the rumor going around lately. Uncharted IV was a pretty definitive end for Nate, and although Lost Legacy was a success the plans to do spin-offs featuring Cassie, Sam, Sully, or even Cutter never really materialized, probably because a lot of ND's resources have gone back to the "Last of Us" since. There was the PC port and the PS5 upgrade-both probably done to tie in with the movie-but that's it.

The new sequel will reportedly be a reboot (Maybe like the movie was, an 'origin story' of sorts although one that doesn't line up with the games continuity unless you totally ignore 3's prelude) and not involve Naughty Dog but Sony and perhaps a new studio.

Kind of curious if it'll be more "open world", something they kind of experimented with a bit in 4 and LL but still having a linear story. Maybe it'll be similar in a few ways to the Tomb Raider reboots (although probably not as incredibly gory and brutal as those tended to be-Uncharted is mainly supposed to be fun so a gritty reimagining would not be the best idea) in which the last two games were fairly open, kind of had a 'hub' area like God of War (although LL sort of had that).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

It just feels underwhelming because I don't think there's more you could do with Nathan's story.

I rather just get a new lead character or new IP. Naughty Dog had some cool cut concepts in their Art book that I rather see get developed.

Or they could finally reboot jak and daxter...
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-11-2022 at 07:40 AM.

I feel like people would be very skeptical of an Uncharted reboot.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

seems like a weird choice for a reboot since it isnt a failure or some niche cult hit

but i hope it brings back some the solid third person shooter multiplayer

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Continuing the series with his daughter as the lead would make more sense.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

They could split the leads. Nathan Drake does parts of the game where shooting and killing is part of it. His daughter doing stealth and puzzles part.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Or maybe the other way around. UC4 ended with Nate and Elena becoming legal & respected archaeologists, with their 'action days' kind of behind them.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Nathan and Elena should stay legit. Sam and Sully should still be around for shady business.