Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I am very much in the minority of not liking the WW movie. It took SO MANY liberties and depowered her mythology so badly. Worse, she seemed to actually SHARE the movie with the supporting character in a way I have only seen in team movies.

But anyway, pondering this made me think on the movies being based on new poopy-2 which further led me to review WWs origin there and...

I came up blank. Did she not get an origin? I remember The First (or whatever its name was) got an origin but I don't WW did beyond the dedication of pages to pooping on her classic origin to celebrate what a "stud" Zeus was. Am I being dim or did they not really do it?

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    well i never understood in the Wonder Woman movie the Amazons were being attacked by the Germans were shooting guns i saw not a ONE AMAZON use their Braclets.
    Well, the movie utilized a mix of Wonder mythos. Pre Crisis, all Amazons trained in bullets and bracelets. Post Crisis, only Diana did this, utilizing the Silver Bracelets bestowed to her as Champion. Only these bracelets were made from a fragment of Zeus' indestructible Aegis , and forged by Hephaestus.

So in the movie, I'm assuming they leaned more I to the Post Crisis version, at least when it came to Diana and using the bracelets to deflect projectiles vs the Amazons not doing it. Also, Diana only deflects bullets once she's in London with Steve and not before... Perhaps indicative of her growing powers....

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I am very much in the minority of not liking the WW movie. It took SO MANY liberties and depowered her mythology so badly. Worse, she seemed to actually SHARE the movie with the supporting character in a way I have only seen in team movies.

But anyway, pondering this made me think on the movies being based on new poopy-2 which further led me to review WWs origin there and...

I came up blank. Did she not get an origin? I remember The First (or whatever its name was) got an origin but I don't WW did beyond the dedication of pages to pooping on her classic origin to celebrate what a "stud" Zeus was. Am I being dim or did they not really do it?
    There's a lot of " huh?" There, but basically:

The movie pulled from a variety of eras of Wonder Woman's mythos. So yes, gross Zeus as dad was included( they could have done the whole movie without that, and really had the same result, but whatcha gonna do...lol) . The Amazons are closer to the Post Crisis versions. They leaned into her 1941 origin by having her debut during a World War ( just not WWII). Steve is a love interest ( which is more Pre Crisis Diana's s history) . Etta's there ( another Golden Age character), etc. So there's lots of elements from lots of eras of her various histories. Not purely Nu52, not purely Golden, or Silver, or Bronze Age. Not Purely Perez era....