Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're describing Captain America's shield (vibranium and adamantium), not Wonder Woman's bracelets.
    True.

I don't know what they were made of pre-crisis, but now, aren't Diana's made from the Shield of Zeus?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True.

I don't know what they were made of pre-crisis, but now, aren't Diana's made from the Shield of Zeus?
    I broke it all down somewhere in this thread...lol

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Don't forget about the bracelets as the focus of her shockwave attacks as seen in the DCEU and the Zeus-spawned Lightning attack and forcefield in the comics...

Thought I WOULD like to forget about the Azzarello godpower dampening effect that was given to the bracelets...
    In dceu patty said the Shockwave comes from herself not the bracelets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    In dceu patty said the Shockwave comes from herself not the bracelets.
    Yes, because that is how patty made 1984, when Diana was losing her strength, the force of the shockwave dissipated and Barbara felt nothing as she passed through it. So the shockwave force was tied into Diana's strength/powers, not her bracelets which were the same as before.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    I broke it all down somewhere in this thread...lol
    Sorry, yes, I think I remember that great post!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, because that is how patty made 1984, when Diana was losing her strength, the force of the shockwave dissipated and Barbara felt nothing as she passed through it. So the shockwave force was tied into Diana's strength/powers, not her bracelets which were the same as before.
    Has she done the shockwave sans bracelets move though? That's more what I mean, its an attack move that comes thru her bracelets...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Has she done the shockwave sans bracelets move though? That's more what I mean, its an attack move that comes thru her bracelets...
    No, I don't think we see a shockwave in-movie without the bracelets on.

Wouldn't she need the bracelets to create the shockwave? I mean it's about her strength, channeling that energy into slamming the bracelets together to create the concussive force... It's not like Diana just creates shock waves by herself like she's Vibe or something

Spectacular Member

Wouldn't she need the bracelets to create the shockwave? I mean it's about her strength, channeling that energy into slamming the bracelets together to create the concussive force... It's not like Diana just creates shock waves by herself like she's Vibe or something
    Nope Its a power that all comes from herself. Patty confirmed it when the debut film released.Thats why she looks surprised during training in the 1st movie. She realized its not the bracelets its her. She doesn't even slam them most of the time in dceu.

none of the Amazons shown in films can/have done it and all their bracelets are the same. I seen comic scans of her doing it she should've always had this ability. Lightning skill should return. Long range powers are the best. Shes god like.
    Last edited by Mysterious; 12-28-2022 at 04:23 AM.

Nope Its a power that all comes from herself. Patty confirmed it when the debut film released.Thats why she looks surprised during training in the 1st movie. She realized its not the bracelets its her. She doesn't even slam them most of the time in dceu.

none of the Amazons shown in films can/have done it and all their bracelets are the same. I seen comic scans of her doing it she should've always had this ability. Lightning skill should return. Long range powers are the best. Shes god like.
    The reason she looks surprised is that it's never happened before. She just crossed her arms to shield herself from the advance and it happened. It's not that she realized " it wasn't the bracelets"

So it's Diana having " the power" to do that with her bracelets, not Diana generating the shockwave. She can't just cross her bare arms and do it. That's goofy, despite what Patty said it was interpreted as having said. She's not Vibe.

The other Amazons can't do it because they don't have the strength. Diana clangs her bracelets together ( in film) and there's usually even a sound ( BvS for example)....

Similarly, in the Perez era, Diana crosses her bracelets to create a larger protective field. But that's more about the bracelets vs Diana herself (apart from Diana being the chosen one to wield the silver bracelets)

Lightning powers belong to others.

Spectacular Member

The reason she looks surprised is that it's never happened before. She just crossed her arms to shield herself from the advance and it happened. It's not that she realized " it wasn't the bracelets"

So it's Diana having " the power" to do that with her bracelets, not Diana generating the shockwave. She can't just cross her bare arms and do it. That's goofy, despite what Patty said it was interpreted as having said. She's not Vibe.

The other Amazons can't do it because they don't have the strength. Diana clangs her bracelets together ( in film) and there's usually even a sound ( BvS for example)....

Similarly, in the Perez era, Diana crosses her bracelets to create a larger protective field. But that's more about the bracelets vs Diana herself (apart from Diana being the chosen one to wield the silver bracelets)

Lightning powers belong to others.
    Ehh this skill is very inconsistent in film. I'm going to take Patty's answer for it. It makes sense. She didn't clang them in 84 against barbara, the soldiers in 3rd act, nor the training scene in 1st film. Not against ares either. Why did she have lightning in JL to smash that tunnel bridge? It shows connecting to her shield before she strikes it.

Ehh this skill is very inconsistent in film. I'm going to take Patty's answer for it. It makes sense. She didn't clang them in 84 against barbara, the soldiers in 3rd act, nor the training scene in 1st film. Not against ares either. Why did she have lightning in JL to smash that tunnel bridge? It shows connecting to her shield before she strikes it.
    BvS she strikes them together against Doomsday
    JL she strikes them together against the terrorist leader to blast him through the wall, does it again against Steppenwolf ( in fact, one ti.e she crosses her bracelets, nothing happens. Then swings back her right arm and slams them together...), slams a Bracelet against her shield multiple times to create the shockwave, tries to strike her bracelets together against Kal but he stops her, etc

WW84 she tries against Minerva in the White House but had been weakened by her wish on the Wishing Stone. You hear a metallic "ping" when she crosses them. She prevents Steve from using a sword against the secret service men as "it's not their fault"" so I assume she also wouldn't want to and soldiers either. They're not the bad guys . She doesn't want to hurt them.But she does clap them together to knock out the soldiers and their armament from a distance (again, in slow motion--- but she swings her right arm back for maximum force when she hits them together)

She does do it in the battle with Ares but it's in slow motion. And she does the same after her bracelets absorb all of the lightening from Ares, to direct it back at him and destroy him.

Sounds pretty consistent to me

Her just having concussive powers doesn't make sense. It's her power that allows her to create the strike, but it's not a "concussive power" she posseses. If she didn't have power, she couldn't create the blast, either via striking her bracelets together, of striking them against something else metal (like her shield)

If she had concussive powers she could just generate them with her hands or something.
    Last edited by wonder39; 01-01-2023 at 05:13 PM.

Nope Its a power that all comes from herself. Patty confirmed it when the debut film released.
    This is one of those times where I kind of discount what the creators say after the fact. Maybe the intent was that WW can create shockwaves without her bracelets, but if you're just watching the movies and don't read interviews, it sure looks like you need WW power + bracelets to make the shockwave.

Anyway, to answer the thread topic, the bracelets are as useful as the writer wants them to be.

well i never understood in the Wonder Woman movie the Amazons were being attacked by the Germans were shooting guns i saw not a ONE AMAZON use their Braclets.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    well i never understood in the Wonder Woman movie the Amazons were being attacked by the Germans were shooting guns i saw not a ONE AMAZON use their Braclets.
    easiest answer...because it was a brand new weapon to them.