Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I wonder if he can't since he's not technically part of the X-Office?

I think the Inker and Colorist make Salva's art sing, I wasn't a big fan of his during the original X-Treme run, so for me this is a big step up
    Gah, I suppose.

It drives me up the wall that, well, like half of Chris's darlings are 100% available rn! Once Tini Howard's Cap Britain mini closes, Chris could take Betsy and Rachel--now openly queer--for a ride! Let the man grab Yana and Kate Pryde, too--they're hardly fulcrums for their respective books. Have them trade fisticuffs with a resurrected Selene in the revamped otherworld! Alan Davis\Art Adams on art. It basically writes itself.

I think it's that I've done my first ever Claremont deep dive just this year, and I feel like I should be frothing at the mouth for another book of his, but...the Kid-Storm\X-Treme periods aren't what I resonated with. Have him pen an Outback mini, and I'll run slobbering.

Sigh...Chris is not getting any younger. Unleash him, X-Office! (Not at the expense of your POC creators, tho, please)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Gah, I suppose.

It drives me up the wall that, well, like half of Chris's darlings are 100% available rn! Once Tini Howard's Cap Britain mini closes, Chris could take Betsy and Rachel--now openly queer--for a ride! Let the man grab Yana and Kate Pryde, too--they're hardly fulcrums for their respective books. Have them trade fisticuffs with a resurrected Selene in the revamped otherworld! Alan Davis\Art Adams on art. It basically writes itself.

I think it's that I've done my first ever Claremont deep dive just this year, and I feel like I should be frothing at the mouth for another book of his, but...the Kid-Storm\X-Treme periods aren't what I resonated with. Have him pen an Outback mini, and I'll run slobbering.

Sigh...Chris is not getting any younger. Unleash him, X-Office! (Not at the expense of your POC creators, tho, please)
    The excitement that just coursed through my veins reading that. I was just re-reading the mall issue (Jubilee's first appearance) and I just can't get enough of the Outback era. And yes to letting Claremont play in the new Otherworld. Yeeeees.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Gah, I suppose.

my guy, I am rereading Claremont as we speak!

I am nearly done with Uncanny X-Men Omni volume 1, and I forgot the quieter moments he injected in the book.

I mean the slow burn of Logan revealing himself to the others as well as his love for Mariko and Jean is great.

I feel like the older I get the more I love Claremont's style, and I think because it's not so hyperactive and isn't set up as a beginning of an "ENDGAME"(tm); it's quite literally a look into these characters' lives.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Where did he say it would get a sequel?
    I don't know if I'm misreading it, but towards the end Claremont teases he's got another X-project coming up and uses the phrase "spins off" which made it sound like it's spinning off from the current X-Treme mini. But it's pretty vague so it could just as easily be something unrelated.

AIPT: Finally, what’s next after X-Treme X-Men? Can you tease anything?

Chris: I can tease, I just can’t say, but it spins off of yet another really good story that would — I think — make a really good movie. But that’s just me, especially given the cast involved. But, the first issue just went off to the penciler and we’ll see where it goes from there.

Fantastic Member

Too bad the coloring is so muddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I don't know if I'm misreading it, but towards the end Claremont teases he's got another X-project coming up and uses the phrase "spins off" which made it sound like it's spinning off from the current X-Treme mini. But it's pretty vague so it could just as easily be something unrelated.
    Oh damn I think you may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

And finally, your first look at the cover and solicitation for X-Treme X-Men #5!

X-TREME X-MEN #5 (OF 5)

CHRIS CLAREMONT (W) SALVADOR LARROCA (A/C)

X-TREME MEASURES!

As the battle between the wounded X-MEN and mighty GALÉRER reaches a deadly climax, the anti-mutant PURITY demonstration boils over into unbridled chaos! Can the mutants save the innocent civilians and stop the villains at the same time? And at what cost – to themselves and the city of Chicago? The epic conclusion to Chris Claremont and Salvador Larroca’s latest chapter of X-TREME X-MEN!
    Those preview pages sure look gooooooooooood! And claremont remains THE G.O.A.T. in my admittedly bias opinion. ^_^
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I was hoping we'd get some Betsy tidbits.

But was happy to hear that he has Amara on the roster.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The excitement that just coursed through my veins reading that. I was just re-reading the mall issue (Jubilee's first appearance) and I just can't get enough of the Outback era. And yes to letting Claremont play in the new Otherworld. Yeeeees.
    The Outback era had so much more gold that could've been mined. Makes me wish that the 90s animated series wasn't the first X-Men cartoon (yes I know Pryde of the X-Men but it wasn't like a full series), because I could EASILY picture an 80s cartoon set in the Outback era, with that cast (Storm, Logan, Piotr, Betsy, Longshot, Dazzler, Rogue, Havok and bring in Jubilee late in the first season.) It could have easily fit in among a lot of 80s cartoons with aesthetics/vibes like the original Thundercats, Voltron, Pirates of Dark Water, Visionaries, etc.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Good reminder, I need to purchase that omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    my guy, I am rereading Claremont as we speak!

I am nearly done with Uncanny X-Men Omni volume 1, and I forgot the quieter moments he injected in the book.

I mean the slow burn of Logan revealing himself to the others as well as his love for Mariko and Jean is great.

I feel like the older I get the more I love Claremont's style, and I think because it's not so hyperactive and isn't set up as a beginning of an "ENDGAME"(tm); it's quite literally a look into these characters' lives.
    I've seen it described like the closest American comics ever got to Manga, and I don't disagree lol. That's why I think Paul Smith was an inspired choice for Uncanny--he could make those out of costume quiet moments sing

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I've seen it described like the closest American comics ever got to Manga, and I don't disagree lol. That's why I think Paul Smith was an inspired choice for Uncanny--he could make those out of costume quiet moments sing
    I love this description!

I totally agree, and I never new this is what I wanted.

Astonishing Member

A rather fitting comparison.

Also because his long stay on the title helped create a sort of consistency that these days is usualy only found in manga. Which in a way is both a curse and a blessing he unleashed onto the series.

A blessing because it was what defied the X-men when they they became their most popular and shaped their pop culture imagine. A curse because nobody since has remained long enough to create the same feeling of consistency or has been able to produce a similar chemistry and dynamic of characters and story.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Exit Hank and Logan, add Heather and Neal and this would become my favorite team ever.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    A rather fitting comparison.

Also because his long stay on the title helped create a sort of consistency that these days is usually only found in manga. Which in a way is both a curse and a blessing he unleashed onto the series.

A blessing because it was what defied the X-men when they they became their most popular and shaped their pop culture imagine. A curse because nobody since has remained long enough to create the same feeling of consistency or has been able to produce a similar chemistry and dynamic of characters and story.
    Exactly.

I think the Krakoa ere is the most successful and ambitious status quo the books has seen since then, and still the shadow of the Claremont days looms large over it. The nostalgic comfort of returning there is a siren song that's very difficult to resist--both for fans, and the profit seeking marvel corporate.