Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jaygon View Post
    The multiverse has struggled to retain a consistent version of Earth-Two/-2 post-Infinite Crisis.

The first version, which appeared in the final pages of 52 had a version of Huntress who wore a dog collar. Wonder Woman was still active, GL alive etc. etc. This earth and version of Huntress briefly reappeared in Justice Society of America 11 before being replaced by the Earth-2 which was home to the Justice Society Infinity. On this version of Earth-2, GL was deceased, WW inactive and Queen of the Amazons. The art was styled on the late bronze-age JSA/Infinity Inc.

This was wiped out by Flashpoint, giving us the Wonders of the World.

Infinite Frontier suggested that Earth-2 had reverted to either the original Earth-Two or the JSI Earth-2. A ‘classic’ looking Huntress appears.

And now, it seems that Earth-2 has once again changed to the post-Flashpoint version.
    Don't you mean pre-Flashpoint? The post Flashpoint take was the Wonders of the World.

Spectacular Member

I believe that it has indeed reverted to the Wonders of the World/Post-Flashpoint Earth-2.
    Last edited by jaygon; 12-12-2022 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Neither are listed Dark Knignt Returns, or Watchmen. So cool off.
    To be fair, Dark Knight Returns was originally Earth 31 in the 52-Earth Orrery; but that was changed to the “pirate Batman” Earth when Frank Millar requested it be removed. You will not fine the Dark Knight Earth on any future map of the Multiverse, as long as the writer's preference is honored.

As for Watchmen, there might be a designation for it (though not one explicitly provided here); but it's also possible that the Watchmen Earth exists in Hypertime, not the Omniverse. Just like the Flashpoint universe and the Doomsday Clock “archival Earths”.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    To be fair, Dark Knight Returns was originally Earth 31 in the 52-Earth Orrery; but that was changed to the “pirate Batman” Earth when Frank Millar requested it be removed. You will not fine the Dark Knight Earth on any future map of the Multiverse, as long as the writer's preference is honored.

As for Watchmen, there might be a designation for it (though not one explicitly provided here); but it's also possible that the Watchmen Earth exists in Hypertime, not the Omniverse. Just like the Flashpoint universe and the Doomsday Clock “archival Earths”.
    The point they are not listened. Period. It is not big deal which universes are listened or not. If you don't see your favorite history not in the list, so what? tHe book youliked is still there.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I've never taken to putting much stock in stuff like this or Morrison's map of the Multiverse, but at the very least this has the cavaet of being a character's perception of those worlds. It's not presented as omniscient, which is good because it'll change on a dime when it fits DC.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The point they are not listened. Period. It is not big deal which universes are listened or not. If you don't see your favorite history not in the list, so what? tHe book youliked is still there.
    You seem to misunderstand me. I consider not being listed a good thing.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You seem to misunderstand me. I consider not being listed a good thing.
    What? You're not looking forward to them designating it a specific Earth and announcing a Tom Taylor/Bruce Timm collab one shot on said Earth? Boy howdy, get ready for April.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Good news: Superman 78 and Batman 89 are not only canon, they're merged into the same universe. Superfriends gets an Earth, though the designation number is odd. Why start with Superboy? Why not just call it the Superfriends Earth? Some of these designation numbers don't make any sense in the continuity sense. Why Earth 49 for the Injustice Earth? And where is the "good" Injustice Earth? The one that defeated Superman and his regime?

Bad news: No New 52 Earth, no classic Earth 2, no pre-Crisis Earth 1 officially. Apparently the designations Johns set up in DDC isn't canon anymore. No Young Justice Earth. I'd love to see more TV shows and movies thrown in here. A Smallville Earth. Maybe the Nolan-verse. Or the Titans show. It seems odd to include these obscure Earths that they have no real intentions to do anything with but not the more popular versions like TV shows and movies and things that most people are familiar with. Even stuff like the Arrow-verse or Superman and Lois.
    Assassinate Putin!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Good news: Superman 78 and Batman 89 are not only canon, they're merged into the same universe. Superfriends gets an Earth, though the designation number is odd. Why start with Superboy? Why not just call it the Superfriends Earth? Some of these designation numbers don't make any sense in the continuity sense. Why Earth 49 for the Injustice Earth? And where is the "good" Injustice Earth? The one that defeated Superman and his regime?

Bad news: No New 52 Earth, no classic Earth 2, no pre-Crisis Earth 1 officially. Apparently the designations Johns set up in DDC isn't canon anymore. No Young Justice Earth. I'd love to see more TV shows and movies thrown in here. A Smallville Earth. Maybe the Nolan-verse. Or the Titans show. It seems odd to include these obscure Earths that they have no real intentions to do anything with but not the more popular versions like TV shows and movies and things that most people are familiar with. Even stuff like the Arrow-verse or Superman and Lois.

Unless I misunderstood, which is possible, Pariah did not create an infinite multiverse, he restored ‘the’ infinite multiverse (Multiverse-2).

The pre-Crisis earths (Earth-One, Earth-Two etc.) must be a part of this restored Multiverse-2.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post

As Thor-Ul pointed out, just because it's not on the list, that doesn't mean that it's not in the Multiverse; it just means that if it is, it's got a designation that's not on the list.

And again, this is just a (partial) list of what's in the Omniverse; it doesn't address any of the Hypertime phenomena, like Convergence or Doomsday Clock. I'll agree that the designations that Johns set up in Doomsday Clock aren't canon anymore; but the worlds he described there still are. It's just that they're branches off of the timeline into Hypertime, instead of having distinct vibrational signatures in the Omniverse. And Convergence established that the worlds of the new Multiverse “evolved” from the worlds of the original Multiverse, which can be interpreted in a manner similar to the concept of the Metaverse, where the Golden Age “evolved” into the Silver and Bronze Ages then into the post-Crisis era etc. If this is the case, then each time one of these other Earths “evolved”, a copy of the original split off into Hypertime. Which means that when the Flashpoint hit and Earth 16 “evolved” from the Young Justice Earth to the world of the Just, the Young Justice Earth spun off into Hypertime. Similarly, there should now be at least three alternate versions of the CSA's Earth in Hypertime: the pre-Crisis Earth 3, Morrison's “antimatter Earth 2”, and the New 52 Earth 3. Likewise, I'd treat both the “pre-Crisis” Earth 4 and the Watchmen universe as Hypertime spin-offs of the Earth 4 slot.

And despite my title for this thread, this is actually only exploring an expansion to the Multiverse; there's still a Dark Multiverse out there, and there may be other Multiverses; in particular, I'd have the Arrow-verse's Multiverse exist “out there” in the Omniverse, outside of this Multiverse.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by jaygon View Post
    Unless I misunderstood, which is possible, Pariah did not create an infinite multiverse, he restored ‘the’ infinite multiverse (Multiverse-2).

The pre-Crisis earths (Earth-One, Earth-Two etc.) must be a part of this restored Multiverse-2.
    Must they, though? The first page of the preview has Barry talking about how the 52-world cap has been removed. The idea seems to be that the worlds that Pariah restored were taken from Multiverse 2 and added to the mainstream Multiverse. That doesn't mean that every world was taken; there may still be a dead (or not so dead) Multiverse 2 out there, separate from the main Multiverse. Or maybe it is gone, and the only remnants of those worlds that didn't get transferred into the main Multiverse are their Hypertime forms.

Bottom line: if it's not listed, that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist; but it also doesn't mean that it does.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Waid letting his Silver Age fanboy run wild here. Least he made sure to keep the Earths Morrison established and is just adding more. It’s weird they include the DCAU and Injustice but not the Arkhamverse or the Tomorrowverse.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He had two pages to work with; there's a limit to what you can fit in that space. Which is why he made a point of using some of that space to say “this isn't all of them”.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Astonishing Member

The revived Multiverse is the new/old Multiverse. The 52 and the old infinite together. Some of the older Earths haven't come back under it, because few are still merged into Earth 0. And the structure seems to not bother with letter named Earths. They're not gonna undo everything Crisis did.

Few of the old Earth 1 variants are back for me. Happy the old Supersons Earth is back. Earth 1956 Superboy growing up to become Superfriend's Superman is different.

Earth 59 is verrryyy old.

Hopefully all the Earth 1 graphic novel universes are merged into one. That's what Morrison suggested Johns should do.

I expect certain Earths after the 52 to have certain characters omitted.

Lot of the other Earths are in Hypertime.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    The revived Multiverse is the new/old Multiverse. The 52 and the old infinite together. Some of the older Earths haven't come back under it, because few are still merged into Earth 0. And the structure seems to not bother with letter named Earths. They're not gonna undo everything Crisis did.
    Agreed with your conclusion.

Few of the old Earth 1 variants are back for me. Happy the old Supersons Earth is back. Earth 1956 Superboy growing up to become Superfriend's Superman is different.
    …but not all that surprising. Whole the Superfriends never got into the origins of the characters, it was produced at a time that everyone took it as a given that Superman had been Superboy when he was younger.

Earth 59 is verrryyy old.
    It is, isn't it? Out actually beats out Earth 2 as the first alternate Earth to be introduced.

Hopefully all the Earth 1 graphic novel universes are merged into one. That's what Morrison suggested Johns should do.
    That might be difficult, considering that Wonder Woman and Green Lantern chart out mutually exclusive futures for Earth One.

I expect certain Earths after the 52 to have certain characters omitted.
    Such as?

Lot of the other Earths are in Hypertime.
    Yes. In particular, I suspect that most of the pre-Crisis Imaginary Tales would work better in Hypertime than as parallel worlds. Also “Earth B” and a few others, such as one where Hal Jordan married Carol Ferris. (In the story, Hal realized that he had somehow slipped into an alternate world, kind of like Earth 2 or Earth 3; but since likely the only thing we know about that works was that Hal and Carol were married, I'd call it a divergent timeline.)
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 12-12-2022 at 04:20 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.