Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post

That might be difficult, considering that Wonder Woman and Green Lantern chart out mutually exclusive futures for Earth One.

Such as?

.)
    They can do adjustments and modifications and nip and tucks to fit the various Earth One stories.

Supersons lacked certain characters having duplicates of pre crisis Earth 1 characters. Earth 789 lacks many powered characters.

Astonishing Member

What is Earth-46? (Batman: The Gargoyle of Gotham)

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    They can do adjustments and modifications and nip and tucks to fit the various Earth One stories.

Supersons lacked certain characters having duplicates of pre crisis Earth 1 characters. Earth 789 lacks many powered characters.
    Wonder Woman Volume 3 ends with the Amazons conquering Man's World in the here and now and setting up a global matriarchy that dominates the world for at least the next thousand years. Green Lantern is set approximately a century in the future in a science fiction setting that borrows its aesthetics from Aliens; there is no global matriarchy to be seen anywhere, and in fact the government running Earth is exactly the sort of government that Diana set out to prevent with her global takeover.

The two are mutually exclusive. If they're on the same Earth, then they're on mutually exclusive timelines of that Earth.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 12-12-2022 at 07:51 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

At this point, it kind of feels like DC has become some sort of mutant self licking ice cream cone or a serpent stuck endlessly chasing its own tail.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

That might be difficult, considering that Wonder Woman and Green Lantern chart out mutually exclusive futures for Earth One.
    I would be surprised if they do anymore EO projects going forward. It's obvious that WW takes place in it's own universe. GL probably does too. I think it's heavily implied that Superman and Batman take place in the same universe. But I honestly don't think DC cares all that much about the EO line anymore. It's just a carryover from the Morrison era. Supposedly Johns wants to do more Batman books but what's the point? Superman was left on a cliffhanger. WW wrapped up a complete story. Haven't read the second GL book but there's also the Teen Titans book and nothing much has been said about it either but it wouldn't surprised if nothing comes out of it either. I think the EO line is dead. With Black Label it's not really necessary either.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

The Superman Red and Blue world now has Batman dividied into two as well. So Batman Black and Batman Grey? I'm gonna need to see if the worlds are different in the art, if they're at all in the art. I've only seen the Earths from the leaked pages.

I wonder if the good variants of the Injustice charcters don't exist. And I wonder what version of Injustice they wil use.

There's at least one Earth that we know exists that isn't on the list: Earth 247, home of the post-Zero Hour Legion of Superheroes. So it won't surprise me if other existing stories set out of continuity also have their own Earths.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

There are so many stand alone stories they left out that could get their own worlds that some of the ones they chose seem kind of odd. A random Superboy story from the seventies seems like a strange choice to give a designated world to.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    There are so many stand alone stories they left out that could get their own worlds that some of the ones they chose seem kind of odd. A random Superboy story from the seventies seems like a strange choice to give a designated world to.
    I agree, like I said it’s just Waid indulging himself and throwing in all these Pre-Crisis stories that nobody but himself remembers (or cares about).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Earth-0 — "My" Earth, home to the JLA and others
    Earth-1 — Younger JLA variants just starting out (Superman: Earth One et al.)
    Earth-2 — The Justice Society of America (New 52)
    Earth-3 — The Crime Syndicate
    Earth-4 — Variants of the Question, Blue Beetle. Captain Atom, et al. (Multiversity Pax Americana)
    Earth-5 — Variants of the Shazam family (Multiversity: Thunderworld Adventures)
    Earth-6 — Wildly alternate variants of Earth-0 heroes (lust Imagine Stan Lee Creating the DC Universe)
    Earth-7 — Destroyed; sole survivor. Thunderer (Multiversity #1)
    Earth-8 — "Angor." home of the Retaliators
    Earth 9 — The "Tangent Heroes" (DC: Tangent Comics)
    Earth-10 — The Freedom Fighters
    Earth-11 — Reversed-gender variants of Earth-0 heroes and villains
    Earth-12 — A future Earth home to a young "Batman Beyond"
    Earth-13 — An Earth based on magic rather than science; home of Superdemon
    Earth-14 — Justice League of Assassins (deceased) (Superman v4 #15)
    Earth-15 — Home of the Cosmic Grail
    Earth-16 — Home of celebrity sidekicks the Just (Multiversity The Just)
    Earth-17 — Ravaged by nuclear war in 1986; home of the Atomic Knights
    Earth-18 — Frozen in Old West times; home of the Justice Riders
    Earth-19 — Steampunk heroes (Gotham by Gaslight et al.)
    Earth-20 — The Society of Super-Heroes, -pulp magazine"-style adventurers
    Earth-21 — A ILA created during the Space Race (DC: The New Frontier)
    Earth-22 — A future Earth marred by a war that claimed most superheroes (Kingdom Come)
    Earth-23 — Home of President Calvin Ellis, a.k.a. Superman (Action Comics v2 u9 et al.)
    Earth-24 — Predominantly female heroes fight World War II (DC Comics: Bombshells)
    Earth-25 — Adventurer Tom Strong and friends
    Earth-26 — The anthropomorphic Zoo Crew
    Earth-27 — Dinosaur JLAers (The Jurassic League)
    Earth-28 — Heroes fight using mechanized war suns (DC Mech)
    Earth-29 — The backward Bizarroverse
    Earth-30 — Superman's rocket lands in Soviet Russia (Superman: Red Son)
    Earth-31 — Home to Leatherwmg and other "pirate heroes" (Detective Annual #7 et al.)
    Earth-32 — Random combinations of Earth-0 heroes (Batman: In Darkest Knight, et al.)
    Earth-33 — A world in which all superheroes are fictional (Flash #179 et al)
    Earth-34 — The Light Brigade
    Earth-35 — The Super Americans
    Earth-36 — Optiman and friends
    Earth-37 — A grim world of rapid technological advancements (Batman: Thrillkiller et al.)
    Earth-38 — Older multi-generational Earth-0 variants (Superman & Batman: Generations)
    Earth-39 — Agents of WONDER
    Earth-40 — Evil counterprits of Earth-20's heroes
    Earth-41 — Spore, Dino-Cop,, Nightcracker, and others
    Earth-42 — Cute "chibi" Earth-0 counterparts
    Earth-43 — A vampire Justice League (Batman & Dracula: Red Rain)
    Earth-44 — Robotic JLA variants
    Earth-45 — Creators of Superdoomsday
    Earth-46 — A grim young Batman with a unique, unrecognizable rogues' gallery (Batman: The Gargoyle of Gotham)
    Earth-47 — The Love Syndicate of Dreamworld, the inferior Five (Pres #1. et al.)
    Earth-48 — Tne Forerunners, genetically engineered warriors
    Earth-49 — Lois Lane dies, turning Superman dark (Injustice)
    Earth-50 — The tyrannical Justice Lords
    Earth-51 — An accelerated timeline where Earth met with a Great Disaster and is ruled by talking animals (Kamands, the Last Boy on Earth #41 et al)
    Earth-52 — The Primate Legion, sapient metasimians
    Earth-54 — Humankind lands on Mars in 1960; Earth of astronaut Tommy Tomorrow
    Earth-55 — Zombie versions of Earth-0 heroes (DCeased)
    Earth-59 — Home of Wonder Woman Tan Terruna (Note• first known parallel Earth) (Wonder Woman v1 #59)
    Earth-63 — Overrun with vampire counterparts of Earth-0 heroes (DC vs. Vampires)
    Earth-66 — Batman and Robin face exceptionally benign villains (Batman '66)
    Earth-93 — The Dakotaverse (Icon #1 et al.)
    Earth-96 — Teenage students Batgal, Bumblebee, Supergirl, Zatanna, and others (DC Super Hero Girls et al.)
    Earth-98 — Home of Green Lantern Tai Pham (Green Lantern: Legacy)
    Earth-100 — Home to Teen Titans Raven Roth, Garfield Logan, Damian Wayne, and others (Teen Titans: Raven et al.)
    Earth-118 — Medieval versions of Earth-0 heroes (Dark Knights of Steel)
    Earth-124 — Home to Wonder Woman. Wonder Girl, and Wonder Tot (Wonder Woman v1 #124)
    Earth-148 — Earth-0 counterpart heroes are villains and vice versa (World's Finest Comics v1 # 148 et al.)
    Earth-162 — Superman and later, Batman divided into two separate beings (Superman v1 #162)
    Earth-183 — Superman raised by apes (Superboy #183 et al.)
    Earth-216 — Home of Superman. Jr. and Batman, Jr. (World's Finest Comics #215, et al.)
    Earth-387 — No divergences in history other than every inhabitant is a werewolf (Adventure Comics #387)
    Earth-789 — Superman and Supergirl are Earth's only powered heroes; Batman's parents killed by the joker. (Superman '78, Batman '89)
    Earth-898 — A Justice League without a Superman (JLA: The Nail)
    Earth-1956 — A teenage Superman (Superboy) and his dog, Krypto, are Earth's first super-heroes; later, home of the Super Friends
    Earth-1996 — Mysterious "amalgamated" (?) heroes; requires further investigation?
    Earth-2020 — Three generations of Supermen (Superman v1 #354 et al.)

Note: the list is not comprehensive: is a number isn't listed, that doesn't mean that an Earth doesn't exist in that spot. Quite the contrary; one can assume that every natural number has an Earth; we just haven't been told what's in the spots that have been skipped.

The first 52 Earths are identical to Morrison's Multiverse, but with the “seven Unknown Earths” filled in. The later numbers are either made up out of whole cloth, based on the issue number that they first appeared in, or based on the year that they first appeared. This is similar to the scheme used to catalog many pre-Crisis Earths; so it would be safe to say that world numbers catalogued in Crisis on Infinite Earths: Absolute Edition which don't conflict with this list exist, and are still the same. In fact, some of these new Earths are the same as their pre-Crisis counterparts, as far as I can tell: they are Earths 54, 59, 124, 148, 162, 183, 216, 387, 898, and 2020. Pre-Crisis numerical designations that haven't been claimed in the new Multiverse and haven't been renumbered are: Earths 57, 64, 85, 89, 91, 95, 116, 117, 127, 132, 134, 136, 146, 149, 154, 159, 166, 167, 170, 172, 175, 178, 184, 192, 200, 215, 224, 230, 235, 238, 265, 270, 276, 300, 332, 353, 377, 383, 388, 391, 395, 399, 404, 410, 417, 423, 462, 508, 523, 677, 686, 702, 922, 988, 1098, 1099, 1101, 1163, 1198, 1289, 1863, 1876, 1888, 1927, 1938, and 5050.

Two original Multiverse Earth's deserve special attention: Earth 235 is the designation given for the Realworlds fifth-week events, which could either stand on its own or be folded into Earth 33; and Earth 247, while not on this list, has been confirmed as part of the new Multiverse in teasers for the upcoming Legion of Four Worlds.

The worlds that aren't numbered, or that have numbers that conflict, are more questionable: in theory, the Infinite Earths has room for everything, and you merely need to assign a new natural number to each of those Earths (e.g., pre-Crisis Earth 2 might now be Earth-1961, based on the year that Flash of Two Worlds was published); but in practice, “Infinite” isn't the same as “Everything”; and some of those “orphaned Earths” may be completely absent from the Infinite Earths. Non-numbered Earths are: Earths C-minus and C-plus, D, G, I, Q, Quality; I-Earth, M-Earth, and R-Earth; Earth-Terra, Jimmy Olsen's Earth C, and Crossover Earth.

The “archived Earths” from Doomsday Clock aren't listed here. My pet theory is that they're on the Hypertime side of the Divine Continuum; the way they spawn whenever Earth 0 changes matches the way Hypertime operates, and it means that we don't have to find places for them in the Omniverse. More generally, I'd also be inclined to put other “Earths” that are either “altered histories” (e.g., “Earth B”, the world that resulted from an evil Johnny Thunder messing with the timeline to replace the JLA with criminals) or “possible futures” in Hypertime instead of assigning “vibrational signatures” to them.
    This is the most convoluted , ridiculous ,overly complicated bunch on nonsense.
    Orrey of Worlds, omniverse, multiverse, Hyper time..reborn destroyed, merged, altered .....

Multiple Earth 1s, 2s, 3s

Who the hell is making this stuff up? Why can they not just build off the original multiverse concept, retroactively explained in DDC?

They don't need to constantly reboot to make it easier for new readers, they need to simplify and pick a lane.

Quote Originally Posted by jaygon View Post
    Unless I misunderstood, which is possible, Pariah did not create an infinite multiverse, he restored ‘the’ infinite multiverse (Multiverse-2).

The pre-Crisis earths (Earth-One, Earth-Two etc.) must be a part of this restored Multiverse-2.
    Buuuuuuut didn't DDC already restore it?

Here are some other potential worlds for the new Multiverse. These came from a list of pre-IC Earths; the ones with asterisks have designations that would need to be changed if they're going to fit into the new Multiverse.

I'm looking for suggestions for other worlds to add to these lists. Given where I got this info (CoIE Absolute Edition), it's seriously out of date; newer options are welcome.

Earth 0*: precursor to new Earth 29. Possible nothing has changed except the designation.

Earth 1*: precursor to new Earth 1. Also merged into new Earth 0. Doomsday Clock style archival Earth; briefly known as Earth 1985.

Earth 2*: precursor to new Earth 2. Also merged into new Earth 0. Doomsday Clock style archival Earth.

Earth 3*: was merged into the Antimatter Universe for a time. Precursor to all Earth 3s.

Earth 4*: home of Charlton comics. Merged into new Earth 0. Also spawned Watchmen universe, then merged with it to form new Earth 4.

Earth 5*: a world without superheroes visited by Batman, inspiring his local counterpart to become Batman. (Could be folded into Earth Prime, maybe?)

Earth 6*: precursor to new Earth 48.

Earth 7*: homeworld of Dark Angel version of Donna Troy. (Maybe fold it into Earth 3?)

Earth 8*: merged into new Earth 0.

Earth 11*: home to “Tin”, a robot from a nuclear wasteland.

Earth 14*: speculative world for non-Kirby Fourth World stories

Earth 15*: an antimatter Earth populated by stone giants that almost merged with the pre-Crisis Earth.

Earth 17*: grim and gritty Earth; home of insane Overman. Probably better as a Dark Multiverse “failed world”.

Earth 23*: Superboy's pocket Earth.

Earth 27*: an extreme right-wing Earth; possibly set it up as a Dual with Earth 47?

Earth 32*: world where Carol Ferris married Hal Jordan; visited by main Earth's Hal Jordan. Call it a Hypertimeline?

Earth 40*: based on Thrill Comics #1, it features Billy Batson as Captain Thunder, a Metropolis-raised Superboy, a WWII-era Wonder Woman, and a Bruce Wayne who passed the torch to a new Batman and Robin in the mid-60s.

Earth 85: a speculative world for out of continuity post-Crisis stories involving Captain Marvel and Hawkman. Just call it “Hypertime flux” and be done with it…

Earth 235: Realworlds. Stories involving ordinary people inspired by reading DC Comics. Merge with Earth 33?

Earth 265: homeworld of cetacean-descended aliens encountered by Barry and Wally. Recast as an extraterrestrial world? (See also I-Earth, M-Earth, and R-Earth, below.)

Earth 377: I don't know much about this one; only that it involves Superman Red, Superman Blue, and Terra Man, whoever that is.

Earth 383: a variant of the Phantom Zone, where people who die on Earth One get a new lease on life. Supergirl visits it and meets Joan of Arc, Isaac Newton, and Abraham Lincoln. I wouldn't put this in the Orrery of Worlds; I'd put it in the Sphere of the Gods, adjacent to the Phantom Zone in the Underworld.

Earth 1289: a world where Batman and Robin's first formal case was against the Riddler, and where Harvey Dent was rehabilitated. Call it a Hypertimeline?

Earth A*: an altered timeline for Earth 1 where an evil Johnny Thunder replaced the Justice League with the Lawless League. Call it a Hypertimeline.

Earth B*: a speculative world designed to handle out-of-continuity Earth One stories. Just replace it with Hypertime flux.

Earth C-minus*: home of Just'a Lotta Animals.

Earth C-plus*: home of Hoppy the Marvel Bunny and other Fawcett Comics funny animals.

Earth-D*: this is similar in concept to Earth 23; so I'd be inclined to treat it as the Convergence-style precursor to Earth 23.

Earth-G*: Skartaris.

I-Earth*, M-Earth*, and R-Earth*: “chronal worlds” created by Despero. Nothing special; just other worlds populated by intelligent insects, sea creatures, and dinosaurs, respectively. Possibly treat them as pocket worlds instead of alternate Earths.

Earth I*: a world that has achieved immortality.

Earth Prime*: a fictional world that starts out very similar to our own. I'd make this be distinct from Earth 33, which supposedly is us and is sealed off from the rest of the Multiverse by a “fictive membrane” that only allows ideas through. Very meta. By contrast, Earth Prime is home to Superboy Prime.

Earth Quality*: home of Quality Comics heroes, without Earth 10's “Nazi Earth” elements. I'd treat this as a Doomsday Clock style archival Earth, and a Convergence-style precursor to new Earth 10, by way of Earth X.

Earth S*: home of Fawcett Comics. Like the last one, treat this as a precursor to new Earth 5. Also merged into new Earth 0.

Earth X*: the second iteration of the Quality Comics universe, now with Nazis! Precursor to new Earth 10.

Jimmy Olsen's Earth X: an alternate world visited by Jimmy; he became a superhero while there.

Crossover Earth: a world inhabited by a mix of DC and Marvel heroes. I'd treat this as an extreme case of Hypertime dynamics (the temporary merging of different Hypertimelines, allowing you to combine elements of two worlds for the duration of a story as if they were on the same Earth).

The Linearverse. I would fold the Super Buddies and Justice League 3000 into this Earth.

Naomi's homeworld.

The Dakotaverse, precursor to new Earth 93. Also merged into new Earth 0.

The Wildstorm universe, precursor to the Wild Storm universe. Also merged into new Earth 0.

inspired by other media
    Earth 462: a WWII-era world featuring the Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl played by Cathy Lee Crosby and Debra Winger, and militarized Teen Titans. (Sole appearance was in Infinite Crisis.)

Earth 508: a world based on the DC Super Friends toy line, not the TV shows.

Earth 988: a world based on the 1988 live action Superboy series.

A world based on the Lois and Clark TV series.

A world based on the Young Justice animated series. Precursor to new Earth 16.

A world based on the Smallville TV series. (Yes, it's part of the Arrow-verse's Multiverse; but it predates it.)

(Further expansions to this could include other TV series, though my inclination would be to set up the CW network's shows as a separate Multiverse, since they put a good deal of effort into developing one. Still, there's precedent for Multiverses overlapping; witness the Amalgam Earth.)

Elseworlds
    Earth 395: Superman: Kal
    Earth 523: JLA: Act of God
    Earth 677: League of Justice
    Earth 686: Dark Knight Returns
    Earth 702: JLA: Destiny
    Earth 922: JLA: Created Equal
    Earth 1098: Elseworld's Finest. Precursor to new Earth 11.
    Earth 1099: Catwoman: Guardian of Gotham
    Earth 1101: JLA: Riddle of the Beast
    Earth 1163: Superman/Wonder Woman: Who Gods Destroy
    Earth 1198: Superman: the Dark Side
    Earth 1863: Superman: a Nation Divided
    Earth 1876: JLA: Age of Wonder
    Earth 1888: JLA: Island of Dr. Moreau
    Earth 1927: Superman's Metropolis
    Earth 1938: Superman: War of the Worlds
    Earth 5050: JLA: Secret Society of Superheroes
    (Expanding this list involves identifying seminal Elseworlds that deserve more recognition.)

Imaginary Tales
    These are mostly what Marvel would call What If stories: take an existing status quo, and throw a curve ball at it.

I would most likely not do any of these as full-on Earths. Instead, treat these as a sampling of Hypertimelines. That said, several of the existing Earths originated as Imaginary Tales; so it's not impossible for some of these to receive “Multiversal Earth” status.

I've got each classified by what title they appeared in; the numbers are the issues that the stories appeared in. In the CoIE Absolute Edition, most of those numbers were also used as the universe designations. As above, the asterisked ones are already in use as Earth designations — not that it matters, because the dynamic nature of Hypertime tends to render designations moot.

Action Comics: 235, 332, 388, 391, 399, 410
    Superboy: 95, 116, 124*, 134
    Superman: 132, 146, 149, 159, 166, 170, 175, 192, 200, 215, 224, 230, 276, 300, 353, 404, 417, 423
    Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane: 43*, 47*, 51*, 64, 89, 91, 94* (“Earth Terra”).
    Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen: 57, 117
    Wonder Woman: 127, 270
    World's Finest: 136, 154, 167, 172, 178, 184
    Rogue wears rouge.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I agree, like I said it’s just Waid indulging himself and throwing in all these Pre-Crisis stories that nobody but himself remembers (or cares about).
    To be honest it's all indulgent BS.
    -Do we really need designated Earths for completed stories like Red Son or multiple versions of vampirized heroes (Red Rain & DC vs Vampires)?
    - While I like Batman'66, Superman'78 ... do we need to really map and designate these stories for how they fit the comic book universe. Is it that hard to just go "a world like in [insert live action project]"

Sure label the worlds you plan to reuse, if you are actually going to put in the work to make them a coherent thing- by why have Earth-3, AND Earth-148 if the next writer who wants a heroic Joker, a villainous Batman or whatever will most likely reboot part of Earth-3 or make their own whole new Erath (that will then be forgotten about when the next writer wants an evil Teen Titans group.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Buuuuuuut didn't DDC already restore it?
    No. Doomsday Clock restored (most of) the pre-Flashpoint Earth 0 continuity. What this is reporting is (most of) the pre-Crisis Infinite Earths.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    This is the most convoluted , ridiculous ,overly complicated bunch on nonsense.
    Orrey of Worlds, omniverse, multiverse, Hyper time..reborn destroyed, merged, altered .....

Multiple Earth 1s, 2s, 3s

Who the hell is making this stuff up? Why can they not just build off the original multiverse concept, retroactively explained in DDC?

They don't need to constantly reboot to make it easier for new readers, they need to simplify and pick a lane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    To be honest it's all indulgent BS.
    -Do we really need designated Earths for completed stories like Red Son or multiple versions of vampirized heroes (Red Rain & DC vs Vampires)?
    - While I like Batman'66, Superman'78 ... do we need to really map and designate these stories for how they fit the comic book universe. Is it that hard to just go "a world like in [insert live action project]"

Sure label the worlds you plan to reuse, if you are actually going to put in the work to make them a coherent thing- by why have Earth-3, AND Earth-148 if the next writer who wants a heroic Joker, a villainous Batman or whatever will most likely reboot part of Earth-3 or make their own whole new Erath (that will then be forgotten about when the next writer wants an evil Teen Titans group.
    Points noted. I should have called this an Appreciation thread; I don't want it bogged down by complaints about how messed up everything is; I'd rather it focus on the positives.
    Rogue wears rouge.