Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    "Movie is a failure because it doesn't hit the arbitrary metrics I've made for success despite every person giving me evidence of why movies in general aren't making the money they used to."
    It has yet to make 800m. I rather stick to the OP question on the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    You're surprised the film where the lead actor died isn't going to be as profitable as the one the lead actor was actually in? Lol how are you not embarrassed?
    What is embarrassing is that the MCU power and influence was not enough to ensure the sequel pass the first regardless of the hard and difficult circumstances.

If we are talking of profit and leading actor, Black Panther 1 or 2 will not have made as much as Black Adam if it was not part of the MCU. The Rock has a reputation for been a box office draw.

Had there still been a lead actor, there wont have been a guarantee that it will have been as profitable as the first. MCU knows this with their film series, the one reason they started relying too much on less stand alone movies ever since captain america 3 turned into civil war.

Thor 4 made less than Thor 3 and Thor spent its time doing strong adverts for GOTG. Now that is a real lol.

Astonishing Member

People are nuts. Wakanda forever is currently the 12 biggest superhero movie of all time domestically. And will probably end up 9th. Behind 4 avengers movies, No Way home, a couple Batman movies, and the first Black panther movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    It has yet to make 800m. I rather stick to the OP question on the thread.

What is embarrassing is that the MCU power and influence was not enough to ensure the sequel pass the first regardless of the hard and difficult circumstances.

If we are talking of profit and leading actor, Black Panther 1 or 2 will not have made as much as Black Adam if it was not part of the MCU. The Rock has a reputation for been a box office draw.

Had there still been a lead actor, there wont have been a guarantee that it will have been as profitable as the first. MCU knows this with their film series, the one reason they started relying too much on less stand alone movies ever since captain america 3 turned into civil war.

Thor 4 made less than Thor 3 and Thor spent its time doing strong adverts for GOTG. Now that is a real lol.

Thor 4 didn't play in China and Russia, Thor 3 did where it made 140 million dollars. It actually made more than Thor 3 domestically.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 12-13-2022 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    People are nuts. Wakanda forever is currently the 12 biggest superhero movie of all time domestically. And will probably end up 9th. Behind 4 avengers movies, No Way home, a couple Batman movies, and the first Black panther movie.
    Not "people." Just Castle/Fridays lol I don't understand why people want folks to laugh AT them?

Many of the super hero movies of the MCU have done better on their other outings then the first.

Spiderman No Way Home made way more then the other 2 before it.

As was pointed out Thor 4 made more then Thor 3 domestically.

The fist Avengers movie was the lowest grossing one.

Captain America Civil War made way more then First Avenger.

If people are really tired of this Multiverse and Shared Universe would Avengers Endgame and Spiderman No Way Home really have done so well?

So many of the MCU movies made more on their squeals.

So the couple that dont mean "Hey Super hero fatigue. The genre is dying time to pack in."

Its a damn joke and a super tired take at this point.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-13-2022 at 12:56 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

In 2019, nine movies had a box office of more than a billion dollars. Over half weren't comic book films.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/year/world/2019/

This year we're probably going to have three movies that reach this milestone (counting Avatar 2). So I don't think this is about comic book films, as much as other factors.

Plus I wouldn't be surprised if No Way Home made a billion dollars in 2022, given its late release.

Incidentally, in 2017, four movies made over a billion dollars internationally and none were superhero films.

In 2016, Captain America: Civil War was the top film but the three other movies to make over a billion dollars weren't superhero films.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    In 2019, nine movies had a box office of more than a billion dollars. Over half weren't comic book films.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/year/world/2019/

This year we're probably going to have three movies that reach this milestone (counting Avatar 2). So I don't think this is about comic book films, as much as other factors.

Plus I wouldn't be surprised if No Way Home made a billion dollars in 2022, given its late release.

Incidentally, in 2017, four movies made over a billion dollars internationally and none were superhero films.

In 2016, Captain America: Civil War was the top film but the three other movies to make over a billion dollars weren't superhero films.

I honestly dont think one can even compare recent released movies and use a billion dollar thing. Doctor Strange made 950 million and didn't get released in China and Russia. Neither did Thor, or Black Panther. There have been two billion dollar movies since 2020 without china and Russia. That is No Way Home, and Top Gun. Im thinking Avatar 2 will do it.

If anyone bothers to look at billion dollar movies without China and Russia the list is not very large.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I don’t understand why folks hold The Batman in such high regard. I really, really don’t get it. It looked cool, sure. It referenced some cool stuff from the comics too. However, the characters set up mysteries that are immediately solved, leaving no room for any real mystery. Also, the world’s greatest detective didn’t exhibit good deductive reasoning in that film. I mean, there are worse superhero films I’m sure but I don’t get how this one gets put on a pedestal.
    tbh I didn't care for it that much either. It was nothing that hasn't already been seen before in the Nolan films. I liked the Alex Proyas like aesthetics of Gotham tho. But that's it.

As fun as the whole superhero fatigue narrative dream some people seem to have is, what I find equally as amusing are people who loved the Christopher Reeves Superman films and Tim Burton's 2 Batman movies, and they try to claim today's superhero movies are overrated, too hyped up and all over the place. Yes, these people also exist. I know one.

Nevermind the comparisons in quality between those old Supes & Bats films compared to today's, but to say modern superhero films are pushed too hard on the public as if those old films weren't? I remember all the hype with Burton's '89 Batman film. The delusions some people have when they try to enforce their skewed subjectivity are hilarious.

So the Superhero movie fatigue is somewhat overstated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    OR

1. China closed their film market, reducing the international ticket sales
    2. The theatrical window has shrunk since 2019 limiting the ticket sales
    3. Audiences have embraced streaming over going to the theater.
    I would rather stream than going to the theater. I am not fond of crowded places. I sort of dislike crowds. Besides it annoys me when someone is opening their cellphone in the theater when I want to see the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

The fist Avengers movie was the lowest grossing one.

The second avengers movie is the lowest grossing one.

My metric considers A) how much it costs to make the film, and B) how much money do they earn from it. If A is higher, it's a flop. If B is higher, it's a success. How much of it? Depends on the B/A proportion.