Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I haven’t read this entire thread but why would Marvel have to reboot at all? They can keep cranking out movies without ever having to reboot. Let the story evolve.
    Last edited by Stick Figure; 12-16-2022 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I have read this entire thread but why would Marvel have to reboot at all? They can keep cranking out movies without ever having to reboot. Let the story evolve.
    They dont have to reboot. They are doing fine. They are not having a problem at all. This whole thread boils down to

"I dont like Marvel so they need to do things my way."
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    This is all such utter nonsense. No one can tell me Wakanda forever wasn't as serious as any X-men movie. No one. This entire idea that all marvel movies are the same is such garbage. Multiverse of Madness wasn't the same as Love and Thunder. There may have been two jokes in Wakanda Forever. Did people actually watch Wear-wolf by night? Was in anyway similar to She-Hulk? For that matter was the original Black Panther movie some joke fest? Was Winter Solider not serious? Was everyone laughing it up during No way home? This trolling isn't serious. Its just a tool to bait people.
    The first Black Panther movie was very serios and I would say grim in spots. And it dealt with some really heavy subjects.

Multiverse of Madness showed several characters being killed in some nasty ways.

In No Way Home yes there was humor but There was also Aunt May being killed and Peter dealing with the fallout and emotion of that. As well as the end where he says goodbye to MJ and Ned. That was pretty touching.

Winter Solider had a terrorist attack that killed several people and that is after Wanda killed people by mistake at the start of the movie.

I dont see how these are not serious things like some claim? Were there jokes in those movies? Yes there was a bit of humor (A bit more in No Way Home)
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Well, it looks like Safran and Gunn already have some plans in place. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

While there were some high points to the DCEU (Shazam, Wonder Woman, etc), the core of that franchise was always a bit odd. So much of Snyder's baseline frame of reference for the DCEU seemed to stem from a collection of stories that were notable for how much they deviated from what was standard or ones that really worked better way later in the timeline. Namely The Death of Superman, The Dark Knight Returns, Injustice and Flashpoint. All of it tied together by a general knowledge of the New 52.

I'm hoping Gunn and Safran can come up with something special and highlight the wide range the DC Universe covers from ridiculous to sublime. One thing they could potentially do, now that many people are starting to feel like the interconnected universe at Marvel is a little too interconnected, is develop a universe where the team-ups are a bit more distinct from the solo franchises. This could be facilitated by the fact that each of the major DC heroes has their very own fictional (or often not fictional, in the case of Wonder Woman) city to inhabit. Though, I'm not sure that will win some other people over, considering DC movie fans on Twitter are now ranting that Shazam 2, Aquaman 2, Blue Beetle and Flash are pointless now that the DCEU is no more.

Amazing Member

Yeah I think the mcu is still going strong my three most anticipated for the mcu now are blade, deadpool 3, and fantastic four because I think out of the ones coming soon those are the three that intrigue me the most out of the upcoming list. James gunn can do whatever he wants at this point he's already recasting superman and Wonder Woman, batman and the rest will be soon to follow I will withhold judgement until I see what he has in store for us in the next couple of years for the dcu we just don't know what that is at this point all we know is that the Joachin Phoenix joker will be getting a sequel in 2024 and matt reeves the batman will get a sequel in 2025 so we'll see what comes of all this

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    No offense…but where have you been? lol. Its been rumored all around the internet from the major trades like Hollywood Reporter that Gunn might be looking to restart/reboot the movie universe.
    The past few months have largely seen me trying to engross as much of my freetime as possible playing online games and not much else to keep my brain quiet and distracted for...reasons (what a **** time to discover dysphoria, **** you life). So I've not been up to date on anything really.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    They dont have to reboot. They are doing fine. They are not having a problem at all. This whole thread boils down to

"I dont like Marvel so they need to do things my way."
    Exactly. "If it ain't broken, why fix it?" So why try to reboot a profitable multi-billion dollar film franchise?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Exactly. "If it ain't broken, why fix it?" So why try to reboot a profitable multi-billion dollar film franchise?
    Because there is a notable vocal reaction letting us know it IS broken and stagnant. Call it a 'minority' all you want, but I don't think they're wrong and it's only getting louder and more frequent.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Because there is a notable vocal reaction letting us know it IS broken and stagnant. Call it a 'minority' all you want, but I don't think they're wrong and it's only getting louder and more frequent.
    The ticket sales say they're doing just fine.

Seriously, not liking them is fine but it's also okay to realize that something you may not like is enjoyed by many others.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The ticket sales say they're doing just fine.

Seriously, not liking them is fine but it's also okay to realize that something you may not like is enjoyed by many others.
    A lot of fans who have read comic books for a long time hate this Marvel MCU, for sure. But most of the customers who saw any of the MCU movies were neither fans nor have ever stepped in a comic book shop much less read comic books and will continue to not read comic books even though they are watching the MCU.

In the end, it wasn't the fans that made the MCU into a profitable enterprise.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    A lot of fans who have read comic books for a long time hate this Marvel MCU, for sure. But most of the customers who saw any of the MCU movies were neither fans nor have ever stepped in a comic book shop much less read comic books and will continue to not read comic books even though they are watching the MCU.

In the end, it wasn't the fans that made the MCU into a profitable enterprise.
    lol, that's a bitter statement that doesn't mesh with my experience.

I mean, granted, no comic fan likes every creative decision that they've made, but myself and most I've talked to love the fact that they're live action and largely well acted.

Astonishing Member

If I am reading these movie numbers correctly Wakanda forever is about to move into 9th place all time for domestic box office for a superhero movie. And has an outside chance at 8th. Behind 4 avenger movies, the first black panther, two batman movies and No way home which just came out a year ago. Soooooooooo I would say Marvel is doing fine.

Astonishing Member

Going forward I'm very curious to see how this will all play out. Will the new IPs create franchises? Shang-Chi gets a pass and The Eternals is in limbo. Will the TV IPs become movie leads? A lot of the actors are certainly getting up there in age. I think it's a shame to sideline major heroes so there will never be team ups with certain individuals unless multi-verse crosses over. IMO a reboot is better than relying heroes jumping in from different earths. To me that's a cop-out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I mean, granted, no comic fan likes every creative decision that they've made, but myself and most I've talked to love the fact that they're live action and largely well acted.
    I think he meant that most of the people who went to see MCU movies aren't Comic Book fans, namely because their aren't that many readers anymore. Comic readers aren't a big enough audience to make these a hit.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, that's vastly different from my experience as well.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.