Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Dude, you shouldn't give your in-depth expert analysis away for free. You need to get a meeting with Iger to share your invaluable insight.

Note: Can moderators lump all "MCU is over" threads into one?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    That's subjective and you know it.
    What's objective is that they're still very popular and audiences enjoy them.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    What's objective is that they're still very popular and audiences enjoy them.
    Pretty much this, if they weren't making money they'd stop making them and yet they aren't which means the majority of people like them.

I don't get why it's so hard to understand for some people.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 12-12-2022 at 01:25 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Pretty much this, if they weren't making money they'd stop making them and yet they aren't which means the majority of people like them.

I don't get why it's so hard to understand for some people.
    Strangely, people need to feel validated. Apparently it makes some people feel uncomfortable when they don’t like something, and they need to feel superior for not liking it. This leads to either creating scenarios in which they believe EVERYONE doesn’t like the thing in question (because “how could they?!”), or they belittle people for liking the thing in question.

It’s very weird.

I love the MCU is over threads! Its like a greatest hits on MCU Hate.

The fact that The Box Office numbers are still strong for pretty much every MCU movie shows they are not done. Some have done better then others. Some have not done as well. But that is how it is in every movie franchise.

Bashing movies that are not even out yet is a weak argument that the MCU is over. I will do the same thing. I didnt like most of the Dc movies so whatever they put out in their reboot is going to be pure trash!

They keep making money hand over fist they are going to keep making them. And at the end of the day it does not matter what the critics think of these movies (Even though we get so many super hero fatigue, Marvel movies are bad for the movie industry articles every couple of days) because what matters are box office numbers. And those are going strong.

I didnt like all The Marvel Movies. But other people liked the ones I didnt like so I cant say they are not doing well just because I didnt like them. I do understand just because something is not to my taste that does not mean it is bad or a failure.

I am glad the DC seems to have a plan going forward. They have some great heroes that have been stuck with not so great movies. So it will be good to see some of them get another chance. And maybe see some lesser known heroes come forward.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-12-2022 at 03:23 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

He's right, it just makes sense to end the most successful franchise in movie history and end it while audiences are still flocking to the theaters to see it.
    I also hear McDonalds is ending the Big Mac and fries to find something new. Maybe sushi and ramen?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    DC may feel they don't need a DCEU anymore. it was a strangle hold on their neck. scrapping it could be the freedom they are looking for. Joker sequel is cool let it stand on its own , same goes for Matt Reeves Batman films.
    All the news reports and quotes from Zaslav, Gunn and Safran indicate the newly named DC Studios will be more tightly integrated and cohesive as a fictional universe than DCEU ever was, not less, excluding maybe Reeves’ Batman.

Happy to see DC rebooting their movie universe. Wonder Woman 3 could have happened but it is not the end of the world because it is not happening. Got to wonder why Marvel is still trying to stretch out their film universe that is painfully over.

DC has the balls to reboot, why can't Marvel. Phase 4 finally blew the led of the marvel illusion of greatness that was never truly there. Phase 5 will likely be worse and X-Men can't save Marvel movies.
    Somebody’s trolling, LMAO!!

Reboot the MCU? (NOT) Great advice for Disney — stop the printing presses, on which you’re practically minting money, Disney! Destroy perhaps the most monetarily successful movie franchises in the history of film, Disney, for… what? Why? Oh, because of some bitter comics fans.

LOL!! Doesn’t really make sense, does it?

I do appreciate the enthusiasm for Gunn’s DC Studios, though. I am right there with you on that. Onward and hopefully upward, DC!
    Last edited by Brian B; 12-12-2022 at 11:47 PM.

I will say, certainly i have more faith in James Gunn than any of the other prior DC head honchos including Geoff Johns, even if i don't always agree with Gunn's sensibilities.

Gunn's emphasis on developing lesser-known characters should serve him well. and that was certainly a huge key to the mcu's success - not having access to spidey or x-men forced them to focus on heroes that were a relatively blank slate with general audiences. But of course WB is going to want Batman movies as well as movies that at least feature Supe or WW if not solo films

so the question to me is whether Gunn can somehow work the big 3 into his vision for DCEU in a way that doesn't go against audience expectations for those characters, with the elephant in the room being that different audience members often have wildly different ideas of how Superman or WW should be portrayed.

Personally i would kind of do something like the 52 event where you have a big adventure and Supes, WW & maybe some other of DC's big guns disappear at the end. then make the focus of your phase how other heroes indivually step up in their absence and eventually team up to free the big 3 who arrive just in time to help out with the big bad. not too much here that's very original (other than exiling the big 3 for a few movies) but just an example of how i think Gunn could get things going in his own way. I just think DC needs to find ways to capitalize on its many many characters the way marvel does.

I like Gunn but he's like Waititi. He does interesting stuff but it's an acquired taste. So he'd be like Snyder so give him the C-listers instead of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I like Gunn but he's like Waititi. He does interesting stuff but it's an acquired taste. So he'd be like Snyder so give him the C-listers instead of the league.
    Don’t look now, but I’m pretty sure they handed Gunn the keys to the kingdom, except maybe not the Dark Knight. A Gunn-led universe with Superman at least is surely coming soon enough.

If Gunn had the cajones, he’d resurrect Nic Cage’s Superman Lives, complete with Tim Burton directing off of Kevin Smith’s script!

(Yes, I know that will never happen, but it would be cool.)

Happy to see DC rebooting their movie universe. Wonder Woman 3 could have happened but it is not the end of the world because it is not happening. Got to wonder why Marvel is still trying to stretch out their film universe that is painfully over.

DC has the balls to reboot, why can't Marvel. Phase 4 finally blew the led of the marvel illusion of greatness that was never truly there. Phase 5 will likely be worse and X-Men can't save Marvel movies.
    A reboot comes from failure to generate revenue Black Adam is an example. Wakanda Forever made less than BP1, but it isn't gonna be a big loss like Black Adam seems to be at.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Don’t look now, but I’m pretty sure they handed Gunn the keys to the kingdom, except maybe not the Dark Knight. A Gunn-led universe with Superman at least is surely coming soon enough.

If Gunn had the cajones, he’d resurrect Nic Cage’s Superman Lives, complete with Tim Burton directing off of Kevin Smith’s script!

(Yes, I know that will never happen, but it would be cool.)
    I'm more of a casual fan whose not interested in the Big 7. I like them more as supporting players than the lead so I've been fine with the films so far. I'm just warning everyone else not to get their hopes up.

It's a public service lol.

https://comicsalliance.com/justice-l...gn-aaron-diaz/

I'd be into this take becoming canon.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-13-2022 at 11:20 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    A reboot comes from failure to generate revenue Black Adam is an example. Wakanda Forever made less than BP1, but it isn't gonna be a big loss like Black Adam seems to be at.
    By Disney own standard BP 2 will be a big loss. Has any mcu sequel made over 500 million less than the Original?

Since the MCU cannot reboot, a way they will want to savage BP 2 loss is to try and merge the world of Black Panther and X-Men or Fantastic 4.

There is no way they will let a BP 3 movie be a stand alone. they will try and have so many connection and multiverse madness that things will finally snap.

However I must make them remember that GOTG did not help Thor 3.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

By Disney own standard BP 2 will be a big loss. Has any mcu sequel made over 500 million less than the Original?

Since the MCU cannot reboot, a way they will want to savage BP 2 loss is to try and merge the world of Black Panther and X-Men or Fantastic 4.

There is no way they will let a BP 3 movie be a stand alone. they will try and have so many connection and multiverse madness that things will finally snap.

However I must make them remember that GOTG did not help Thor 3.
    Now you're just being silly. How is BP 2 a big loss when it's done 769 million world wide with out being released in China?

At some point you just have to realize your opinion is totally detached from reality.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!