Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEarth View Post
    LoL if its over - for the stores you mean - partying all the way past New Year sounds pretty good to me. But carry on my friend I am enjoying.
    Thanks. It's all in fun and I hope you enjoy the next one! I will be posting it shortly
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-15-2022 at 02:22 PM.

On the Fourth Day of Christmas Santa Doom gave to me

Four Stylish Suits

Three Monster Minions
    Two Doomy Bears
    And a Throne made of Asgard's World Tree

For those who might not notice the first suit is worn by Doombot a character that was featured in the Runaways series and recently returned for an appearance in the She Hulk series to seek assistance with a moving violation charge. We've yet to read the details on that. Then we have Doom's appearance after Secret Wars 2015 when Reed restored his face. This is followed by Doom's somewhat baroque attire that he wore at Emma Frost's Hellfire Gala this year. This outfit was actually recreated by a designer for a cosplay fashion event in New York this year. The last suit was worn by Doom in the Unthinkable arc by Mark Waid and Mike Wieringo.

And you know what they say about a sharp dressed man....

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-15-2022 at 02:23 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

YAAAASSSSSS! I love Day Four and the style of Doom! He wears them all well.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

For a person of humble beginnings he certainly has developed a taste in clothes, fine wine and he is a bit of a gourmand.

On the Fifth Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

FIVE IMPERIAL RINGS

Four Stylish Suits
    Three Monster Minions
    Two Doomy Bears
    And a Throne Made of Asgard's World Tree

As far as I know, the only time we see Doom's Imperial Ring is in Daredevil #38 "The Living Prison". Doom kidnapped Daredevil to use in a scheme to gain some payback from the Fantastic Four after they defeated him in FF#60. He switched bodies with Daredevil so that he could gain access to the Baxter Building to attack the FF. But while he's on his way to the Baxter Building, Daredevil, who know is in Doom's body, orders Doom's henchmen to stop Daredevil. So Doom has to prove that he is disguised as Daredevil by showing him his Ring Imperial. But it does seem that the ring has some powers. Those thuggish minions seem to be getting zapped by it. I remember reading this as a kid and wondering what the word 'unmitigated' means. That's one thing that Stan liked to do is to throw out this kind of vocabulary and make you look for a dictionary.

Other than the ring and maybe you could count the gold medallions of his cape, we don't see Doom wearing much jewelry. This Daredevil issue has one of the most memorable covers of Gene Colan's Daredevil run

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-17-2022 at 12:28 PM.

I think the main reason we don't see the Imperial Ring is that he'd have to wear it over his armored gauntlets. Not ideal.

That is a classic cover! Love it!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

On the Sixth Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......
    SIX SUPERVILLAINS

Five Imperial Rings
    Four Stylish Suits
    Three Monster Minions
    Two Doomy Bears

Along with the Fantastic Four, Victor von Doom is one of the original characters of the Marvel Universe. Of course there was also the Skrulls and Mr. Miracle and the Mole Man but they did really become major characters. Before Doctor Doom would make his debut in issue #5, Namor was featured in issue #4. Like Captain America, Namor acts as a link to the comics of the 1940s. From this point on Doom and Namor would frequently appear as a team in various stories and would share their own title in the Supervillain Team Up series that ran from 1975 to 1980 but neither Doom or Namor was in the series and the end and the Red Skull and the Hate Monger were featured in the last two issues.

Next week's issue of Namor The Sub-Mariner: Conquered Shores #3 features a reunion of sorts with Doom as Namor and Luke Cage pay a visit to what remains of Latveria after a conflict involving the Kree. It's been years since Doom and Namor have been in a comic together and perhaps things aren't as the seem and Doom may yet appear. But we'll have to wait until next week to find out!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-17-2022 at 05:01 PM.

On the Seventh Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......
    Seven Suits of Armor

Six Supervillains
    Five Imperial Rings
    Four Stylish Suits
    Three Monster Minions
    Two Doomy Bears

Like his frequent opponent Tony Stark, Doom does change the design of his armor from time to time. Starting from the top row we have the classic look from Jack Kirby, the Doom 2099 armor, God Emperor Doom from Secret Wars 2015, a suit of armor designed by Walt Simonson in Fantastic Four #351.

Then in the bottom row we have an enchanted suit of armor that was created with the help of Morgan Le Fey using a shard from the legendary sword Excalibur. of Morgan Le Fey. Next is the Hell Armor from the Doctor Doom solo series where he was set down to Mephisto's realm after being shot by Taskmaster. Finally we have his Infamous Iron Man armor which he used while trying his hand at being heroic.

Nice! Didn't realize Doom had so many suits. Though, I admit, I'm a sucker for the classic. It's iconic for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    On the Sixth Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......
    SIX SUPERVILLAINS

Five Imperial Rings
    Four Stylish Suits
    Three Monster Minions
    Two Doomy Bears

Along with the Fantastic Four, Victor von Doom is one of the original characters of the Marvel Universe. Of course there was also the Skrulls and Mr. Miracle and the Mole Man but they did really become major characters. Before Doctor Doom would make his debut in issue #5, Namor was featured in issue #4. Like Captain America, Namor acts as a link to the comics of the 1940s. From this point on Doom and Namor would frequently appear as a team in various stories and would share their own title in the Supervillain Team Up series that ran from 1975 to 1980 but neither Doom or Namor was in the series and the end and the Red Skull and the Hate Monger were featured in the last two issues.

Next week's issue of Namor The Sub-Mariner: Conquered Shores #3 features a reunion of sorts with Doom as Namor and Luke Cage pay a visit to what remains of Latveria after a conflict involving the Kree. It's been years since Doom and Namor have been in a comic together and perhaps things aren't as the seem and Doom may yet appear. But we'll have to wait until next week to find out!

Luke has a lot of room to talk. Didn't he work for Doom before? Mr. 'Give Me My Money."

The first Marvel SVTU! And one of the best. I think the contrast between Doom being covered completely from head to toe with nearly naked Namor is perfect! Says alot about their personalities and relationship. Get rid of that black suit.

"Taken a holiday against your campaign against the surface world." LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Nice! Didn't realize Doom had so many suits. Though, I admit, I'm a sucker for the classic. It's iconic for a reason.
    Yes, the Kirby design is a classic. Most of Doom's appearance keep the same general concept and just give him a different tunic/cape. But the mask has been changed over the years. Even though it only appeared once, I think that armor Doom conjured up in Hell in to fight Mephisto is memorable.

Luke has a lot of room to talk. Didn't he work for Doom before? Mr. 'Give Me My Money."

The first Marvel SVTU! And one of the best. I think the contrast between Doom being covered completely from head to toe with nearly naked Namor is perfect! Says alot about their personalities and relationship. Get rid of that black suit.

"Taking a holiday against your campaign against the surface world." LOL!
    Doom sense of humor is pretty dry

Luke Cage likes to hide his former mercenary ways but his solo title was called Hero for Hire. and apparently he worked cheap since he was to be paid $200.

Agreed. Often imitated; never duplicated...

On the Eighth Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......
    Eight Scary Reindeer

Seven Suits of Armor
    Six Supervillains
    Five Imperial Rings
    Four Stylish Suits
    Three Monster Minions
    Two Doomy Bears

Iron Man and Doctor Doom have a long history of appearances together in comics and this is definitey one of their weirdest. This one shot was written as part of a sort of mini event called King in Black involving Venom and evil symbiotes.... "As Iron Man and Doom fight as temporary allies, their unexpected encounter both with each other and a horrifying inversion of yuletide joy may ultimately reveal to them the true meaning of Knull-mas." Writer Christopher Cantwell does throw in quite a bit of humor in the dialog between Doom and Stark. In this scene Doom shares with him some of the bizarre Latverian holiday traditions and lore.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-20-2022 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

[URL="https://imageshack.com/i/po0bbeamj"]
    I'm going out on a limb and saying FF 6 was an underappreciated point in the modern age careers of Doom and Namor. The teaming gave them both more menace and threat than they would have had otherwise.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

That could very well be true. Another thing that I think helped is that Jack Kirby redesigned Doom from his first appearace in issue #5 and added the cape. He needed an upgrade for that meeting with the Prince Namor. It added to his regal appearance although we would not know he ruled Latveria until later in FF annual #2.