Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I wouldn't be against the Russo bro's taking a stab at WW. If they want to dabble on the DC side of things
    I like their storytelling skills and I think they'd find the right tone. Visually they are very weak though.

Geeta Vasant Patel

She directed episode 8 of House of The Dragon. She made an old dude walking to a chair epic somehow. If that's not talent, I don't know what is.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Retired

Seems to me a Patty Jenkins trilogy needs to be completed by a Patty Jenkins.

At this point I don't want any of my favorite directors to waste any time or money with the fucking living disaster that is Warner Bros right now. I

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Ana Lily would be awesome, but I think she's fairly niche for a propery this big. We got to be realistic.
    James Gunn only directed Super (2010) and Slither (2006) before Guardians of the Galaxy, and was a producer on a bunch of really niche films and shows. Yes he wrote Scooby Doo and Dawn of the Dead, but writing a script is no claim at all to directing. Super was a super low budget and niche film, and Slither was a cult movie and box office failure. I think he could definitely empathize with Ana Lily's background and movie genre

Other things Ana Lily Amirpour also directed
    - 1 episode of Legion (SHE ALREADY DIRECTED A SUPERHERO SHOW)

- 2 episodes of the new The Twilight Zone

- 1 episode of Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities
    Last edited by Alpha; 12-15-2022 at 05:25 PM.

We have the new logo and they based it on new 52. I hope that's not the indication of where they are going

62CA18E3-8C01-4491-9FC4-20D37639ED13.jpg

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    We have the new logo and they based it on new 52. I hope that's not the indication of where they are going

How cheap of them

Krysten Ritter. She's done some directorial gigs and seem to be moving towards that career path now.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

So meh. Also, very disappointing to see only one woman in that lineup. Would it have killed them NOT to include GL and instead have Hawkwoman? Black Canary?

Eh, I wouldn't read too much into it. They probably just went with the most well-known characters for the logo. There's no way the actual JL movie lineup is gonna include five white guys and one girl.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    So meh. Also, very disappointing to see only one woman in that lineup. Would it have killed them NOT to include GL and instead have Hawkwoman? Black Canary?
    It means next to nothing. They literally reused an image and it's just representing their biggest brands. That's all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    James Gunn only directed Super (2010) and Slither (2006) before Guardians of the Galaxy, and was a producer on a bunch of really niche films and shows. Yes he wrote Scooby Doo and Dawn of the Dead, but writing a script is no claim at all to directing. Super was a super low budget and niche film, and Slither was a cult movie and box office failure. I think he could definitely empathize with Ana Lily's background and movie genre

Other things Ana Lily Amirpour also directed
    - 1 episode of Legion (SHE ALREADY DIRECTED A SUPERHERO SHOW)

- 2 episodes of the new The Twilight Zone

- 1 episode of Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities
    Didn't knwo most of this. I take away what I said then, she should get the gig because her work is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I wouldn't be against the Russo bro's taking a stab at WW. If they want to dabble on the DC side of things
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    I like their storytelling skills and I think they'd find the right tone. Visually they are very weak though.
    I re-watched Civil War last week and I disagree about them being visually weak. Though they are not the best visual directors of the MCU either.

The Disney Hercules remake they're working on would be a good indicator for how well they would do with mythology. For WW, I think they would do really well with the Agent Diana Prince and the espionage elements of her mythology.

The fight scenes would be top notch that's for sure. Nat's fight scenes in the CW opening is the best fight scene she's gotten in the MCU. Still wish they had directed the Black Widow movie.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I re-watched Civil War last week and I disagree about them being visually weak. Though they are not the best visual directors of the MCU either.

The Disney Hercules remake they're working on would be a good indicator for how well they would do with mythology. For WW, I think they would do really well with the Agent Diana Prince and the espionage elements of her mythology.

The fight scenes would be top notch that's for sure. Nat's fight scenes in the CW opening is the best fight scene she's gotten in the MCU. Still wish they had directed the Black Widow movie.
    I thought about the Russo Brothers, but the only problem is that their inclusion in the Wonder Woman films would only strengthen the false Captain America/Wonder Woman comparison claims. I'm also concerned they'd be too tempted to use the Wonder Woman shield in a similar way they used Captain America's shield.

I would love for the Russo Brothers to do an action-espionage reboot of the Charlie's Angels films with Jennifer Laurence, Gal Gadot, and Lashana Lynch. The Russo Brothers also seem tailor-made for a Fast and Furious movie.

As for Wonder Woman, I think James Mangold could be interested depending on how his Indiana Jones film does. I liked the more adventurous aspect of Wonder Woman 1984, and I would hate to lose it.

While this isn't direction, I would love it if the fight chorographers from the Cinemax/HBO Max show Warrior could do the fight choreography for the next Wonder Woman film.