Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Seeing how DC can't control themselves in making more human GLs, I say it's only a matter of time until he's brought to the main continuity for real.
    Heck, I'm surprised Jeremy Adams didn't bring him over already to team up with Irey West.
    Doesn’t his earth have its own Irey West as Kid Flash he’s already friends with?

Either way I love huge green lantern group shots so this is fine.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Enjoyable issue, Ghost Mode and Guy not giving a crap about “disrespecting” Superman got laughs from me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It's another fun issue.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-23-2023 at 12:29 PM.

Seeing how DC can't control themselves in making more human GLs, I say it's only a matter of time until he's brought to the main continuity for real.
    Heck, I'm surprised Jeremy Adams didn't bring him over already to team up with Irey West.
    I think it is not the first time he has a cameo. I remember in Morrison's GL he hsd one panel appearance and I feel like has appeared somewhere else as well.

Who is the guy at the end supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think it is not the first time he has a cameo. I remember in Morrison's GL he hsd one panel appearance and I feel like has appeared somewhere else as well.

Who is the guy at the end supposed to be?
    Yes, I agree this is not the first time. But he has yet to have a big appearance, so all his cameos can more or less be ignored.
    If he ever truly makes the move to Earth-0, they will probably have to adjust his origin, as his grandmother was a GL long before Hal or John, which would be a continuity mess. But what’s another continuity mess at DC, right ?

About the Doom Patrol, I know we’re in a very particular bubble, but I get the feeling this title has more buzz around it than most DP runs usually do.
    It’s making me confident that the series can get extended beyond 7 issues.
    Between this and the classic team’s appearances in World’s Finest, it’s a pretty good time to be a fan of the team.

There is also hat summer event Zatanna mini that will have her team-up with Robotman.

Yes, I agree this is not the first time. But he has yet to have a big appearance, so all his cameos can more or less be ignored.
    If he ever truly makes the move to Earth-0, they will probably have to adjust his origin, as his grandmother was a GL long before Hal or John, which would be a continuity mess. But what’s another continuity mess at DC, right ?

About the Doom Patrol, I know we’re in a very particular bubble, but I get the feeling this title has more buzz around it than most DP runs usually do.
    It’s making me confident that the series can get extended beyond 7 issues.
    Between this and the classic team’s appearances in World’s Finest, it’s a pretty good time to be a fan of the team.
    Having it acknowledge the wider DCU might be helping it. Typically DP is off in its own corner but Culver kicked off the run by sending them to Gotham. Don’t get any closer to the center of DC than that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I’m loving all the call backs and appearances of classic Doom Patrol villains. Great to see Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man causes chaos. With an apparent power upgrade, as he was able to spawn AVM dinos. And of course Houngan being called back to the Brotherhood of Evil.

When the GLs were fighting Staro I had chuckle seeing all the constructs of things that could poke an eye, including a Three Stooges double eye poke hand. And of course a BB gun (you’ll shoot your eye out with that thing, kid).
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-24-2023 at 09:14 PM.

- I like the callback to the Morrison days with Cliff deadnaming Rebis back before it was a thing and seeing that Larry was still a bit bothered by it. Cliff's apology was nice as well. I wonder if that was Morrison's intent back then, as it might have been something they were aware of way before mainstream awareness.
    - Of course the GLs were kinda jobbed on this and underpowered for plot reasons. Two Green Lanterns can't stop a car? Either one of them should've been able to snatch it up directly rather than block the road, or fire at it, or throw billboards at it.
    - Speaking of, is Superboy (particularly in that outfit, which implies a young Clark) back as a thing in continuity?
    - I like their "Doom Charger" with "ghost mode" - and (like every ghost) for some reason the car doesn't pass through the ground.
    - The Ani-Veg-Min scene just seemed like a writer letting the artist have fun. I liked seeing the different iterations of new Ani-Veg-Min folk. I hope a few of them stick and we get to see them as a team in the future.
    - Google yielded no results, but are we supposed to know who "Mr Droo" is? (is he a Druid?) I'm not familiar. There's scorpion and devil imagery, and he's got the two ladies, which usually signals that he's a baddie. [edit: oh, I just saw Robotman's post that he's Houngan: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Jean-Louis_Droo_(New_Earth)]
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-26-2023 at 03:10 AM.

Incredible Member

About this interview with Waid,

https://www.cbr.com/mark-waid-dc-spo...e-interview-1/

I sometimes wonder about Waid's chances of writing a "World's Finest: Doom Patrol"?

World's Finest #15 has a callback to the opening story arc with the return of the Doom Patrol. What was it about bringing them back, and what's the joy in writing them? I feel like you hadn't written them much in the past.

No, I touched on them a little bit in JLA: Year One, but that was some time ago. There's something fun about writing those characters because they're slightly off-center. They're a little weird and spooky compared to the Justice League and Teen Titans. The fact that they show up in this story arc is not so much by design because I love those characters so much as it is Robotman being under the control of the villains.
    And what do you think about the villain Garguax appearing as a villain in a arc in the Shazam?

What can you tease for Shazam! and Batman/Superman: World's Finest?

With Shazam!, once we're done with this story arc, which has Gorilla City showing up soon and an old Doom Patrol villain called Garguax, who is the Emperor of the Moon -- the Captain accidentally starts a war between Gorilla City and the Moon. That's a big part of what's coming up.

David Lafuente?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    David Lafuente?
    Indeed, he’s on the next issue. As a Morrison Action fan I like how he draws the imps similar to that take on Mxy.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    - Google yielded no results, but are we supposed to know who "Mr Droo" is? (is he a Druid?) I'm not familiar. There's scorpion and devil imagery, and he's got the two ladies, which usually signals that he's a baddie. [edit: oh, I just saw Robotman's post that he's Houngan: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Jean-Louis_Droo_(New_Earth)]
    He's Houngan from the Brotherhood of Evil.

Houngan1.jpg