Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Such a great book until the reveal at the end. Why does it have to involve that character (or a version of that character)? Ugh.
    I think than that will be part of the bigger story. After all spoilers:
    the Batwoman who Laughs, who is the Batwoman of earth 11 corrupted and not a dark multiverse copy, made her debut in JLIncarnate.
    end of spoilers

Still, even if Dorothy wasn't returned and that other character is compromised, I think maybe Rhea could return in the next Doom Patrol series, if a new series in on schedule.

Oh well still a ton of fun overall. So happy to have a Doom Patrol book that captures the essence of the team. Culver really just took the original concept of a super team that’s kind of a support group for “freaks” and expanded it to an X Men-like level. New recruits they’re trying to help, training facilities, etc. I loved it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Indeed. I think the last time Doom Patrol was this grounded in the DCU was during Giffen's run before Flashpoint.
    You should had check the Doom Patrol story in DC's Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun. The writer there put in context the whole story oif the Doom Patrol in a very respectful and touching story.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 10-25-2023 at 06:34 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Such a great book until the reveal at the end. Why does it have to involve that character (or a version of that character)? Ugh.

Oh well still a ton of fun overall. So happy to have a Doom Patrol book that captures the essence of the team. Culver really just took the original concept of a super team that’s kind of a support group for “freaks” and expanded it to an X Men-like level. New recruits they’re trying to help, training facilities, etc. I loved it!
    I enjoyed the book a lot but I’m nervous about the second season now too. I don’t mind the Batman Who Laughs, but a distaff knockoff character? Ehhhhh not exactly thrilled. Still I’d give Culver a chance, he really redeemed himself overall with this book. I just pray he doesn’t decline back to the quality level he was at with JLI and FSG which were both terrible.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I enjoyed the book a lot but I’m nervous about the second season now too. I don’t mind the Batman Who Laughs, but a distaff knockoff character? Ehhhhh not exactly thrilled. Still I’d give Culver a chance, he really redeemed himself overall with this book. I just pray he doesn’t decline back to the quality level he was at with JLI and FSG which were both terrible.
    Well, we must remember than Culver himself "co-created" the character, so it was to expect than either him or WIlliamson were going to use the character somewhere.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Well, we must remember than Culver himself "co-created" the character, so it was to expect than either him or WIlliamson were going to use the character somewhere.
    Ah I didn’t put that together. Not really surprised she showed up then.

I still wish he wouldn’t have shoehorned her in the story.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I assume they might do a whole thing with the character which does fit within the general concept of the Doom Patrol. Assuming it goes well.

Either way glad I caught up this was a fun read, hope we get a continuation or just more Doom Patrol stuff in general.

This is probably the perfect example of when you have a slam dunk and at the last second decide to shoot yourself in the foot.

I get that she was "created" by Culver, but when Morrison says that your idea is stupid then maybe pretend that it never happened instead of bringing it back in another book that is also very directly linked to Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This is probably the perfect example of when you have a slam dunk and at the last second decide to shoot yourself in the foot.

I get that she was "created" by Culver, but when Morrison says that your idea is stupid then maybe pretend that it never happened instead of bringing it back in another book that is also very directly linked to Morrison.
    Lol I remembered that post from Morrison’s Substack. I guess the only defense I can muster is that Culver seems to be implying that the plan is to fix her.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I thought it was a decent end but it did feel abrupt upon the first read.

I'm curious what Culver does for season 2. I'm hoping the worm subplot comes to a head.

I didn't know about BW who laughs and I'm not sure how to feel about it. A Kate and Alice merger would've been more interesting as they are twin sisters. Maybe Batwoman who laughs becomes the newest member?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-26-2023 at 01:31 PM.