Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

-First four issues will be one and dones, the last two will be sort of a coda to the first four
    -Doing the “season” approach where Burnham draws 6 issues a year
    -Might be specials and event tie ins in addition to that drawn by others, depends on sales. If sales are good he wants to build out the DP brand and do spin-offs
    -Meant as a jump on point but will have callbacks to previous runs, both Morrison and Way, plus runs older than Morrison
    -You will see some classic old school DP villains, teases there may be some new members of the Brotherhood of Dada/Evil
    -Wants to establish the DP as its own separate “pillar” Culver sees everything in the DCU as currently revolving around the JL, even the Titans are still ex-sidekicks to the League
    -DP are the outcasts which means they are going to come into conflict with local governments and other heroes
    -Their home base is called The Shelter, for metas who got really mutated by the Lazarus Resin
    -Easiest character to write for him is Cliff, hardest is Niles, Niles regrets what he did (referring to him deliberately causing the accidents which created the DP) and is trying to make up for it but still thinks he should be in charge. Right now he’s just a consultant and he’ll first show up in issue 2
    -Jane’s new alter ego causes both external conflict within the team and internal conflict for Jane herself because the Chief spends a lot of time in the driver’s seat and Jane isn’t sure if she’s ok with that. Niles is not happy about Jane’s new ego
    -Degenerate degenerates the meaner he acts, Beast Girl can manipulate peoples flight or fight instincts
    -Culver loves the HBO Max show, says he uses show Rita as inspiration for comic Rita
    -Doesn’t see the DP as friendly with the JL, similar to the X-Men and Avengers relationship, most of the DC superheroes view them as weirdos
    -First issue is the DP going to Gotham without Batman’s permission
    -Would love to see the Doom Patrol and Justice League fight, also would love to see the Doom Patrol and the Suicide Squad fight. The DP view the SS as their direct opposites because the SS are the worst case scenario for a meta. DP are pissed at the JL for allowing the SS to exist, they’re also pissed at Batman for allowing Arkham to continue functioning as it does
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    -First four issues will be one and dones, the last two will be sort of a coda to the first four
    -Might be specials and event tie ins in addition to that drawn by others, depends on sales. If sales are good he wants to build out the DP brand and do spin-offs
    -Meant as a jump on point but will have callbacks to previous runs, both Morrison and Way, plus runs older than Morrison
    -You will see some classic old school DP villains, teases there may be some new members of the Brotherhood of Dada/Evil
    -Wants to establish the DP as its own separate “pillar” Culver sees everything in the DCU as currently revolving around the JL, even the Titans are still ex-sidekicks to the League
    -DP are the outcasts which means they are going to come into conflict with local governments and other heroes
    -Their home base is called The Shelter, for metas who got really mutated by the Lazarus Resin
    -Easiest character to write for him is Cliff, hardest is Niles, Niles regrets what he did (referring to him deliberately causing the accidents which created the DP) and is trying to make up for it but still thinks he should be in charge. Right now he’s just a consultant and he’ll first show up in issue 2
    -Jane’s new alter ego causes both external conflict within the team and internal conflict for Jane herself because the Chief spends a lot of time in the driver’s seat and Jane isn’t sure if she’s ok with that. Niles is not happy about Jane’s new ego
    -Degenerate degenerates the meaner he acts, Beast Girl can manipulate peoples flight or fight instincts
    -Culver loves the HBO Max show, says he uses show Rita as inspiration for comic Rita
    -Doesn’t see the DP as friendly with the JL, similar to the X-Men and Avengers relationship, most of the DC superheroes view them as weirdos
    -Would love to see the Doom Patrol and Justice League fight, also would love to see the Doom Patrol and the Suicide Squad fight. The DP view the SS as their direct opposites because the SS are the worst case scenario for a meta. DP are pissed at the JL for allowing the SS to exist, they’re also pissed at Batman for allowing Arkham to continue functioning as it does
    Looks like we're getting a decent "Superheroic" push for the team again while still being the Doom Patrol .

The Chief trying to make amends? Good luck with that .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like we're getting a decent "Superheroic" push for the team again while still being the Doom Patrol .

The Chief trying to make amends? Good luck with that .
    Yeah that all sounds good. I’ve been hoping for a more traditional superhero book featuring the team. Morrison’s run is a classic but I hate when other writers try to copy him when writing the Doom Patrol. It can just come off as weird for the sake of weird.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm the opposite as the wide cast gives X-men more versatility than other franchises.
    What good is that when most of them don't get used or sit in the back while we have the days and lives or Emma, Scott, Jean, Logan and former villains trying to be anti-Harley?

Even in Gerald Way run Lucius did more in that run that a LOT of mutants-especially X-Academy & Gen X kids and he was barely in the book.

So far sounds good, I hope that we manage to get second mini drawn by Burnham in 2024.

And I'll be dissapointed if Chief making amends isn't just him trying to screw everyone else in some way... again.
    Last edited by HsssH; 01-27-2023 at 04:22 PM.

All of this sounds great.

You know what yearly Miniseries seasons with specials and tie-in one-shots doesn’t sound like a bad idea for a lot of comics and characters.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Lucius was cool, I hope that he returns at some point.

But ib the end it is still about the sales, nobody is rushing to publish a special for a series that sell like crap.

I’m happy that someone at DC wants to change things so everything doesn’t revolve around the League. Culver’s right in that the current DCU is very League centric, and frankly the Titans are not different enough from the League to change that. Both the DP and the SS could be those competing “pillars” if DC would throw its weight behind building them up.

I’m happy that someone at DC wants to change things so everything doesn’t revolve around the League. Culver’s right in that the current DCU is very League centric, and frankly the Titans are not different enough from the League to change that. Both the DP and the SS could be those competing “pillars” if DC would throw its weight behind building them up.
    This makes me wonder if people think Marvel is more Avengers-centric or X-Men centric.

This makes me wonder if people think Marvel is more Avengers-centric or X-Men centric.
    Currently the Avengers are the center of the Marvel universe but I'm a 90 kids so the X-men are my draw. It's easier to see Marvel as Avengers centric because most of the universe converges there. There are outliers like X-men but they find their way there eventually.

So I guess it depends on when you started reading Marvel .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-28-2023 at 09:08 AM.

During the 10s, and really starting with the Bendis NA run, Marvel was definitely Avengers centric. Hickman shifted the center back to the X-Men and I’d say that’s still where most of the attention is since Aaron’s run is mostly reviled. The X-Men have definitely been declining in hype since Hickman left however, and McKay on Avengers might shift attention back.

But even then, the last time things at DC didn’t center around the League was arguably Wolfman/Perez NTT and Giffen LoSH. Ever since Morrison JLA the League has been the center, it’s well past time to change that. Or at least try.

There’s no appreciation thread, and I really wanted to share this pic…:

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    There’s no appreciation thread, and I really wanted to share this pic…:

You could start one. .

I'm hoping Cyborg pops up as DP is a better fit creatively and Robotman would be a good foil for him.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-11-2023 at 12:26 PM.