Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fantastic Member

It's not perfect but it's an epic...it reminded me a lot of the How to Train Your Dragon films told in Tarantino esque chapters. I'm very curious to see if they spin off animated films or actually do live action Spiderman films Spider-Gwen steals the movie.

Mighty Member

I am very surprised there is extremely low activity in this thread after all the big craze and praise buzz ASTV is getting.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I am very surprised there is extremely low activity in this thread after all the big craze and praise buzz ASTV is getting.
    I think a lot of the chat is over on the movie thread in the Spider-Man section of the boards rather than here.

I saw this at a 10am session and found it dull I even nodded off twice while watching it

Saw this Thursday, LOVED IT!!!!

Okay, saw and enjoyed a bit ago, but random thought (plot hole?) just occurred to me: So, Miles is trying to rush back to his own universe, to stop a canon event?

I feel like that wouldn't make any sense, considering Peter Parker already got bitten and became Spider-Man in Miles' universe. The supposedly non-canon event of the extra-dimensional spider biting Miles already happened in his universe. So how is there something intrinsic to Spider-Man yet to happen in that universe?

I mean, even if we say canon events can happen after a universe's Spider-Man has manifested (as shown in Pavitar's case) ... someone close to Miles dying being a canon event would seem to indicate he is at least the Spider-Man of his universe, wouldn't it?

Meh, random thoughts.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Who were the other villans in the sketchbook? I think I saw Grizzly?

Mighty Member

I am very surprised there is ZERO traction in discussion with for this movie in here after all the praise and good box office performance.

Mighty Member

Anyhow, how well did it perform in Asia especially China, S. Korea, India and Japan?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I am very surprised there is ZERO traction in discussion with for this movie in here after all the praise and good box office performance.
    Without pointing fingers I'm sure this board is within a bubble. But Spider-Verse is already going to be one of the biggest summer/year hits the way it's going, nobody's going to take that from it, even if it doesn't get nominated for the Oscar again.

Hopefully the new animated TMNT movie does good too because that would probably remind people about how Spider-Man's movie is also quirky animated.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

As mentioned above, there is a 53-page thread in the Spider-Man forum.

I also think a lot of the conversation is focused on movies that underperform. That clearly doesn’t apply here. Critically acclaimed, high audience scores, and it is the largest US/Canada domestic gross of the summer. And all done on a smaller budget, so people can’t even say it will lose money.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Okay, saw and enjoyed a bit ago, but random thought (plot hole?) just occurred to me: So, Miles is trying to rush back to his own universe, to stop a canon event?

I feel like that wouldn't make any sense, considering Peter Parker already got bitten and became Spider-Man in Miles' universe. The supposedly non-canon event of the extra-dimensional spider biting Miles already happened in his universe. So how is there something intrinsic to Spider-Man yet to happen in that universe?

I mean, even if we say canon events can happen after a universe's Spider-Man has manifested (as shown in Pavitar's case) ... someone close to Miles dying being a canon event would seem to indicate he is at least the Spider-Man of his universe, wouldn't it?

Meh, random thoughts.
    I think the movie tries hinting there and in several other places that Miguel isn't as right about everything as he thinks he is.

Incredible Member