Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ideas for Wonder Woman Elseworlds

What are some ideas for Wonder Woman elseworlds you would like to see?

Wonder Woman: Paradise Now!

What if Diana arrived in our world during the Kamandi future

Steve Trevor discovered Paradise Island in the year 2010, but decided to stay there in Paradise for a few centuries. When Diana finally convinced him to take her to Man's World they found that earth had become the hellhole of Kamandi's stories.

We could see the amazons actually come back to an almost empty world and recreate society in their image over 2 centuries. Now that they can create a perfect world on their own terms, will they make an utopia or will they repeat the sins of Man? We see a new civilization rise up under the leadership of the amazons that expand all over the world using their unique technology.

It would be interesting to see Diana's struggle with Man's World being everything the amazons predicted and her being in the middle of this effort to create society with her sisters. And Steve Trevor could have an interesting arc as he lets the guilt in him make him an Amazonian fanatic.

And to add some tension make it so Ares did all of this, and is out there in Space destroying other civilizations

This would be the Wonder Woman equivalent of Superman Red Son. Diana would maintain her drive to challenge herself and push others to reach their full potential, and keep her ethical nature, but in a very different world.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What are some ideas for Wonder Woman elseworlds you would like to see?
    Any ideas coming from you?

Has DC Comics ever published a What If type of book? Or is the Elseworlds books what could be considered DC's What If?

I'd love to see a book that explores a DC Universe in which there is no Superman or Batman; a universe in which the so-called Trinity is Diana and, say, Power Girl and John Stewart. Or Diana, Vixen, and Jessica Cruz.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Has DC Comics ever published a What If type of book? Or is the Elseworlds books what could be considered DC's What If?

I'd love to see a book that explores a DC Universe in which there is no Superman or Batman; a universe in which the so-called Trinity is Diana and, say, Power Girl and John Stewart. Or Diana, Vixen, and Jessica Cruz.
    Elseworlds is their version of what-if

Angel of the Battlefield - Diana comes to Man's World to intervene in the American Civil War when a battle between the CSS Alabama and USS Kearsarge takes place off the coasts of Themyscira.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Elseworlds is their version of what-if
    I see.
    Questions, is Elseworlds a regular thing?
    Like a monthly thing? I ask because I have never ever read an Elseworlds book (alternate versions of Wonder Woman or any other of my DC faves have never appealed to me).

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I see.
    Questions, is Elseworlds a regular thing?
    Like a monthly thing? I ask because I have never ever read an Elseworlds book (alternate versions of Wonder Woman or any other of my DC faves have never appealed to me).
    It's not a monthly thing. Broadly it means almost any DC book set aside from the mainline books but usually presented as, and likely what most fans think of as, DC heroes with a twist; Superman in Soviet Russia, Batman in 19th century Gotham,

Incredible Member

I don't know where it would lead, but I would love a story where Barbara Ann Minverva is shipwrecked on Themyscira during the Salem Witch Trials. Maybe she's accused of being a witch for being a smart woman - math or science maybe. After seeing Themyscira, Barbara asks Diana to come to Man's World to bring about equality and her mission of peace.

We learn that there were two brilliant scientists and theorists in Salem: Edgar Cizko and Adriana Marquez Cyber. They had a professional competitive rivalry that pushed them intellectually and they both enjoyed and flourished. However, Ares sent his agents: Deimos, Phobos, and Eris to man's word to cause violence and chaos and ultimately war. The demigods convinced Cizko that a woman could never be his equal and thus he riled up all the men and told them their masculinity was in danger because Cyber was a witch. The men then burned her at the stake. The demigods then encouraged Cizko that any woman with an interest in academics or any nontraditional gendered interests was a witch. This led to the deaths of great minds like Veronica Cale, Doriz Zeul, Billy Brilliant, and Vanessa Kapetellis. Barbara was accused of being a witch and she escaped for her life.

Not only must Wonder Woman stop the witch trials but Eris has convinced another woman who is being accused of witchcraft, Marina Maru, to create a deadly poison to protect herself and other women. Maru has concocted a horrific poison, The Circe Elixir, that only affects men that she plans to use at the next witch trial to save herself.

Can Wonder Woman stop Maru from unleashing her poison, the misogynist hate of Cizko, and defeat the demigods before a gender war threatens all of humanity?

ETA- I also think Dolos the Duke of Deception could be used instead of the demigods that way another original Wonder Woman villain could be used. Just give him the powers of shapeshifting, and psychic whisperings that way people are still acting on their own accord, but then some god-like strength and durability for a big battle with Diana at the end.
    Last edited by PopQuezy; 12-14-2022 at 09:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

The biggest one for me would be a Wonder Woman Generations-esq story showing the impact Diana has on Man's World, and the world has on her, over the course of her career from 1941 to the present-day.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Any ideas coming from you?
    Yeah, I'll post them once I have them sorted out.

Astonishing Member

Got another which I'm frankly surprised hasn't been done yet - instead of US pilot Steve Trevor crash-landing on Paradise Island and getting Diana to come with him to the US and fight alongside the Allies, Nazi pilot Stefan Troger is the one whom Diana finds and who convinces her that his side is the righteous one in the war...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Got another which I'm frankly surprised hasn't been done yet - instead of US pilot Steve Trevor crash-landing on Paradise Island and getting Diana to come with him to the US and fight alongside the Allies, Nazi pilot Stefan Troger is the one whom Diana finds and who convinces her that his side is the righteous one in the war...
    I think the problem with this is the moment Diana gets to Germany. She'll see the concentration camps, the antisemitism, and the outright evil that she'll immediately change sides. There doesn't really seem to be much of a story there since there's no nuance to Hitler's evil.

Taylor did something similar to that for a Johnny-come-lately origin for Injustice WW and unsurprisingly like most of Taylor's works, it sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I think the problem with this is the moment Diana gets to Germany. She'll see the concentration camps, the antisemitism, and the outright evil that she'll immediately change sides. There doesn't really seem to be much of a story there since there's no nuance to Hitler's evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Taylor did something similar to that for a Johnny-come-lately origin for Injustice WW and unsurprisingly like most of Taylor's works, it sucked.

Yeah the comic was a clear cash grab trying to ride the 2017 movie's wave, it ended in a way that makes you wonder why she joined with pseudo nazi fascist Superman.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor