Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Yeah the comic was a clear cash grab trying to ride the 2017 movie's wave, it ended in a way that makes you wonder why she joined with pseudo nazi fascist Superman.
    Yep. Only done to ride off the coattails of an actually good Wonder Woman piece of fiction after years of consigning the character to “Horny Lady MacBeth” status.

Art even copied over stills from the trailers.

What if the Amazons turned on the Olympians after Heracles's attack?

What if Nubia was Wonder Woman and Diana became queen?

What if Donna and Nubia joined Diana when she ventured out into man's world?

What if Vanessa became the second Wonder Girl?

What if Julia Kapatelis was the one to crash on Themyscira instead of Steve Trevor?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What if the Amazons turned on the Olympians after Heracles's attack?

What if Nubia was Wonder Woman and Diana became queen?

What if Donna and Nubia joined Diana when she ventured out into man's world?

What if Julia Kapatelis was the one to crash on Themyscira instead of Steve Trevor?
    I would imagine that there are a few amazons that believe in the gods, but don't care for them or view them as antagonists after that event anyway, wouldn't need to be an elseworlds for that.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Without Diana's involvement, Cassie Sandsmark falls under the influence of Ares and becomes the Silver Swan.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I would imagine that there are a few amazons that believe in the gods, but don't care for them or view them as antagonists after that event anyway, wouldn't need to be an elseworlds for that.
    Yeah, but my idea is that all of them, even Hippolyta, turn on the gods.

-What if Hippolyta sculpted a boy instead of a girl? Or an intersex child?

-What if Diana was the one kidnapped instead of Nubia? (Going by the original origin for Nubia)

-What if Nubia became champion instead of Diana?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Incredible Member

What if the Egyptian Gods and Goddesses created Themyscira for The Bana Migdall and Artemis is their champion when Steve crash lands there?

Hippolyta and Diana are part of the outcast Amazons who left Themyscira for modern-day Athens.

During Diana's childhood, Doom's Doorway burst open. The Amazons couldn't contain it, and the evil inside spread all over the Earth. Diana is entrusted with Nubia who gets her off the island and raises/trains her as best she can. Fast forward to present day, Diana wanders a macabre and ruined land hunting demons and defending the weak. Along the way, she learns who might've been responsible for opening the Door and seeks revenge.
    Think Wonder Woman meets Berserk.

The Amazons are a clan of female ninja dedicated to fighting corrupt Shogun and evil oni ravaging the land.
    Basically ninja Wonder Woman based on Japanese mythology rather than Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    During Diana's childhood, Doom's Doorway burst open. The Amazons couldn't contain it, and the evil inside spread all over the Earth. Diana is entrusted with Nubia who gets her off the island and raises/trains her as best she can. Fast forward to present day, Diana wanders a macabre and ruined land hunting demons and defending the weak. Along the way, she learns who might've been responsible for opening the Door and seeks revenge.

The Amazons are a clan of female ninja dedicated to fighting corrupt Shogun and evil oni ravaging the land.
    I would actually love this idea, there are a few elements on Berserk that I think could easily cross over into a Diana story. Like Guts's perseverance or a morally bankrupt villains like the God Hand.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

When the Amazons freed themselves from Hercules, they lost faith in the Olympian's and abandoned them. Turning to older magic, the Amazons rewrote themselves into guardians of the fairy tales, with Queen Hippolyta killing and replacing the Queen of Fables.

As a result, when Diana ventures to Man's World, she's a little more.... Alice in Wonderland-y in mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

You can tie that to the various skirmishes that Themyscira has had with the US government. Maybe the US decides that they no longer trusted Amazons with safe guarding Doom Doorway and decides to invade and take over (also wanted to prove the superiority of US weapons over Amazonian tech) but something goes wrong and they end up unleashing the monsters from Doom's Doorway. The Amazons had the edge but there was a traitor in the midst and after the dust settled, the remaining Amazons tried to figure out who. Some blamed Diana which leads her on a quest to prove that she is innocent.

Diana as Dr Fate.

I had this idea ever since High School when I first read Perez's Gods and Mortals.

Ares kidnaps Diana's soul when it's in the well of Souls but the Goddesses intervene. The resulting battle ends when Ares tosses Diana's soul into a dimensional vortex where it traveled through various dimensions until it landed in Nabu's. The latter adopts Diana and in the modern day, reincarnates her as the new Dr Fate. She becomes a member of the modern day Infinity Inc where she meets a warrior claiming to be the new Champion of Themyscira.

What if Donna Troy was rescued by the Bana?

What if Donna was rescued by Circe?

What if Artemis didn't die and remained as Wonder Woman?

What if Akila was trained as a sorceress instead of a scientist?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

What if Ares created the Amazons.

I might go for a world where Women in general were dominant. So Matricarchy instead of Patriarcarchy. So Wonder Woman is the word's champion.

Then Kal El lands on a Paradise Island where only men live. So might be too much a Superman elsewords vs a Wonder Woman elseworld
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.