Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default 5 X-Men & Fantastic Four TV Shows Fox Needs to Make

With 20th Century Fox possibly eyeing the small screen, here are some shows the studio could consider for making in their corner of the Marvel Universe.

Full article here.

I would much prefer any possible series featuring younger mutants to be named "New Mutants" and not "Academy X. It's a more recognizable name.
    Other than that, X-Factor and Excalibur are both something I would watch and if done right Doctor Doom might be interesting.
    Last edited by Tim Drake; 05-05-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

X-Factor would probably be the best bet for a long-term TV show.

Good God no, Fox has a horrible history with the way they treat their shows.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I really like the ideas...would love to see maybe a real dark toned series like X-Force

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

None of these are interesting, for me.

I'd love to see a live action show focusing on Kitty Pryde, and other students at Xavier's School. Call it SHADOWCAT, or X-MEN ACADEMY.

Kitty pryde isn't a student she's a teacher. I'd love to see an X-Factor series based on Pad's previous series.

X-Factor or District X, could make a cool TV series.
    Future Foundation could be a "Star Trek" type scifi series.

I hope that something comes out X-Men related. New Mutants would be my choice, if they call it X-Academy, Generation X or whatever, fine. I hope that more older characters are used than newer. I just have no frame of reference for the very-new characters of the past 10 years.

As far as the Fantastic Four, I guess a Doom series would work, assuming the actor in the films wanted to be involved. Beyond that, I guess you could get into some other concepts but it may or may not interfere with what Marvel/Disney owns, e.g., Inhumans, Atlantis, Psycho Man, etc.

BANNED

The problem with all these ideas is that it doesn't take into account budget. Cast size and special effects weakened Generation X and Nick Fury, and they were telefilms.

For me, the best potential series that Fox could consider out of the properties they own are…
    • Domino, in which the mercenary-for-hire uses her skill to escape dangerous situations all while building up to find something — or someone,
    • MI-13, a Britain-filmed series starring Pete Wisdom and a backing team
    • Madrox P.I., starring Jamie and one or two other characters only
    and
    • Gambit, which focuses on the mutant thief and the guilds in New Orleans, but the first mark begins to hint there is someone manipulating him

MI-13 would go well with Almost Human if it survives.
    Gambit might work next to Sleepy Hollow.
    etc.

X-factor could easily fit its full cast. How many main cast members does ncis have? Gibbs, tony, mcgee, abby, ducky, palmer the new girl and their boss.

Amazing Member

Definitely would love a show based upon X-Factor Investigations. Best idea!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Good God no, Fox has a horrible history with the way they treat their shows.
    This. Given what the X-movies have turned into under Fox's delicate ministrations, I'd rather not see PAD's X-Factor go under their knives.

On the other hand, if they want to make movies / TV shows / merchandizing tie-ins / actor vehicles with Cable, Deadpool, Domino, Feral and various other Liefieldian horrors, I'm all for it.

Gideon and the EXternals! The Erotic Adventures of the Mutant Liberation Front, also Starring Wolverine! You know you want to, Fox! Do eet!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Drake View Post
    I would much prefer any possible series featuring younger mutants to be named "New Mutants" and not "Academy X. It's a more recognizable name.
    Other than that, X-Factor and Excalibur are both something I would watch and if done right Doctor Doom might be interesting.
    They could go with the title New Mutants: Academy X or New X-Men: Academy X. I think they should include the X in the title so casual fans know it's an X-Men product.

I think X-Factor Investigations has the most potential, and would benefit from being a TV rather than a movie.

sirgrunt99

Wait don't forget that FOX did Generation X and the sad thing is they only air one time. And they also did Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and it star was the David Hasselhoef and it also air one time only.

So how can they make anything better than movie. for I would think the TV shows would fall short.